Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeLemmer

I found this bug just before the new build got put up, but it looks like a colonist's equipped Revolver just disappeared. I think swapping rapidly back & forth between equipping a Wood Log caused it.

FrozenSnowFox

QuoteNutrient paste dispenser no longer requires research.
Finally tribals can impress offworlders with their scientific knowledge of constructing nutrient paste dispensers.  You may want to revert this one.

ChJees

Quote from: FrozenSnowFox on June 25, 2018, 02:14:43 AM
QuoteNutrient paste dispenser no longer requires research.
Finally tribals can impress offworlders with their scientific knowledge of constructing nutrient paste dispensers.  You may want to revert this one.
Hahaha, should be required to at least have Electricity researched to use it :P.

Teleblaster18

Nutrient Paste Dispenser requires no research?

Looks like goop is back on the menu, boys!

As an aside: this is (and has been) an incredible process to watch unfold.   

Tynan

Quote from: MikeLemmer on June 25, 2018, 01:13:15 AM
Recreation tolerance seems broken. Before I built a Horseshoes Pin, Social tolerance reached 99% and colonists would just eternally socialize. Now that I've built the Horseshoes, both tolerances are hovering at 80%. I think I'll have to build a Chess Table just to make recreation effective again.

This sounds exactly correct.

The more sources you have, the more variance the colonists get, the less they'll build up tolerance, the less joy time they need.

You should build a chess table.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

SihvMan

Suggestion: Ocean water should be a valid area for a watermill. Wave motion can power generator just as easily as river flow.

Wanderer_joins

This one is rather old, but since mood has to be managed slightly tighter in 1.0 (drones, parties, fine meals etc...), the colonist died and banished to death mood debuffs could be somewhat scaled to time spent in the colony.

It's -6 for 3 days for the whole colony simply because a guy who instantly joined during a rescue mission died seconds later. Could be -3 for "rookie colonist died" or something, based on time spent as colonist.

Also still talking advantage of the records, the debuff or flavour of the description could take into account the total kills for storytelling, like "we've just lost our best fighter (52 kills), we're in trouble" or other records. I always enjoy reading the records of my colonists and thinks their storytelling potential could be exploited further.

Madman666

- Like the food poison change. Mood and pain penalties are harsh, but fair, since you feel like crap if you managed to eat something... wrong. I'll mod it to be treatable for my run though. I'd like to have a way to shorten it a bit with power of medicine.
- Glad to see enemy miners slowed down. It was real strange to see them work better than grenades.
- I actually like the recreation changes, as in previous betas it wasn't really a major change, going from horseshoes and chess tables to television, poker and billiards. I kind of wish that there was some more activities and facilities for recreation. Though that one s easily fixed by mods.

One question:
Didn't quite make it to bionics yet in 1.0, whats the deal with "bionic uneasiness"? They now get whiny, when you replace lost limbs with scientific miracles? I get the idea, when body purists and prosthetic haters complain - yeah, fine, but normal people should welcome being non-crippled again?

Why a nerf to already rare and expensive thing, you can't get for just anyone? With the amount of limbs and organs sent flying by gunfire, i can't fathom, why would you make that change. Player wastes astronomical amounts of money\crafting materials\crafter's labor time, only to get one more pissy colonist prone to minor\major breaks?

Only thing that comes to mind - its to counter people making bionic terminators out of their colonists. I don't think thats a problem to be fixed, but fine, ok, make them complain only in cases where it was a healthy body part that was replaced then.

Tynan

Quote from: Madman666 on June 25, 2018, 04:25:13 AM
normal people should welcome being non-crippled again?

They do welcome being non-crippled; what they don't welcome is turning into an inhuman freak to accomplish that.

Also, many of the implants have nothing to do with curing being crippled.

It only happens if you've got 3 or more artificial parts.

Transhumanist uneasiness with 'loss of humanity' is a common part of many stories. See Deus Ex: HR for one example.

Polder

The cannibal trait might be too common now.

Tynan

Quote from: Polder on June 25, 2018, 04:51:09 AM
The cannibal trait might be too common now.

I didn't touch it since B18; sample size. (In fact it'll be less common since a few others were tuned up).

Alenerel

Maybe you should add a limit in how much you can buy goodwill with silver and trade. For example, with silver you could buy up to 70 and with trade up to 80, and would have to get the last one with quests.

Have you considered joining plant cut and growing? Putting plant cut after growing.

Lanilor

Some more feedback from me while playing:

-The need to re-taim animals fees nice. Although I only had a few animals.

"Change difficulty labels to the traditional ones."
- I see the reason behind it, but it looks really boring now and the old names really gave Rimwold difficulties a unique touch. Maybe just add traditional names in the tooltip.

"Rearranged construction work priorities. Repair is below construct, and other changes."
- Thanks for this, it was really needed.

"Crashlanded scenario now starts with 10 wake-up."
- It makes the start a lot easier and I think it wasn't really needed. It would help new players, but for new people who don't know how addiction tolerances work, it really gives the danger of an addiction and the potentional to fuck up their game with withdrawl and mental breaks.

"Adjusted multi-analyzer art match other table types in style (i.e. tabletop fills cells)."
- It's weird in general that the tabletop fills the cells. Logically it would be the table foot area that fills the cells. (See screenshot attached)

"Allow opportunistic haul for pawns with hauling work disabled."
- I don't see the logic behind this. These pawns don't haul, so why do they suddenly haul when going somewhere else. Also can be abused to let them haul everything with a lot of placing stockpiles. (It's a lot micro and imo noth worth it, but in special situations it might make a huge difference.)

- The rearranges skill order is weird, mainly because we are really accustomed to the old. But I think having medical and social near fighting was a good logical order. My ideas:
1: Shooting, Melee, Medical, Social, Animals, Plants, Cooking, Crafting, Artistic, Construction, Mining, Intellectual (An order of more similar skills being next to each other. Like Social and Animal, Cooking and Crafting)
2: Shooting, Melee, Medical, Social, Animal, Cooking, Construction, Plants, Mining, Crafting, Artistic, Intellectual (Order of work priorities to keep that in the same style.)
(If you don't want to change this, it would be nice to hear your reasoning / logical order behind the new skill order.)

- I played a few naked survival extreme games and it was a nice challenge so far. Sure a few totally random things can end the game, but I see that as a part of this.

- Colonists regulary wander in water when doing recreation stuff like walking around or cloudwatching. I also let corpses lying around far away and the colonist walked all the way there during recreation also over the river. Result was full recration and -19 mood which was really dumb.

Otherwise I like a lot of the changes. Especially mood debuffs for turning common colonists into cyborgs and the new recreation system. It feels good to now need more diversity.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Yoshida Keiji

I can't load the game, screen just turns all black and then I return to my Steam account.

Ser Kitteh

I agree with using the older names for difficulty. It loses flavour and signatureness for a bit of accessibility that I personally think that's not worth it.

Also ultratech back to glitterworld meds please. Glitterworld, it's super unique. Ultratech, not so much.