Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdalt40

Hey Tynan, just noticed this while scrolling through your core XML trying to figure out why Humans below the age of 14 don't have the correct draw size, bodyGraphicData is only useable in PawnKindDefs. This doesn't impact much in the case of races that have a single PawnKindDef, but is incredibly tedious for races that have multiple PawnKindDefs (for example, Humans). I've noticed that this is incredibly problematic as Humans don't have a dynamic draw size due to this, so a Human at the age of 0 will be the same DrawSize as an adult.

I know this is going to impact a tonne of modders, but it will be incredibly useful for modders in the future. Are you able to change it so the drawSize is definable in LifeStageAges instead of LifeStages? Pwetty pwease? <3

Dashthechinchilla

Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on August 01, 2018, 10:50:07 PM
Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on July 31, 2018, 03:34:20 PM
Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on July 29, 2018, 04:04:41 PM
Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on July 28, 2018, 12:15:26 PM
Randy rough tribal
Temperate 50/60 small hills
Permadeath
First summer, I restarted when I got errors on my last save
5 to 10 hours played
Hugs lib, skylights, memorable aurora, Infestation disabled, mineral identify
*snip*

I am almost ready to launch the ship so an update before I forget it all.

I have added the mineral identify mod now that I have the underground radar. It is more of a convenience mod since it allows you to mouse over the minerals to find what they are.

I have lost two colonists since the last update leaving me at 16. I lost my best tailor in a lancer raid when they got caught outside nearby. The second I lost in one of the many fights my abrasive has started, beaten to death.

I allotted 18 spaces on the ship for colonists, so I can take more. I have only been getting chased refugees, and I won't take them anymore. For example, the last one was a 33 year old rancher. They were being chased by about 51 ish pirates! By comparison the pirate raid last season was about 30 to 40. It just isn't worth it to take on that risk for one tribal.

My miner is an animal handler. I have to space out big dig jobs because I have the pets set to follow, and they will do so until they starve to death. I won't disable follow, because mining is what my tailor was doing when they were caught outside. The other issue is the pets won't eat when they get back. If they need rest they will go to bed. Then when they wake up they go into a wander before finally looking for food. All this tends to result in miscarriage.

The tailor was married. Cantreque is finally stable, but as his negative moods ended I had a poison ship that required his medical help. He ran out of positive moods leaving him with some small negative ones. His break went catatonic. He woke up a few days later and went into a murderous rage a third of the way to the dining room. Then berserk when I attempted arrest.

I appreciate the reduced component cost of the ship. The plasteel is a struggle on my map. I have enough steel to rebuild my whole base with it, but the only plasteel is underground. I just have the one miner left. I have stuck with flack and I have only done essential bionic replacement because of it. I tend to skip leg armor, so mostly bionic legs.

I like the animal balance. My main handler got brain damage from grenades thrown by drop pod raiders. Now that the pack is larger, I have to keep my handlers busy. I enabled the less talented ones to train doggo's.

Manhunter packs turn into hunting parties for my predator pets. I rescue useful ones, like a recent pack of wargs. If they don't join fast enough, my pets eat them while they are downed.

bbqftw

Quick note - released guests walk really slow. I checked their movement speed in information tab and they are moving like 3x slower than they should be

Dashthechinchilla

Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on August 11, 2018, 11:50:59 AM
Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on August 01, 2018, 10:50:07 PM
Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on July 31, 2018, 03:34:20 PM
Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on July 29, 2018, 04:04:41 PM
Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on July 28, 2018, 12:15:26 PM
Randy rough tribal
Temperate 50/60 small hills
Permadeath
First summer, I restarted when I got errors on my last save
5 to 10 hours played
Hugs lib, skylights, memorable aurora, Infestation disabled, mineral identify
*snip*

The reactor sequence was probably the most intense Rimworld experience I have had. There was 1 to 2 raids about every day. Started off with Pirates and ended with Mechanoids. In the end, my colonists were so busy trying to recover that there was no time to repair, cook, or clean. the result was constant major breaks of every type. I also got Gut worms on day 10. Every one of my dead colonist were dug up on corpse obsession, murderous rage, and three people gave up and left my colony (one came back, but it was a brain damaged one). My chemical interests were all addicted to stuff the pirates dropped by the time the reactor powered up thanks to binges. The majority of my colony animals were dead, and my defenses were shattered. People were regularly breaking in the middle of combat. I had to build a zone in the middle of nowhere to keep all the weapons and bodies, and my colonists couldn't even manage to break down any of the scythers. By the last day, the last raid was just three lancers because of my wealth drop. The last of my doggo's took them out. The capable pawns took the crippled and catatonic ones to the ship.

One thing I began noticing mid to late game is that weapons do a lot more damage to wall in 1.0. After a while, you replace large sections after every fight.  I also had issues with the corpse obessions. The colonists wouldn't haul them back to their assigned crypt, just to my body zone. It was set to critical. 

