Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rulin

Quote from: Lech on June 19, 2018, 02:07:52 AM
I saw that monkeys have advanced trainability, but can't haul. Could we get another line, that would tell us about usefulness of animal, instead of it's intelligence? And still can't set all pawns to area 1 with one click.

That reminds me of a scene from hangover: https://youtu.be/pHhF3pAtC9M?t=49s

XeoNovaDan

It seems odd that wood has a better blunt resistance and heat resistance than steel. Last time I checked, metal is better against fire than something that's clearly flammable.

Ser Kitteh

I see a new patch has come out. Wished I said this bit earlier:

When placing a blueprint for a sunlamp, it would be nice to see the outline of the light. I'm designing a hydroponics room while pausing and it's an equal annoyance to not remember the light outline.

EDIT: Also should mention, colonists hang around campfires that are dead. Whether that's a bug or not, well you do you Tynan.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on June 19, 2018, 11:36:20 AM
I see a new patch has come out. Wished I said this bit earlier:

When placing a blueprint for a sunlamp, it would be nice to see the outline of the light. I'm designing a hydroponics room while pausing and it's an equal annoyance to not remember the light outline.

Great tool (originally by Zhentar, now Rock5 has most recently updated it for B18, hopefully 1.0 soon!): https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37177.msg382006#msg382006

Would love to see somthing like that in vanilla, but hey as long as the mod sticks around... all good!

mekukutut

What makes me sad is that the scenario editor didn't learn the alphabet even in version 1.0!
Makes it always a bit annoying to search for the Single Animal Insanity incident which I hate and always disable.

Alenerel

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on June 19, 2018, 11:18:32 AM
It seems odd that wood has a better blunt resistance and heat resistance than steel. Last time I checked, metal is better against fire than something that's clearly flammable.

Heat resistance is how much heat it transfers, and wood is a very good insulator. What you mean is flammability.

Vito1189

Anybody knows when would we play on stable version?
Call me Clap

Ulvaar

Excellent update on the whole, enjoying the rebalace!

Funny little bug I just encountered: wanted to try out the new randomize button for colony names, got a random name that I wanted to keep, but was too long:

https://imgur.com/Yl3dHNJ

'Fraid I didn't check exactly how long it was before clicking away - a limit to the name generator will probably do the trick.

Lech

I can double click wild berries to select them all on the screen, could I do the same with wild healroots, please?

Nightinggale

Quote from: ZorbaTHut on June 18, 2018, 02:27:48 PM
Quote from: Nightinggale on June 17, 2018, 03:25:19 PM
Obvious solution: Move the loop to a new method.

Done. I've actually function-ized a lot of things in that function, both for readability reasons and for modability reasons. Let me know if this doesn't do the job, but I think it will.
While I haven't actually coded anything yet, I see no reason why I would be prevented from doing anything I plan to do. In fact the current build appears to offer the most modder friendly design of LoadAllActiveMods() ever provided by RimWorld. Great job.

Quote from: Ulvaar on June 19, 2018, 12:49:38 PM

Funny little bug I just encountered: wanted to try out the new randomize button for colony names, got a random name that I wanted to keep, but was too long:

'Fraid I didn't check exactly how long it was before clicking away - a limit to the name generator will probably do the trick.
This really should be in the bug report subforum. Apart from that, remember if touching the limit to the colony name, that name is the default name for savegames. It would be nice if the limit to savegame names is longer than colony names, allowing suffixes to your savegame names without deleting from the colony name.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Nightinggale on June 19, 2018, 01:22:38 PM
Quote from: Ulvaar on June 19, 2018, 12:49:38 PM

This really should be in the bug report subforum. Apart from that, remember if touching the limit to the colony name, that name is the default name for savegames. It would be nice if the limit to savegame names is longer than colony names, allowing suffixes to your savegame names without deleting from the colony name.

Reported that yesterday.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=41813.0

In case you want to add your input to that bug report.

Snafu_RW

Just finished reading the patchnotes & accompanying 3 pages of notes. Well done Tynan & team!!

However, one glaring omission I spotted almost instantly: still no prosthetic noses/ears/scar removal? Or has the social insult for being disfigured been removed?
Dom 8-)

Alenerel

A small problem is that if you dont post the changes between builds and you just edit the first page, we cant tell what has been changed and what to test.

ChJees

Found a unfinished description :P.

Cochlear implant description: text_todo

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: Alenerel on June 19, 2018, 12:25:31 PM
Quote from: XeoNovaDan on June 19, 2018, 11:18:32 AM

Heat resistance is how much heat it transfers, and wood is a very good insulator. What you mean is flammability.

Interestingly, there's some IRL parallel to this depending on context.  Sometimes steel beams will fail structurally from fire before wooden ones, since the additional heat allows them to deform under the weight, whereas the wooden one actually has to burn first.

Then again, it's pretty near impossible to set steel on fire under normal scenarios, even with the weapons that ignite stuff in the game.