Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greep

Regarding xeo's notes on transport pods:

Colonists also will not gather in the area to load a transport pod!  So if you're doing an LRMS site and you have a whole buttload of single components lying around, they will go to each component, and then load that individual component to the pod.  Right now the only way to do transport pod loading is making a stockpile for them like old school caravans and then loading them.
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

weatherdown

Quote from: CakeOrDeath on August 01, 2018, 05:18:57 PM
Quote from: jchavezriva on August 01, 2018, 03:43:40 PM
My colonist with broken pelvis always stays alone in the hospital. I wont be able to move her to her room without destroying all medical beds.

Could you configure it so that incapacitated colonists stay on their room? That would make more sense, specially if they have a partner there.

Can you try undesignating all other hospital beds and then uninstalling the one she's on? Then make sure she is assigned to where you want her and they should take her there. Then you can re designate the other hospital beds and reinstall the one she was on. Hopefully they won't take her back there.

I had this in my current game with a guy with a shattered spine. I just undesignated all the hospital beds except the one I wanted him in and then re-designated after. No need to uninstall, just make it a regular bed and then you'll have to "Rescue" that person again. (My guy now has a shinny new Bionic Spine and can move around again)

Regular beds can be assigned (as can prison beds i believe, not in game to check), perhaps an option to reassign medical beds, and then have the doctor move someone if they are unable to walk?

Teleblaster18

Game note regarding infestations:

I just had a fairly large infestation (40+, including 27 Megaspiders) show up in my base due to exactly 8 underground tiles, shown below:

I've never, ever encountered this sort of overkill for 8 underground tiles - the equivalent of a 2x4 tile room- in any game that I've yet played.  It's so egregious that I would consider this to be a bug (absolutely no pun intended).

I hope that this is remedied ASAP.  Having 8 underground tiles which are all essentially on one straight line on the perimeter of a mountain spawning this size of an infestation should never happen.  Further inside a mountain, in an actual 2x4' room, I would expect a proportionate infestation to the size of the room.  This is as game-y as it gets.

Greep

Basically the way infestations work, if there's any valid spots on the entire map, they all go in those spots with some weighting.  Currently for a spot to be valid, there's the parts everyone knows, and then there's the weird one:  Instead of checking a tile for how many mined nearby overhead mountain tiles there are, it instead checks "mountainousness".  Where mountainousness is how many unmined rock spots are in the surrounding 700 spaces of that tile, with mined spots overhead mountains counting for half.  If that value is > 17%, it's valid.

The short of it is, if your patch of rocks is anything bigger than about 10x10, you're going to have a full on infestation if there's more than a handful of overhead mountain spots.  And you will have none if it's a very small hill.

MineTortoise:
HELLO!

Crow_T

Quote from: Teleblaster18 on August 01, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

I just had a fairly large infestation (40+, including 27 Megaspiders) show up in my base due to exactly 8 underground tiles, shown below:
I hope that this is remedied ASAP.  Having 8 underground tiles which are all essentially on one straight line on the perimeter of a mountain should never happen.  Further inside a mountain, I would expect a proportionate infestation.  This is as game-y as it gets.
I'm not sure how useful this feedback is without any settings info or graphs- there are a ton of posts in this thread about difficulty that don't give the proper frame of reference, they can be misleading.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Mirador

Quote from: jchavezriva on August 01, 2018, 04:06:56 PM
Storyteller: Randy
Difficulty: The one that used to be the second one to the last one (cant keep track of its ever changing name, sorry!)
Biome/hilliness: Mountanious boreal forest
Commitment mode: Yes, with shameless alt+f4 savescumming
Current colony age (days): 330+
Hours played in the last 2 days: 7 aprox
Complete mod list: None

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed a really weird bug.

I get notifications of people getting the Flu, and those people are not my colonists.

I checked in a visiting caravan and couldnt see them either. "Jump to location" button was disabled. Has happened twice in last update.

Storyteller: Randy Random
Scenario: Tribe
Difficulty: Medium
Biome/hilliness: Temperate forest / Flat
Commitment mode: Yes
Hours played in the last 2 days: 20+
Complete mod list: Greenworld, Numbers, Incident Person Stat, Wall Light, Simple Bulk Cooking,
Small Shelf, OgreStack, Simply More Bridge, More Faction Interaction, RimFridge, Allow Tools, No Forced Slowdown & Deep Ore Identifier
Game versions: 1980 - 1982

Exactly the same thing happen to me. A defector named Harrell got sick twice in my game since last update.

I have no idea who or where he is. Not a colonist or prisoner.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Teleblaster18

Quote from: Greep on August 01, 2018, 08:19:31 PM
Basically the way infestations work, if there's any valid spots on the entire map, they all go in those spots with some weighting.  Currently for a spot to be valid, there's the parts everyone knows, and then there's the weird one:  Instead of checking a tile for how many nearby overhead mountains, it instead checks "mountainousness".  Where mountainousness is how many unmined rock spots are in the surrounding 700 spaces of that tile, with mined spots overhead mountains counting for half.  If that value is > 17%, it's valid.

The short of it is, if your patch of rocks is anything bigger than about 10x10, you're going to have a full on infestation if there's more than a handful of overhead mountain spots.  And you will have none if it's a very small hill.

Thanks for the explanation.  It sounds like I've just discovered a scenario which is begging for that formula to get a re-work.

This is two firsts for me:  I'm actually a bit heated, and I just used God Mode for the very first time ever to seal up those 8 tiles with Granite Walls.

Teleblaster18

Quote from: Crow_T on August 01, 2018, 08:25:19 PM
Quote from: Teleblaster18 on August 01, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

I hope that this is remedied ASAP.  Having 8 underground tiles which are all essentially on one straight line on the perimeter of a mountain should never happen.  Further inside a mountain, I would expect a proportionate infestation.  This is as game-y as it gets.
I'm not sure how useful this feedback is without any settings info or graphs- there are a ton of posts in this thread about difficulty that don't give the proper frame of reference, they can be misleading.

