Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jibbles

I want to add this bit cause I don't recall people talking about it.
You can trigger firefoam poppers over your crop to prevent fires.
Delete the home zone so the pawns never clean it up.
Raider often try to set fire to your crop, but if the field is covered in foam
they'll most likely stick around trying to set it on fire.
I guess it's cheese not worth fixing, but maybe improvements to AI could be made there.
Btw takes too long to clean up firefoam in this update.

Greep

Caravan annoyances are particularly noticeable when you have single entrances.  In this case they were leaving right as a tribal force was coming in.  I lost 3 faction for death of a pack animal, and got back all of my flake trade goods which I can donate for about 100 faction, so not exactly a loss lol.

As much as it's "unimmersive" maybe it's time trade caravans just have invisible trade goods.  How many times have changes to caravans/faction been made to avoid exploits?

[attachment deleted due to age]
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Jibbles

Quote from: Greep on July 18, 2018, 03:20:16 AM
As much as it's "unimmersive" maybe it's time trade caravans just have invisible trade goods.  How many times have changes to caravans/faction been made to avoid exploits?

Beacon hats FTW. Tribals tho. Wait, who trades with tribals?

Greep

Tribals do have wood at least usually  ;D

MineTortoise:
HELLO!

Emulsion

On the topic of 'friendly chat':
I really liked this option too, for training social or waiting out a withdrawal or if I don't want to recruit that pawn yet, but maybe later and it served roleplaying-feeling IMO.
Didn't ever confuse me,even when I started playing, in case some new players really don't know what to do it, you could add a tooltip when hovering over it stating that it will train social skills a little and maybe prepare them for later recruitment. If there wasn't one like this, haven't checked in a long time..

Regarding caravanning with multiple pawns:
I don't know if I got unlucky but I sent a couple out on a journey and in three days they didn't do any social interaction with each other. If this is intended I'd like to have it changed.
Would be really nice if there could be more social interaction and maybe even people becoming lovers during a journey.

And for those sneaky one-man trips variances for recreation would be really welcome so that they don't get bored so fast alone out there, my teetotaler is always recreation starved when arriving at home.

In regards to healer mech serums: maybe there are differences between the storytellers but on phoebe 'hard' after about 8 years I got 12 in total I think, used some and have 9 left in storage. Some tribes people wanted 13 incendiary launchers and gave me 4 in exchange plus a masterwork power armor helmet so I can't complain. I'm preparing for the ship launch,stacking up food and meds/drugs and bionics right now and I guess the serums will come in handy.

The ship building feels a lot like a grind for advanced components, which isn't bad in itself but I'd like outlander towns to have them for sale as well. Maybe I was just unlucky but I sent a pawn for shopping with an elephant and a dromedary because I also needed plasteel and he returned with 140 plasteel and, because they didn't have any other useful things for me, 40 ordinary components and a stack of neutroamine so the trip wasn't utterly useless but I'd like to see more plasteel for sale and at least 1 adv. Component.
My one good crafter didn't mind standing at the fabrication bench for roughly two whole weeks though and some mechanoids had the  decency to show up and spend some plasteel for the greater good ;-)

Regarding trqders: I think they should scale with time/wealth so they bring a little more than 800 silver in the late game.
Would also be nice but I guess a lot more complicated to programme if they remembered what you bought a lot of in the past and bring more of it and also more in general the more you traded with them in the past, probably up to a specific point.. Or a mechanic where you can order stuff for maybe double the price then but getting guaranteed that they bring at least some of it with them.

