Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashaffee

He explained the animal one. It was to nerf the strategy to just build 100 animals and just kill all raiders with them. You can still do this with that feature installed but you will need to devote resources to keeping those animals loyal with multiple trainers. I find this reasonable because tbh accidently I'd have 100+ animals if I didn't pay attention. I'd set  a zone for all the animals I didn't want to be In the raiders path for a quick disposal method but the damage they were able to do as just throw away was insane.

Balancing that relieves the thought in your head, "If only I exploited animals that playthrough I wouldn't have lost". Which lets you come up with new fun strategies on how to play.

I don't see any reason for the roof decay thing. It is awkward but personally I don't notice it =\

klun

the animal part needs a better function than just re trained them- thats just a chore - either made them with traits and perhaps some kind of worn off debuff after a couple of fights in a way that they cant group up fight after fight

Or cap the size of how many animals can you run as an army, the other one could be if the animal pack go beyond certain size or the pack has too different species just made them attack each other randomly or even the master

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: PatrykSzczescie on June 22, 2018, 01:18:51 PM
Quote from: Mihsan on June 22, 2018, 09:03:59 AM

But what really bothers me is how fast those sappers can mine my walls and how many holes they are ready to make. On one side it was first time when I felt like there is something smart fighting against me in this game and I love that those unfair trap labyrinths will be nerfed (which I dont use anyway). On the other side it feels like sappers have too big of advantage because I wasted countless days to build that giant marble wall around my base and it took them literaly 2 seconds to make a hole in it. And wooden walls they pass almost without stoping. Maybe at least speed of wall mining should be tuned down?

What was the mining level of those sappers? If around 15, I think it's optimal that they break the wall fast.

I don't like the internal inconsistency.  IMO "mining" should not beat out explosives to break a fortification, and it's awkward that AI raiders can do things like "mine walls" and "ignite" while player pawns have no such option.

Even making AI raiders fire into the walls would be a bit more genuine of a representation, if they can manage not to hit each other.

gadjung

Don't know if it's bug or feature - animals dying to toxic fallout (or having serious/extreme ~9x% and getting shot) are immediately 'Rotting' (their corpses don't have 'fresh' state)

Madman666

My guess its another "make life harsher" thingy 1.0 brought upon us. Though i can't really argue with it - eating animals that died from toxic overdose can't be healthy in any way.

TheMeInTeam

Even with buildup, they are immediately rot.  I had a cougar charge through a corridor into an otherwise walled in base to "hunt" a colonist (of course without notification, in contrast to every other potentially pawn killing event in the game).  Since it was visible I reacted and killed it, but even though it was running straight at me until the moment it died it was immediately rotted.

It'd be nice to have some notification for when toxic buildup gets to minor or something so I don't have to constantly manually check individual pawns to see if it's time to re-zone.

einie

The color pallet for factions seems to be awfully "close".  Ex. Purple & "slightly browner" purple one friendly the other not.  Yellow (friendly) and "a little whiter yellow".  This makes finding an initial location tough!
The wildlife tab is nice, but not really necessary.  It would be handier to have  a clothing (and weapons?) inventory so I can avoid tattered clothing with some efficiency. :)

Thanks
PS - Love the game - best I have found in the last 2 or 3 years. 

Madman666

Still its better than getting a ninja fix that makes people who ate the meat from animals with any kind of toxic buildup severity sick, for example. I wouldn't even be whining if that was so - its kinda common sense to not eat toxic stuff.

That does make toxic fallout, one of the most annoying events in RW ever even more annoying. If you don't have indoor growzones or a fat food storage by the time it happens - you're kind of doomed. Or you also could just ditch the map for a quadrum or two.

DariusWolfe

Quote from: einie on June 22, 2018, 02:04:04 PM
The color pallet for factions seems to be awfully "close".  Ex. Purple & "slightly browner" purple one friendly the other not.

Check to make sure you're on the latest push. This was definitely fixed in my current colony, even though it was started before the fix. One faction was a dark, vibrant blue, another was a lime green. Very distinct.

Also noticed the fallout thing; Though it seems maybe they're okay if you slaughter them? I 'rescued' a few camels and slaughtered them just fine, but one of them did insta-rot. It's possible that one died of fallout before I could slaughter, though.

Crow_T

concerning animal training, I noticed that the pet you start with needs to be trained to keep the obedience they start with up, that kind of sucked in the colony beginning when I am scraping for food. The solution for me is to not start off with animals, but maybe a more clever in game one could work out better.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Zombull

I'm sure this was already reported, but...

Pawns deconstructing smoothed walls will stop and start repairing them instead.

gadjung

Quote from: Madman666 on June 22, 2018, 02:05:47 PM
Still its better than getting a ninja fix that makes people who ate the meat from animals with any kind of toxic buildup severity sick, for example. I wouldn't even be whining if that was so - its kinda common sense to not eat toxic stuff.

That does make toxic fallout, one of the most annoying events in RW ever even more annoying. If you don't have indoor growzones or a fat food storage by the time it happens - you're kind of doomed. Or you also could just ditch the map for a quadrum or two.

To be honest i like this solution. Animals that are < 'Moderate', are normally having 'fresh' status, so clearing map early of animals can give You some food stockpile, same with wandering animals.

Another question : why infection killed my colonist before it reached 100% ? Colonist had 'Extreme' 87% (ok he would die since he had immunity  82% but still i had hope...)

Madman666

Was he otherwise healthy? My guess is something else was affecting said infected colonist, lowering his consciousness or something. Infection going extreme lowered it even more, below the death treshold and it killed him. Happens also with some drugs too.

Julia

This ->  "thats just a chore"

Don't make ppl play the game how you want it to be played. There is a reason mods exist that change basic functions. I see no problem with 100 animals, if you can keep them fed. That is called 'late game', and it will always be present. You finally get to the better guns, better resource management.

If ppl want it to be that hard, why not make only one weapon available - a bow. This will make the game harder surely. But it will miss the point, that eventually you will get to a more comfortable position against raids and such. I see no problem with having 100 animals for dealing with raids. Most of them would die anyway.

This isn't a story generator, this is a colony simulator, even if someone would want it to be different. And still, there is no story in doing repetitive chores. This is the moment to listen to feedback, mods will remove it (would be geat if game allowed more customization in itself), maybe next update will remove it just like the Tornado - some ppl liked it, but there was no point in it.

Fun, not chore.

Dargaron

I just noticed: chat and recruit got significantly creepier with the 1.0 update. So far, my colonist has tried to recruit a tribal by... (not all at once)
-talking about his sexual prowess
-asking about her pubic hair
-promising love
-discussing his genitals
-and encouraging Bat to talk about 'lovin.

When did my colonist become such a skeeve-ball? Is it because they're the same age and compatible genders, or because he has Creepy Breathing?