I made it out with 13 counting a new recruit during the coutdown, 4 dead, and 2 left the colony.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tynan

Quote from: Razzoriel on August 10, 2018, 12:19:10 PM
Is anyone having a lot of corrupted saves? This is the third save I have corrupted because of shenanigans. Makes Commitment Mode kind of moot.

I'm very interested if anyone can post any information about a corrupted save bug. How to reproduce it, logs, saves, etc. Ideally in the bugs forum. These kinds of bugs suck.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Canute

But don't forget corrupted savegames with mod's don't count.
It is mosttimes the mod vault.

tarator

In this version I often get Mechanoid drops inside my base and by the time I can kill them they've already destroyed a few things. The auto rebuild feature is great for this, but I make a very extensive use of shelves and it doesn't restore the storage settings!

Oh, I just had a terrible realization about settings. If they ever destroy the machining or tailoring table I'd ragequit for a week.

5thHorseman

Quote from: tarator on August 12, 2018, 10:29:15 AM
In this version I often get Mechanoid drops inside my base and by the time I can kill them they've already destroyed a few things. The auto rebuild feature is great for this, but I make a very extensive use of shelves and it doesn't restore the storage settings!

Also, when they break the doors and walls to get out of the bedrooms they inevitably crash into, auto rebuild doesn't trigger for that.

Same goes for raiders who give up attacking and run in literally the stupidest direction to attack a door INTO MY BASE to "get away."
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Firestonezz

Quote from: Canute on August 12, 2018, 09:53:20 AM
But don't forget corrupted savegames with mod's don't count.
It is mosttimes the mod vault.

This. I haven't had a single corrupted save while playing vanilla. The vast majority of "bug reports" I read (usually on other websites) are modded games.

xion1088

Any ETA for the next Unstable Build update? I don't want to play yet since map ruins seem to be counting towards colony wealth since day 0, an example was my Naked Brutality start, as soon as my guy landed I checked the wealth graph and it was already at 26K, before the game was moved back to B1.9 I played a Naked Brutality game and the first days I was barely having 200 - 400 wealth with a few berries and some wood.

Dashthechinchilla

Quote from: tarator on August 12, 2018, 10:29:15 AM

Oh, I just had a terrible realization about settings. If they ever destroy the machining or tailoring table I'd ragequit for a week.
I had it happen. They dropped into my workshop. There are some mods I am looking at, but I try to take it as an opportunity to clear out old jobs from the queue.

zymex

am i just retarded?

in test version, every time i start new game with, crashland, rich explore they never land, tried 10-20 games now, both 64bit and other one.
i can do naked brutality? but why is that the only one working (havent tried lost tribe)

erdrik

Im a few days into my next run, and I noticed that one of my colonists has "serious pain" from a scratch scar on their left arm. I shrugged and put it to the back of my head as something I would have to try and fix later when I had the resources to do so. The -10 mood is going to be a pain but I could handle it.
I also decided to double check the health of the other colonists to see if there was anything else Id have to keep an eye on. Thats when I noticed another colonist with a scar on their right leg. I noticed some odd inconsistencies:

Scratch Scar, Left Arm:

• hp: 24/ 30
  • scratch scar: 6
  • efficiency: 78%
  • pain: 19%
  • Colonist Traits:
    • Great Memory
    • Tough
    • Pretty

Bite Scar, Right Leg:

• hp: 24/ 30
  • bite scar: 6
  • efficiency: 78%
  • pain: 1%
  • Colonist Traits:
    • Undergrounder
    • Bloodlust

Both scars are the same amount of damage and the same amount of efficiency loss, but impart a very different amount of pain. Im not complaining about the pain difference, because I like having to deal with those kinds of differences, but I feel there is a lack of obvious feedback on why there is a pain difference.
Does a scratch somehow impart more pain than a bite? and if so why? I would imagine it would be the opposite...
or is something not mentioned in the traits affecting it?
or is the amount of pain imparted just completely random? if so, shouldn't that randomness be reflected in the damage score of the scar?

I can see new players being confused by this and developing the belief that the health display is unreliable...

5thHorseman

Quote from: xion1088 on August 12, 2018, 12:56:00 PM
Any ETA for the next Unstable Build update? I don't want to play yet since map ruins seem to be counting towards colony wealth since day 0, an example was my Naked Brutality start, as soon as my guy landed I checked the wealth graph and it was already at 26K, before the game was moved back to B1.9 I played a Naked Brutality game and the first days I was barely having 200 - 400 wealth with a few berries and some wood.

How did that start affect your game? Was it too hard or did they take that into account and scale down difficulty a bit to account for those early game floors?

That's why it happens by the way. Floors count toward wealth now and there's no "taking ownership" of a floor, like you can for walls and doors. So, you own the floors the moment you drop onto the map.

There's no guarantee that this will be "fixed" as there's no guarantee they consider it broken.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Kalre

Its the ability for Guests to self tend their wounds intended ? Makes kinda hard tending them when they have infections and what not, they start tending the momment tending is available not to mention they to it very poorly.