Quote from: Greep on July 31, 2018, 03:08:27 PM
Storyteller: Randy, rich explorer
Difficulty: Merciless
Biome/hilliness: Sea Ice
Commitment mode: Yes
Current colony age (days): ~140 days
Hours played in the last 2 days: ~10
Complete mod list: vanilla

To get any real challenge from sea ice you have to increase your wealth and colonists. Solo games are not a viable gamemode anymore. When picking a colonists for sea ice you really have to have one with 5 construction, good plants and intelligence. Otherwise you don't get your colony off the ground. I'm 60 days in on my sea ice playthrough and I have 6 hydroponics bays, 4 turbines, 2 colonists, and 2 bedrooms built.

Greep is right though, there is very little challenge in this game if you keep your wealth and pawn count down, even on merciless. I remember in A17 I used to get mechanoids with just 1 pawn. In my 3 games so far I've yet to see a mechanoid event.

Dargaron

Don't have any decent colony stories on the new build(s) yet, but while graphics are being reworked, I thought I'd mention something.

A group of travelers left a Shield Belt at my newly-founded colony, and a while later, my Mom walked by and asked why I had a bra in storage.

Mortification aside ("I swear, I don't have any of those mods!"), what are the two circles on the Shield Belt supposed to represent? Are they a power pack? Some kind of dish/emitter? An awkwardly-large buckle? Because now I can't unsee the Shield Belt as a bra.

Koek

Quote from: Dargaron on July 31, 2018, 06:05:32 PM
Because now I can't unsee the Shield Belt as a bra.

Well shit. Thanks...

Syrchalis

Always felt like those is were the energy is stored and the shield is generated. You know, a bit like a tool belt or the gadget belts of some characters like... BATMAN.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Bowman

Very specific feedback on the man in black. I started a naked brutality run on cassandra merciless, and I had 2 escape pods come down before the first raid. Still I got my butt kicked by the first lonely raider, and my lone guy walked around bleeding in a daze. He passed out after patching himself up mostly and I thought I had it under control... Then the man in black came and the recovery became trivial. That kind of killed my interest since it felt like... mercy? Not what I wanted from merciless...

I would suggest the man in black to be disabled for rough and higher. If you go for that, then you should know what you're getting into.

Jumper

Quote from: Bowman on July 31, 2018, 06:39:11 PM
Very specific feedback on the man in black. I started a naked brutality run on cassandra merciless, and I had 2 escape pods come down before the first raid. Still I got my butt kicked by the first lonely raider, and my lone guy walked around bleeding in a daze. He passed out after patching himself up mostly and I thought I had it under control... Then the man in black came and the recovery became trivial. That kind of killed my interest since it felt like... mercy? Not what I wanted from merciless...

I would suggest the man in black to be disabled for rough and higher. If you go for that, then you should know what you're getting into.

+1 completely agree. rough and above should be a challenge. The man in black though a cool idea is just a bit story breaking for me. the struggle in the game is the fun for me, this person turning up feels a bit out of place. I/We crash land or similar on a planet, things go fine or badly is the story. having a fairy god mother turn up just when things are bad seems out of place. some stranger just wanders by at that point, and on a hostile planet just wants to help because why not.
this just seems to be a pandering to the people that want the game to have training wheels so they cant go wrong. like having the guard rails up at bowling.

rizurper

Storyteller: Phoebe
Difficulty: Merciless
Biome/hilliness: Tundra, flat
Commitment mode: Yes
Current colony age (days): 16 days
Hours played in the last 2 days: 2
No mod.

Just started naked brutallity scenario. So I opened the ancient danger supposedly to get some protection from bugs.
First few days I've been struggling with food since my guy has very low on cooking and plant skill. Got poisoned by berry several times, apparently he picked a dangerous one.
Got "Wild woman wanders in" event. But I ignored it because the handling skill was below the requirement.
Wanderer joined, nice. But he can't do violence stuff, although he was good at cooking. Finally, some real food.
The hives getting bigger and bigger. That wild woman looks happy with those bugs around, she ate their jellies, and sleep with them.

Fall begun, and the world getting colder. I noticed that wild woman downed due to hypotermia. So I rescued her to my humble shed. Moment later she woke up and joined the colony! I pathced her up, and started to make additional bedroom.

Raid arrived. One guy. But he decided to attack those bugs. No hope. But those bugs now turned their anger to colony. They wiped out everything. All downed.
Then got stranger in black. However, I just banished him, because he would've be like "Wait, an army of bugs? I'm outa here".

The End.

Madman666

Yep, insect behavior is still as broken as ever. Something hurts them - they go for you.

Ruisuki

Tynan any plans to isolate colony features to specific colonies? Ideally Id like it so not all of my colonists in separate colonies suffer negative mood when one colony harvests a prisoner but I can see why you would as it might be too easy to game the system. But if thats not in the cards is there a way to prevent actions of other colonists from appearing in artwork. Slightly immersion breaking that they would know the intimate details of Kimmy and her rabbit from half the world away. Maybe an action for pawns to 'move in/move' as an official colonist to that settlement to prevent that at least?

Greep

Well sea ice is starting to ramp up a lot since I let my wealth get a bit too high.  But man these sniper turrets just wreck everything in an open fort.  Best uranium meteor ever.  Didn't even get in range of the second one.

[attachment deleted due to age]
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Copperwire

Corpses, including humans, and mechanoids, now have a wealth value.  You can't see it in the info tab for an item, but you can see it in pods and caravan.

You can't sell them to towns or traders.  Not sure which of the "no list" updates that was but .... it happened.

Steel slag still has no value.

It is impacting colony wealth - checked a few old saves.

Example:

Deer Corpse: (135s)

Butchered:
30 Plain Leather (63s)
79 Meat (158s)

shentino

My colonist died from heatstroke because I couldn't get AC set up.

cactusmeat

Quote from: shentino on July 31, 2018, 11:08:55 PM
My colonist died from heatstroke because I couldn't get AC set up.
passive coolers don't require research now so unless you're playing on sea ice or extreme desert that was kinda your fault then

Copperwire

Items, including corpses, show up in caravan/pod loading view if they are either in your home zone or in a stockpile.

Items seem to show up in colony wealth if they are on the map and not in the inventory of a living NPC.

Unless I am missing something, that means pod dropped items should become wealth as soon as they land.  Anyone tested that?  If so, the jade that drops that I have been ignoring because I have no use for it and it just takes up storage and worker time to go get it is actually a harmful blob of wealth I should be disarming.

Now that corpses have wealth value, that may mean that the animals killed but not fully consumed by predators/etc show up as wealth, at least until they rot (rotten corpses do not have wealth value).

bbqftw

Quote from: Copperwire on July 31, 2018, 09:48:44 PM
Corpses, including humans, and mechanoids, now have a wealth value.  You can't see it in the info tab for an item, but you can see it in pods and caravan.

You can't sell them to towns or traders.  Not sure which of the "no list" updates that was but .... it happened.

Steel slag still has no value.

It is impacting colony wealth - checked a few old saves.

Example:

Deer Corpse: (135s)

Butchered:
30 Plain Leather (63s)
79 Meat (158s)

good info to know :)