Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greep

This could just be randy, but the threat frequency has been a bit, uh, insane the last few months.

3rd decembary-manhunter pack
7th decembary-psychic ship
7th decembary-chased refugee (declined lol)
5th aprimay-MadEmus
9 thaprimay-psychic ship
10th aprimay- manhunter pack
10th aprimay- mad megascarabs
1th jugust- siege
3rd jugust- mechanoid drop pods

I'm not even at 60k wealth  ::)

Edit: lol.  this poor poor husky.

[attachment deleted due to age]
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Injured Muffalo

Finished my first 1.0 game today. Wasn't long, but here is what I have for the beginning. I tried NB, Randy rough.
---
- NB, interesting, but sloooooow. I play at 1x speed and although I didn't find it terribly hard (other than the fact we got killed, but it wasn't bad) I would avoid this mode in the future because it's just such a huge wait to get anything done. All this walk across the map for berries, walk across the map to harvest healroot, walk across the map to try to tame the alpaca again.

Not saying it's bad, but the start is just brutal to me due to the time factor.
---
- I did a caravan. I was surpised to learn that dirt, stone, and ancient asphalt roads are all exactly the same in passage time. For some reason I had assumed dirt roads offered the smallest movement bonus and asphalt was the fastest. It seems wrong that they are all the same.
---
- This may kill you, but the dark purple berries are hard to see. lol You don't want them red for the colorblind. Blue isn't too bad as it appears on the bush, but you should realize red is easier for people with normal vision to identify. The purple (harvested) berries are not good IMO. Maybe "mixed berries" would be easier to see, several colors? I repeat that a colorblind mode would better serve everyone's interest...
---
- There are these tables showing information about rooms like size and cleanliness. They never go away and are constantly floating over things. It is nice to see that information, but I would much rather it were presented some other way that didn't constantly occupy screen space. It's like seeing every guy's character sheet pop up if your cursor is over him.
---
- The mud textures are cool. Love it.
---
- Probably some ancient complaint, but it's annoying how you can't orient or predict the direction from which a horseshoe pin will be used.
---
- The distribution of camps on the world map was very good. I saw many good spots to settle, even though I always pick the first random selection. I move sometimes.
---
- Death; I don't understand why this is a letter, and I miss the death chord. I was disappointed to hear the "alert" sound in its place.
---
- Hard mode description: "an disciplined preparation..."
---
- I know this has been mentioned. Silver is hard to recognize. It has more than one form. I generally think that's a bad idea. Maybe if silver had the same shape as iron but a shining silver color? I get that you're trying to show elemental silver, and it's not working at all. The old silver icon may have been crude, but at least you could see what it was and I doubt anyone was complaining about it.
---

That is all I have right now. I will try to get a colony further along so I can see more combat and organizational stuff. Case in point, CRASHLANDED. Hehe.

Oh by the way, my colony died when my two people both got food poisoning and then a boar went crazy. One woman was too far from shelter and instead of fighting like I should have, I fled and got nothing in exchange for being gored. The other guy made an abortive retreat near some insect hive trap thing I made (door and wall near an insect hive, AI will presumably walk past the insects). Could have survived that, but I botched it and both colonists bled to death from pig tusk.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

Tynan

Quote from: Koek on July 21, 2018, 05:52:13 PM
Unfinished: The menu for crafting apparel needs to be updated for all the new leather types. It still shows the old menu.

What menu is this?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Can anyone post any savegame that's at least 50 days into the game?

seerdecker I'd love to see yours.

Something is wrong with the population adaptation system and I'm having trouble reproducing it. But it seems to be present in these saves so I'll see it if I can get a mature savegame. Thanks.

Tynan

@Injured Muffalo - You can turn off room stats, it's a toggle in the lower right of the screen. Must have turned it on by accident at some point.

Greep

Edit: ah savegame, nvm

1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Lanilor

Quote from: Tynan on July 21, 2018, 10:25:07 PM
@Injured Muffalo - You can turn off room stats, it's a toggle in the lower right of the screen. Must have turned it on by accident at some point.

Default hotkeys for that are [T] and [G]. Probably hit them by addident sometime.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5x9nq9w11ibn6c/The%20Desert%20Awoos.rws?dl=0
120+ days in, started 3 (?) patches ago.
(There are some mods but they do nothing with the save apart from a few added researches without content I was just experimenting with.)

Edit: I also noticed that the existing/old part of the graph changed after loading today. Looks "better" but still a long flat line on the pop adaption.

seerdecker

Here you go. I couldn't attach due to size limit (even zipped), so I uploaded to third party.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=96125600319983486276

treddy73

I recently updated to the build where indoorsman was removed or renamed?  My pawns that once had indoorsman now have some random trait.  If I reload the game, I get a different trait.

Is it your intent that indoorsman is just swapped for undergrounder?

rdshen

Quote from: Tynan on July 21, 2018, 10:19:20 PM
Can anyone post any savegame that's at least 50 days into the game?

seerdecker I'd love to see yours.

Something is wrong with the population adaptation system and I'm having trouble reproducing it. But it seems to be present in these saves so I'll see it if I can get a mature savegame. Thanks.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=75349776148248597678

Intentionally low population old enough save, rough

cactusmeat

Something odd I noticed, bedrooms with diagonal walls allow sculptures to count beauty to both bedrooms.

Edit: damn, i've been deleting my saves when the colony dies. I guess i'll play some more rimworld...

erdrik

Just finished my first two caravan runs.
Two rescues in a row both with relations to colonists.

First rescued my constructor's father who turned out to be a druggie and a cannibal. Upon return I let him recover, then banished him. -3 doesn't out do the +18 for the rescue of a family member.

As pappy man-eater was on his way out, the second rescue request came in. This time for my Doctor's mother. And this time surrounded by turrets. Though when I arrived there was a mortar. I don't know how I feel about that. I think turrets are distinct and different from mortars, so part of me was miffed there was not mention of it in the quest message. I killed the two defenders and made off with the Doc's Mom, 5 standing lamps, a full battery, and a mint condition assault rifle.

Im definitely gunna need to prepare better in the future though. Bare bones trips with just food and heal root can work but I get the feeling Im suppose to be bringing more supplies with me. :P

Tynan

Thanks for the saves, that's all I need for now.

bbqftw

One QoL thing that would be helpful is not defaulting prisoner feeding to the best available meal.

I even set a stockpile of meals in the prisoner room, but of course the warden must walk halfway across base to feed them the best available meals.

Its also extremely frustrating manually dealing with prisoner sleep cycle desyncing from the warden. Now that recruitment speed was reduced by 2.5x every bit of efficiency needs to be squeezed from the process - possible to allow prioritizing a recruit attempt over warden sleep?

mndfreeze

Quote from: bbqftw on July 22, 2018, 12:16:02 AM
One QoL thing that would be helpful is not defaulting prisoner feeding to the best available meal.

I even set a stockpile of meals in the prisoner room, but of course the warden must walk halfway across base to feed them the best available meals.

Option selection would be best, IMO, since mood quality matters now.  Getting patched and released? regular foods, recruited? have some delectable deliciousness!