Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkade8583

Can I request a tool to allow me to mine an entire node? Or make steel easier to see? As is, I'm having to dev-mode it to mine full nodes and, frankly, steel is way harder to see than it needs to be (especially around granite and sandstone at least for me. I have the same problem with Uranium and Marble.)

ashaffee

I've gotten to bionics in my play through. I respect the -mood for too many attachments. I can easily see getting everyone super human like in a sort time. Now I have to proactively save this to compliment their skills and save spots for injuries.

I would really like some bionic to cure frail. Since the other complimenting old age trait is bad back and can be fixed.

The wake up early on for the crash landing is a great idea. Since it is suppose to be a easier training scenario. This teaches people the huge worth they have for many things and addiction can be managed. For my first 300 hours I just sold all my drugs. But go go juice and wake up is critical for some extreme scenarios and I believe it is what people are lacking when they complain it is too difficult for certain carvan missions.

Seems like you've cured 90% of the communities problems. I bet your to do list for a full release is almost here 😀. There really isn't much to cry about now. Just unique things people prefer that mods can deal with.

Ser Kitteh

I noticed moving furniture is now under basic, though the tooltip doesn't say it.

Really appreciate that, Tynan!

Madman666

Quote from: Tynan on June 25, 2018, 04:41:26 AM
They do welcome being non-crippled; what they don't welcome is turning into an inhuman freak to accomplish that.

Also, many of the implants have nothing to do with curing being crippled.

It only happens if you've got 3 or more artificial parts.

Transhumanist uneasiness with 'loss of humanity' is a common part of many stories. See Deus Ex: HR for one example.

Oh, Deus Ex. "I didn't ask for this." I kind of hate how moping Jensen is, so I hoped things like that won't make an appearance. Now you can get your bionic superdoctor, but at the cost of him being either all whiny, or a cocaine addict. Oh, well. Yayo it is then, followed by exile, once chemical damage settles in.

Antaios

Quote from: ashaffee on June 25, 2018, 08:24:38 AM
The wake up early on for the crash landing is a great idea. Since it is suppose to be a easier training scenario. This teaches people the huge worth they have for many things and addiction can be managed. For my first 300 hours I just sold all my drugs. But go go juice and wake up is critical for some extreme scenarios and I believe it is what people are lacking when they complain it is too difficult for certain carvan missions.

As someone who sets everyone to 'no drugs', and deletes the other policies at the start of every game, I'm mostly indifferent to this wake-up.
I'll just add "Burn Wake-Up" to the list of drug stuff I do at the start of the game.

Lanilor

I found a few problems with work priorities (unless it's intended).

- Pawn with multiple bleeding wounds are getting tended from a medic and stand up (which cancels tending) to go and pick up a meal to their inventory.

- Medic with medic work priority set to 1 prefers eating or recreation instead of tending bleeding pawns (even that their needs aren't empty, just at the edge to the first (smaller) mood debuff)

- Door cheese of melee raids works too good: 1 enemy is fighting 1 or 2 are igniting or destroying something and 10 stand around doing nothing.

I can provide more information if you need.

TheMeInTeam

1.0 seems to have changed animal vision range for food.  In the winter, this lets every squirrel, rat, and muffalo beeline across the map, through player defenses, and attempt to eat simple meals.

On reflection I'm thinking this is probably not ideal.  While it can be a mild nuisance in some situations, you can just shut the door for those.  In the vast majority of cases, animals congregating into base to this extent makes it open season on very time-efficient draft hunting, complete with access to doors and pathing manipulation to make the odd revenge less threatening.

PatrykSzczescie

I've never thought of leaving food in an open area.

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: PatrykSzczescie on June 25, 2018, 10:37:07 AM
I've never thought of leaving food in an open area.

You don't have to, they will target it as long as they have a valid path through open doors, doesn't seem to matter how many doors.

This can of course even be used to "bait" them into freezer since the only time this manifests is winter (herbivores don't have grass to eat).

Jibbles

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on June 25, 2018, 10:32:25 AM
1.0 seems to have changed animal vision range for food.  In the winter, this lets every squirrel, rat, and muffalo beeline across the map, through player defenses, and attempt to eat simple meals.

On reflection I'm thinking this is probably not ideal.  While it can be a mild nuisance in some situations, you can just shut the door for those.  In the vast majority of cases, animals congregating into base to this extent makes it open season on very time-efficient draft hunting, complete with access to doors and pathing manipulation to make the odd revenge less threatening.

Had a raider destroy my fridge the other day.  There's about 9 rats and several squirrels getting into my food inside my base.  I think you're right how players may take advantage cause the thought came across my mind when it happened. At the same time, it's kind of funny to see and appreciate so I hope it doesn't get removed.

EDIT:
---------------------------------

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on June 25, 2018, 10:32:25 AM
You don't have to, they will target it as long as they have a valid path through open doors, doesn't seem to matter how many doors.

Didn't know it went that far.  Yeah, they probably gonna do something about that. lol

Ser Kitteh

You know how during raids, the player has their colonists set up for battle, but then you realise that the raiders/mechanoids are taking too long, and you undraft them, they try to eat their food, but then you draft them again, and you have a bunch of simple meals lying around your bunker?

Would it be possible for the colonist to just ... put em' back in their inventory?

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on June 25, 2018, 11:07:01 AM
You know how during raids, the player has their colonists set up for battle, but then you realise that the raiders/mechanoids are taking too long, and you undraft them, they try to eat their food, but then you draft them again, and you have a bunch of simple meals lying around your bunker?

Would it be possible for the colonist to just ... put em' back in their inventory?

This is an interesting point.  I'd lean on suggesting picking up things within weight in general.

My reason for this is that if you want to haul say three stripped outfits from the edge of the map, it is possible to order a caravan with these, then after a pawn picks up 5+ items delete the zone and cancel it.  If we're going to allow this sort of thing it'd be more convenient to skip the pretense and allow inventory pick-up similar to how it works for generated raid encounters.

And actually, right now you can order the pawns into a caravan, draft them and pick up the meals --> cancel caravan...but you can't just do this w/o caravan mechanic.  Meanwhile, that pawn who can't haul will still drag an elephant the length of several buildings by herself to butcher it :D.  It's silly.

You can do some pretty crazy plays with this especially early on if you're up for the micro.

fritzgryphon

Interesting change:  crafting table interaction spots can be blocked by other walk-able objects (tables, shelves, tool cabinets, other workbenches, etc) and still be usable.  If it hasn't been mentioned, workbenches are now movable.

In theory you could pack your workshops even tighter now, as long as you don't desire chairs for the interaction spots.

+1 for 'Glitter'.  Glitter is unique and iconic to RW IMO, and the term is a nice opposite to the grittyness of the rimworlds.  Also, Ultratech already exists in Killer Instinct.

XeoNovaDan

I find it weird how tribalwear has superior insulation and similar levels of protection to basic-tier industrial clothing (e.g. t-shirt, pants), but is also cheaper.

NagashUD

Hmm second day, one of my colonist got a mental break and got addicted to wake-up; i mean why giving wake-up on crash landed start ? has no sence to me (not blaming about the mental break, i just find it useless at start) maybe some opinions about it guys ?