Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyhuhn

the trait sickly gives +4 medicine is this working as intended?

the changelog is just this:
Quote--Sickly - get sick often

Tynan

Quote from: mightyhuhn on June 17, 2018, 08:21:09 AM
the trait sickly gives +4 medicine is this working as intended?

the changelog is just this:
Quote--Sickly - get sick often

Intended, it's counterbalancing and we like to think that being sick your whole life would teach you a bit about sickness.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

TastyCookies

Quote from: Almantuxas on June 17, 2018, 05:10:06 AM
Just got my hands on 1.0 unstable (x64 executable), and the game is already sending errors.
EDIT: more errors (hurray!).
EDIT #2: and the errors don't stop coming and they don't stop coming, filling my output log with alot of nonsense.
Wait, does that mean RimWorld is now 64-bit? :D

MisterVertigo

I can't wait to try these changes out!

I was thinking a while back you had posted about making changes to how grass is spread. Were any changes/adjustments made to that process?

Thanks!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Tynan

Quote from: MisterVertigo on June 17, 2018, 09:27:05 AM

I was thinking a while back you had posted about making changes to how grass is spread. Were any changes/adjustments made to that process?

Thanks!

Oh yeah, ison completely redid it. So it covers the map all at once now and regrowth looks the same as initial growth.

Didn't I mention that? I will, it's a big deal.

kosh401

Quote from: Tynan on June 17, 2018, 09:29:37 AM
Quote from: MisterVertigo on June 17, 2018, 09:27:05 AM

Thanks!

Oh yeah, ison completely redid it. So it covers the map all at once now and regrowth looks the same as initial growth.

Excellent! I kept hoping to see this mentioned along with adjustments made to trees and crops. Looking forward to testing all the things!

Yoshida Keiji

Tynan

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on June 17, 2018, 09:53:52 AM
What is this exactly?

Deny if you want, or not. The only networking RW does is the main menu version check.

Nothing changed on this since last build.

UnlimitedHugs

Cheers for the early testing invite.
Is the new MapLeakTracker working properly? Calling MapLeakTracker.ForceLeakCheck() always reports a leaked map after starting a new game, then returning to the main menu.
I just load a very simple mod to make the call, no other changes to the game.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Renatus

God I wasn't sure how much longer I could endure the wait for this, but after seeing all the amazing changes.... mein gott, its a beautiful update.

Yoshida Keiji

Quicky:

Started my first plantation and the drop down list is chaotic, sort "Alphabetically" please, but separate per minimum skill requirement, this means I prefer to see no skill needed sorted on top and then gradually list below based on skill number but again, alphabetically too.

Ser Kitteh

Tynan, if it's not too much of a hassle, in the scenario editor (and maybe the devmode), can certain things be alphabetically categorised?

Kirby23590

Is there a work tab that adds that splits construction and repair?

It's nice to split people who repair and people who build things since raids or other events that damages structures. colonists prioritize repair rather than constructing a missing or fixing a hole in the wall.

Just a suggestion that i ran around and found from the Suggestions fourms. ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

PatrykSzczescie

I've been reading the whole Tynan post and haven't found about the issue where hurt animals are fed with the best meals.

Also
Quote from: Tynan on June 16, 2018, 11:11:23 PM-No more faction relations impact if a friendly person is caught in crossfire when firing at a mutually hostile target
Doesn't it look abusable as some people may intentionally shoot through allies?

animagus_kitty

Quote from: Kirby23590 on June 17, 2018, 10:32:43 AM

Is there a work tab that adds that splits construction and repair?

It's nice to split people who repair and people who build things since raids or other events that damages structures. colonists prioritize repair rather than constructing a missing or fixing a hole in the wall.

Just a suggestion that i ran around and found from the Suggestions fourms. ;)

I'm out of the loop, sure, but I think I remember Fluffy's(?) Work Tab doing that. Splitting all categories by individual task, and then you could assign some to have higher 'construction' and some t have a higher priority 'repair' task.

If Tynan&Co don't do something about it.