I had a trade caravan in front of my base when I triggered a poison ship and, like I planned, they started fighting the mechanoids and in the very same moment another trade caravan arrived and also joined the fighting. Almost all of them died but three I managed to rescue and I experienced no relation drop because of the deaths which I liked because...well I did not harm them ^^
Beforehand one of the traders killed their own muffalo with a grenade while fighting a mad chinchilla, maybe they should be a little more cautious regarding friendly fire with explosives. I liked the free adv. Components of course ;-)

Edit: appears to me, that I'm sounding more negative and just like 'I want, I want, I want' than intended so I have to say there are so much changes in 1.0 that I love, too much to mention them all, a few that come to my mind now:

-wildlife tab
-traders tending themselves
-crafting bionics
-melee being levelling up at good paste and being really worthwhile (in the past I never used it and now I really enjoy it)
-social interaction descriptions
-that deep talks add different amounts of relation pluses depending on the pawn participating in it (don't know if that's actually new but I only yet recognised)
-the new armor system
-threat levels for caravans
-caravanning as a whole (bedrolls, convenience features when forming one, rewards,...)
-Implementation of a mod-detector when loading a game and the possibility to load the mod order from the save

YokoZar

I have over 500 hours in this game and just learned that "antigrain warheads" are actually antimatter warheads that are just big explosives rather than special anti-crop weapons.

It seems I am not the only one to make this mistake.  What a confusing name.

5thHorseman

Quote from: YokoZar on July 18, 2018, 04:13:59 AM
I have over 500 hours in this game and just learned that "antigrain warheads" are actually antimatter warheads that are just big explosives rather than special anti-crop weapons.

It seems I am not the only one to make this mistake.  What a confusing name.

No WONDER they're so expensive!
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Kerr

Hey Tynan I've noticed that the "Make Stone Blocks" Bill doesn't have a skill slider for "Any Worker" like most the others do with the new UI.

I used to be able to set a skill cap so that more skilled crafters would work elsewhere....

Madman666

Yeah, as couple people mentioned, i also dislike new recruiting system a lot. It already could take up to decades depending on how good your diplomat was with 0.5% chances per attempt. Now you waste a week before recruiting even starts, because you need to break this new resistance first. And this means even more chance for him to break, to try escaping and etc.

And while you are at it, a prisoner (not a guest, a visitor or a foreign ambassador you need to suck up to) has moderate expectations and gets pissy like regular inhabitant of your town about things like having to share a room with two other pissy a'holes that were lucky enough i didn't finish them off. Or about - oh dear! - a missing table one of them destoyed during his previous tantrum. I wonder if those prisoners actually think they are on vacation in a sanatorium or something? Sure doesn't look like they're in prison.

I really hope that this change will be revised. For now it just seems like another attempt to force players to rely on crappy refugees, cause with each patch recruiting raiders becomes worse and worse. In any case, I hope I can find and disable this as i feel its unneeded.

Lanilor

I had a weird behavior on an item stach quest: The system said 3 turrets are guarding it, when I arrived I saw 1 turret, 1 mortar and 1 enemy pawn. After killing the pawn and deactivating the turret, there was the usual "all enemies defeated message". Now a few ingame hours later I got a "enemies are startign their assult" message and was confused. There still was a turret and an enemy pawn hiding between the stash building and a mountain in fog of war and he now started to dig out and attacked me.

TL;DR: When enemies are hidden in fog of war on an item stash, they don't cound towards the "all enemies defeated message".

I still have a save of this, if you want one.

5thHorseman

If one of my colonists gets captured, I expect them to get a golden bed in a jade tile room, and nothing but lavish meals.
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.

Greep

Okay this is just silly, this iguana masterfully  zig-zagged through the entire trap corridor so it could go eat my corn crops  :o

[attachment deleted due to age]

MineTortoise:
HELLO!

East

[Start]

I wanted to make a more detailed report. In order to do this, I saved the save file of every raid from start to ending separately. And I recorded the number of raids, World Map events, wealth, and colonist number in Excel.

You can look at the number to find the save file for that raid. A total of 85 save files.

Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17j_7w4jNB0MwfIvSMiPUf3m1XbleG2MeD42M0kw2nLI/edit?usp=sharing

Savefile:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezmpkm3cxpmat2k/save%20file.zip?dl=0

[Game information]

-Cassandra
-Extreme
-The permade was on, but it was a mistake.
-mod uses numbers and allowtool, and ignoring it is not a problem.

[From the play experience]

- The devil strand has a flame resistance of 100%, but it does not get damaged and it does not prevent the burning. It is necessary to prevent burning.

