Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greep

I think tynan can do without the "lol ur n00b" comments in this thread xD  'Sides I've totally taken out two centipedes with survival rifles.  3 is a bit much, though >.>

Anyways, going to test out the armor/general combat on randy intense, no security buildings.  Probably going to die horribly xD

1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

klun

Personally I think that the the difficulty tune up is and was necessary, specially at very hard/ extreme.

The armor penetration/reduction is a nice addition to that, Im still digging into that but overall feels like is balanced. The only issue that Im seeing is how useless are some weapons with that new system (grenades for example)

And I also like the other names better for difficulty rather than the usual hard, very hard.

On another note the reason why I always ask if its possible to throw an "endless mode " option when you launch "finish" the game to jump to another world, is because it would be real interesting specially now with this new armor / difficulty spike  to have some kind of new game+

With scaled enemies perhaps a randomly generated more  aggressive planet and so on

Tynan

Quote from: Greep on June 26, 2018, 11:20:02 AM
Anyways, going to test out the armor/general combat on randy intense, no security buildings.  Probably going to die horribly xD

Hoping someone will test the autocannons now too!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Greep

I did!  It was not a thorough test, though.  I can maybe do that later.

"
Game #2:  Decided to try out the new autocannons, went in with a strategy of just beelining them.  They're terrible.  A turret and a goliath 500 steel 6 component autocannon... failed to kill a single person in a 5 person early game raid against pistols.  Having put everything into the strategy, it failed miserably. 

It looks like the intention is that these aren't really upgrades so much as turrets you put in back of your main line of turrets for a double amount of firepower.  They'd be pretty terrible at that too tbh.  I suggest either halving their cost, doubling their damage, or doubling their range, making them either super expensive sniper turrets or actually effective at their original goal.  In actual gameplay, turrets usually have a wall between them to bunch them up and prevent explosions, so I'm not sure how these special turrets would perform even as a backline of turrets, though.  If you spread out your turrets instead of block the back ones' LOS, you'll probably just end up with the same amount of firepower."
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

TheMeInTeam

QuoteThe armor penetration/reduction is a nice addition to that, Im still digging into that but overall feels like is balanced. The only issue that Im seeing is how useless are some weapons with that new system (grenades for example)

I have a lot of theorycraft I really want to test out in practice and am not sure I can manage to test it all in the next few days.  What's the issue with grenades?  Not enough armor pen?  Maybe they could deal sharp (shrapnel) and blunt (concussion) damage, mostly the latter?

Wiki of course can't keep up with 1.0 changes so it's hard to visualize the specifics on how weapons interact with armor w/o trying it out.  By the sound some weapons will basically be dealing no damage to end game armor.  That's an interesting scenario, makes me wonder how stuff in raider's hands scales to it too.

XeoNovaDan

Another option would be to perhaps give autocannons a higher per-tile accuracy than mini-turrets (maybe 97% instead of 96%), since it isn't implied to my knowledge that autocannons have the same sort of potato AI that mini-turrets do. On the other hand, that could make them quite OP since 97% is a significant step up from 96%.

Also, isn't the autopistol almost all-round inferior to the revolver at this point, despite being the higher-tech gun? It has a slightly higher base DPS, true, but it has inferior range, is unable to stagger people unlike the revolver, and also has a worse DPS at longer distances. Not to forget the worse AP makes them less viable too.

Also, a bit of theorycraft, but with the linear nature of the armour system, isn't armour piercing's role as it stands fairly minor, with perhaps the exception of comparing extremes (e.g. machine pistol/shotgun vs charge lance/autocannon).

DariusWolfe

Greep: I think he means the autocannons which have been changed since you originally posted that.

Quote from: Tynan on June 26, 2018, 05:39:38 AM
Autocannon turret is now significantly more powerful and somewhat more expensive.

Julia

"Reduced "soaking wet" duration and made it happen in rain as well as water."

I don't think he plays the game anymore outside of the developer mode, he doesn't understand ^^

Let's craft umbrellas, and equip them instead of weapons. And when it rains, just block all doors and keep your pawns indoors for the next 2 minutes so they don't get a debuff. Don't worry it's just another useless micromanagement that should not be in the game. Or just get a free -mood because why not.

Yoshida Keiji

Quote from: Ramsis on June 26, 2018, 11:18:41 AM
Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on June 26, 2018, 10:32:46 AM
...which explains why is it that you have basic level problems to the point that you look like a new player...

Kenji just know if you keep being overly hostile to folks this will be your third ban, and that carries a cozy month or so. You need to chill, everyone is invited to play how they please at any skill level.

Don't worry, Version 1.0 didn't bring me anything new...and half a year wait was too long for little, I'm already buying other games and soon you won't see me again anyways.

Tynan

Quote from: Greep on June 26, 2018, 11:34:26 AM
~

Please don't just copy paste your old posts; the balance changed since then which is why I'm looking for play reports.

Dargaron

Put me on the list of folks who've killed (2) Centipedes with (2) Bolt-Action Rifles: admittedly, they were Good Bolt-Actions, one of which was in the hands of a skill-16 shooter. But hey, you go to war with the army you have.

Just a note: eye injuries still cause the "disfigured" social malus, even though they're treatable now. Not sure if bugged or WAD (since there's probably a chance of scarring if they aren't treated well enough, in which case, the malus makes sense).

Question: Do happier pawns play better together? I finally recruited Bat to my colony (literally trained social up from 2 to 10 with no passion), and all that my pawns did was chitchat. I looked in dev mode and found that she had a 0.10% chance per interaction for a Deep Talk w/ my primary colonist. If not, would it be too much of a pain to make social interaction chance influenced by mood? E.g. the Hard Worker can put up with the Lazy pawns if everyone's fed and entertained, but if the colony hits a serious rough patch, you just won a free subscription to "Social Fighting Monthly."

wastelandr

The latest build you posted this morning seems to be broken on Mac

Tass237

I support reverting the difficulty levels to their previous terms.

I support the current rarity of Masterwork and Legendary qualities.

I think the soaking wet debuff in rain is fine, and it makes jungle biomes tougher, which I like. But I do think a Pluviophile/Hydrophile trait is in order though that gets a mood buff from being wet instead of a penalty.

Adamiks

Just a quick question @Yoshida
"* 50% Killbox players
* 80% Casual players (with Over Powered Mods)"

Do you mean 80% of 50% or 50% of that 80% or 50% of the remaining 20% (making 90% of the player base casuals % killboxers, HMMM) or 80% of that 50%
Or is it just 130%..

I'm trying out Naked Brutality on extreme and not randomizing colonists + random landing, failed 2 times so far, the struggle is fun though

First thing that stands out to me, though, is that steel looks more like bags of something rather than steel plates, a really minor thing, but the old one was a lot better and clearer imo

Tynan

Overall, the balance has shifted far too much towards pure theorycrafting in this thread. So I'm instituting a temporary moratorium on theorycrafting here. Any posts not related to some specific and up-to-date play experience will be removed.

We'll see how this plays out, and we can let the theorizing back in slowly later. But at the moment it's simply not useful since it's almost always based on very false assumptions.

Thank you in advance to anyone who posts a play story or specific experience-based feedback.