I've posted my settings in every end-of-day update, but I'll do so again:

Storyteller: Cassandra Classic
Difficulty: Rough
Biome/hilliness:  Temperate Forest (Permanent Summer) - Flat
Commitment mode: No
Current colony age: 420 days

Point being: this feedback is valid on any difficulty level.  A 40+ strong infestation would not spawn, on any difficulty, in an equivalent 8-tile room measuring 2 squares by 4 squares.  Ever.

Greep

Yeah it's been a weird point of the infestation formula for a long time.  If infestations are just a counter for mountain turtling, unmined spots should count for 0, mined overhead mountains count for 1, and maybe a bump to the percentage like 17->60.  If infestations are more for realism, I guess the valid spots on the map should be totaled and the hives should be limited by valid spots * 10 or something.

MineTortoise:
HELLO!

Dargaron

So, I might've missed some updates, but was the Infection notification changed somehow? I'm not getting any indication when my pawns develop an infection until they're at the point of a "Medical Emergency." This is happening both for prisoners and colonists.

BlueMarble007

Storyteller: Cassandra Classic
Difficulty: Rough
Biome/hilliness:  Tropical Forest (Permanent Summer) - Flat
Commitment mode: Yes
Current colony age: 208 days

Bug report/observed behaviour: 'auto-haul' (pawns hauling items when going to a different task) ignore restricted zone.

Greep

Weird siege event:  Siegers begin assaulting the colony immediately after a trivial wound to one dude.  This happened while they were doing setup, immediatey after drop pods of their resources came down.

MineTortoise:
HELLO!

acab1312

Storyteller: Randy Random
Difficulty: Medium
Scenario: Crashlanded
Biome/hilliness: Arid Shrubland (permanent summer, 54F to 102F)/ Small hills (with river)
Commitment mode: No (although self-enforced)
Current colony age: 48 days
Hours played in last 2 days: unsure, a lot though (unable to do much due to removal of all 4 wisdom teeth)

Seems I found a bug. One of my colonists (original 3  :'( ) was the unlucky victim of a pump shotgun shot to the brain, killing her instantly. The following day I made a slate sarcophagus and put her corpse inside it. Here's the bug: Instead of the sarcophagus saying who is inside , it instead only says "Human corpse". Not only that, but my colonists did not get the positive thought from burying a dead colonist in a sarcophagus.

Dashthechinchilla

Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on July 31, 2018, 03:34:20 PM
Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on July 29, 2018, 04:04:41 PM
Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on July 28, 2018, 12:15:26 PM
Randy rough tribal
Temperate 50/60 small hills
Permadeath
First summer, I restarted when I got errors on my last save
5 to 10 hours played
Hugs lib, skylights, memorable aurora, Infestation disabled
*snip*

I am working on an Prisoner rescue. .75 days away with a relationship. Mostly I am going because there are 3 turrets only and I want to see if I can steal them. I can't recall how heavy they are in 1.0.
I wanted to give a detailed account of this part. I forgot to get a screen shot, excitement of the moment.

I sent two tribals with sniper rifles who were decent shots. One was the middle aged nephew of the 17 year old uncle relationship. Gonna have to talk to his parents about that... I also sent three muffl's to haul, though the self tamed one had a bad back.

Map:
My colonists arrived on the temperate mountainous event map in the bottom left corner. The whole top 1/3 of the map was rock. The base was in the middle. The rest of the map had large rock outcroppings. The prisoner building was wood.

The Encounter:
The box said it was three turrets. It was actually two turrets, and two pirates and a mortar with incendiary shells. The top turret was completely useless. Not only did it face the rock wall a short distance away, but the rest of the exposure was obscured by the prisoner building. The other turret was in the bottom right of the base. It blocked me from accessing that side because its max range butted up against a rock that stretched to the map edge. The mortar was positioned on the same side of the base that I entered the map from. The pirate manning it wore a flak jacket and had molotovs. The other was wearing a shield belt and had a spear.

Combat:
I made sure the muffl's were assigned to a colonist so they would follow me, knowing the sniper weapon would be bad against spear guy and his shield. I moved my colonists near the mortar guy thanks to a small inlet in the rock there. I then realized that I was now too close for him to fire, though he refused to abandon his position. I began to fire on him, which triggered spear guy to come help (he was in the opposite corner of the base at the time). He got close enough and decided to attack the Muffl's. They made short work of him, and all he did was bruise them with the spear. Then I put holes in mortar guy with no resistance, he just stood there. My guys still had some food/rest left in them, so I went to work on the turrets. I used my range advantage to take out the batteries so I could claim them. The steel turrets were 10kg, and the mortar was 30kg so I was able to carry it home. I forgot to check the solar panels before I dissembled them to see if I could uninstall them.

A note on the prisoner I rescued. He was a coma child so I already knew he wasn't going to be good. Still, I wasn't really there for him anyways. In the end it works out. He only has a 1 for plants, but he has a passion. My existing planters are also my best cooks, so now I have a dedicated planter to share the work so they can cook.

Toast

It seems that pawns, both human and animal, who are not members of your colony no longer get descriptions of their current activity (e.g. "attacking Joe Blow," "consuming all your goddamn healroot"). I don't know if this is intended or not, but I hate it. I want to know whether a running animal is trying to eat something of mine so I can shut the door, or whether a raider is about to path into a trap due to his target so I can focus fire on someone else.

Also I noticed my pawns can walk freely over lamps now. Great change, especially since new Darkness debuff means I have to plaster the hallways with the suckers.