-The temperature control ability of the armor is too low. It was so cold on this map that I could not test it. I do not want to put a cloth on my armor, but I want to use other leather. I want to wear armor that is strong against temperature by using hair. And get rid of the move to armor. Movement power does not greatly affect the combat but has a great effect on the actual working efficiency. I carry material to make something, go to sleep and eat. It really affects the movement very much. Caravan is also the same. If you want to wear armor, increase the strength of armor. Not a penalty.

https://i.imgur.com/L3W41ik.png
-I make a construction order with a shift when I make a grave. But it only has a square border and does not dig a grave. I would like to be made immediately if I order the construction of the grave as a shift.

-The repair was inconvenient compared to the last time. I wish I was an independent item like before.(maybe A15?) I think integration is sometimes a bad case. Separating as before is good in every way. The developer knows what they want to integrate into the construction, but there is a problem. Separation is a benefit for everyone. Newbies and Experts.

https://i.imgur.com/wVRK83D.png
-How can I save that dog? Give the animal a master first. Then turn on the follow while the master is drafted. I then draft the master. Then uncheck follow. The animal will eventually move to the assigned area immediately. What a stupid process! Return it to B18. When drafting a master, the animal immediately moved to the assigned area! This must be recovered to its previous state.

-Manhunter pack is strange to work. In response to the pawn that opens the door at a very distance (opposite the base), the animals attack the door close to them.

-I've seen patch notes that I use bedroll, but it would be nice to have something visible that I'm using while world map traveling. For example, the icons are in use.

-Silver is used for money. But it is too ugly. How about making more ingots? I do not like it anyway.

https://i.imgur.com/Bpr1ci7.png
-At 1.0, animals and human zones were integrated. It is a wrong decision. I set up areas to prevent dogs from accessing the drug room. I use drugs a lot and it is a necessary operation. Integration has made it more difficult to see. If not, let me see what I want to see check setting. It is an integrated decision that did not think about drugs.

-The latter game breakdown occurs too often. Especially, if you include automatic doors, heaters, etc., there are huge parts usage equipments. The event should give the minimum frequency of occurrence.

-I would like to have the aura event accumulate like a party event. Accumulate if you watch.

-Artwork is too lacking in material for sale. I tried to make and sell artworks with wood, but it was too hard to get the volume because it was too small number. Especially after the toxic fallout, it was hard to find trees in desperation. Even though it is a breal forest!

-I hope that the faction base's item renewal cycle is displayed in the town information.It is disappointing if you have difficulty moving and the village items have not changed.

-The outdoor stat was consumed very quickly. The penalty is big and really hard to keep.

-steel LMR is useless. It's too heavy to carry a murfalo, so it's hard to bring it. I know there are people who like it, but there is no real utility. 150kg = 300 steel. But the weight of mufalo is about 75kg. The transport pod is also inefficient. I want to ask how he uses it.

-The ammunition of the turret made it difficult to use the turret on a large number. Ammo consumption is high. But except for the sniper turret, I think it is an appropriate balance. Beyond the mid-game, the supply of steel is very scarce. It was very useful for the electric smelter to dissolve the slag. It was very interesting that the supply line diversified.

-There is very little I can do with 1 ~ 7 craft stat training. Keep making meaningless clothes. I would like to be able to do production training in more places.

-If there are a lot of enemies, there are cases where they steal weapons dropped when they die. The raid ends so easily.

https://i.imgur.com/8PXNA6c.png
-Trap spam is OP.

https://i.imgur.com/hEqluyS.png
-While the flash was hitting the melee, centipede made ranged attacks. I will try to reproduce the possibility more.

https://i.imgur.com/7He54s4.png
-The number UI in silver is hard to see.

https://i.imgur.com/lJQV1bU.png
-5 vs 10 . Why I do not get World Map events. You must fight in the plains. Without any help.

https://i.imgur.com/iUfpAuD.png
-Could I have a little steel? ambush. 1 vs 12 . I think there is a problem with the amount of ambush regardless of caravan size.

https://i.imgur.com/NADMbWA.png
-If you keep a lot of animals, UI is not good at present. The animal window UI should be improved.

-It is a pity that the friendly conversation has disappeared. I trained socializing. And tormented. The bad guy!

-The smoke belt is useful to the enemy, but it is difficult for the colonist to utilize. I hope it can be recharged.

Tynan

New build!

Of note in this build is the translation cleaner tool. This tool updates translation files and inserts the English data for reference. It'll make translating much, much simpler. Translators, please use it! It's on the main menu when a non-English language is selected.

Raw changelog is below. As always, the changelog is here for reference, but posts in this thread should please revolve around play experiences and ideally state the storyteller/difficulty and include screenshots of the "debug" history graphs.

Still lots to do!

---

Reduce death-on-downed chance.
Tune up quest rewards slightly.
Adjusted population/storyteller tunings.
Spear rework. Reduces its damage, gave it special armor penetration, recoded how stab damage interacts with internal organs (it no longer specifically targets organs unless you hit some external part that contains those organs). Adjusted mechanoid melee attack tools.
Fix: GrammarRequest.includesBare not cleared in Clear()
If non-English language is selected and GrammarResolver fails to resolve a text, we now try again with English rules.
Mechanoids now have some internal body parts and capacities to go with them.
Refined and condensed social ability-related stats.
Tuned health and coverage of some body parts.
Adjust probability of talk topics.
Scale down stone chunk art to 64 pixels.
Misc adjustments: -Reduced minimum adaptation factor. -Removed imprisoned mood debuff thought. -Rewrite armor rating description to be clearer. -Corpses deteriorate slower. -Overlapped watermill power 50% -> 30%. -Mortar min range now ends in .9 so the circle looks nicer. -Flak jacket now insulates like a cloth jacket. -Adjust prisoner resistance. -Adjust mental break chance per time. -Default auto rearm traps to on. -Rename Char ITab to Story.
Adjust animals' manhunter chances and speed.
Removed unnecessary SelectLanguage() from TranslationFilesCleaner.
Fixed minor translation files cleaner issue.
Enabled the "cleanup translation files" button.
Made NormalizedHandle() use white-listed characters instead of black-listed.
TranslationFilesCleaner now keeps comments in full-list injections.
TranslationFilesCleaner now also handles backstories.
Translation placeholders now use TODO symbol instead of an empty string.
Updated the "cleanup translation files" dialog text.
Fix: No missing def injections are detected if no injections of that def are defined.
TranslationFilesCleaner improvements - it now handles full-list injections correctly. Fixed some translation issues.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

5thHorseman

(note this is on the previous build so maybe my poor colonists would have fared better if I'd waited an hour to play)

Day 57, Winter just ended but the Volcanic winter made things really rough. I'm playing Cassandra Medium and so far have been barely making it in this desert 49.5 degrees north (randomly chosen, as were the colonists).

I've been scraping by waiting for the growing season. My colony is worth 24,000. Not sure how that stacks up but I think it's insanely low for nearing the end of year 1.

So I get a refugee being chased. No problem, right? At this level she'll have 1, maybe 2 people after her and they'll probably have knives or something.

Nope. 5 ranged, all normal. I don't remember exactly what they had but at least 2 were automatic weapons. My 5 (now 6) colonists had 3 ranged weapons between them, the 2 starter weapons and a pistol we picked up from a guy rotting in jail. So we lined up, gave Sugar a club (it was that or one of the 3 poor knives we'd gotten from earlier raids), and stood to defend our garbage little town.

We were decimated. By the time the bandits decided to pick up Sugar and run away, all but one of our colonists was downed.

I turned on Debug to check and my Adaptation is somewhere around lucky number 13. "Fun points" (whatever that is) was at 14 when the fight started and fell to 12.38 for the colony now that the raid is over. My own fun points dropped from about 1 to -38.

---
continued
---

While my one last colonist was dragging the 2nd of the 4 downed colonists to medical beds (I prioritized the two who were going to die last and gave up on the other 2 as too far gone) ANOTHER raid came in. This one only had one person, but that guy managed a strikingly great shot to my last colonist's LEFT MIDDLE TOE that took her down.

And that's it. Everybody's bleeding out and the lone raider is currently lighting my wind turbines on fire.

I guess that's what I get for playing on hardcore medium mode.