Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Quote from: Polder on July 01, 2018, 03:03:00 AM
In the end my colony succumbed to a combination of a strong pirate raid with poorly planned defenses resulting in several deaths. A few days later a poison ship I had been ignoring started affecting my crops and I felt like I had little choice but to attack. I totally underestimated the mechanoids and they killed everyone. This was at about 20k wealth.

Maybe you could've brought out the mechs and lured the pirates into them!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Syrchalis

Quote from: Tynan on July 01, 2018, 05:52:37 AM
Hydroponics fertility 230% -> 280%.
I was just building a full sunlamp room of hydroponics. Well, that's a convenient buff. Now let's restart Rimworld and hope the update doesn't break my mods and I have to start over.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Ambaire

Quote from: Zombull on June 30, 2018, 05:59:49 PM
Hay deteriorates way too quickly outdoors. I should be able to keep animals outdoors and feed them without the entire hay bale deteriorating before they can eat it. It should deteriorate very slowly anyway unless it's raining and having a roof over it should greatly reduce its deterioration rate.

Is this outdoor hay sitting on a constructed floor or on the ground? I grew up on a ranch with cows and stuff and we fed a lot of round/square bales to them. If a hay bale is sitting on the ground, the bottom of it will get moldy fairly quickly, especially in damp weather, even if they're covered with a tarp or whatever. Admittedly, this is on a timescale of RL months... considering a RL year is 365 days and a Rimworld year is 60 days. How quickly does the hay decay?

Quote from: Jstank on July 01, 2018, 03:42:19 AM
That doesn't make any bit of sense. If this person spent his life scavenging through wreckages to find interesting stuff, then WHY THE HELL CAN'T HE HAUL!?

There are a lot of backgrounds that disable hauling in this game and most of them don't make any lick of sense at all. Before we wrap a package on this game can we dial back the amount of disabled hauling that occurs in characters? It should really only be for health reasons that these pawns can't haul.  EX: Bad Back!

100% agreed. Way too many backgrounds that disable hauling for no logical reason.

Rename ultratech medicine -> glitterworld medicine

Thank you!

XeoNovaDan

One quick thing which I forgot to mention is that with plague, at least in my experience, there's only really one opportunity to tend it due to the rate at which it progresses which is the initial tend. Perhaps tend duration should be reduced from 2 days to 1 day, because right now the 2 day tend window is somewhat misleading and could result in false hope.

I've never had any plague casualties this run since the first instances of plague were mid-late game when I had a good supply of medicine set up, but I feel this could ease up things for others.

FlAsHi0Z

While playing I got this bug while trying to trade with a bulk goods trader from space in the latest build.

Boboid

Balanced some bionics and archotech body parts a bit.
Shift various ranged weapons' firing delays a somewhat from warmup into cooldown to reduce cheese and counterbalance not being able to use them in melee.

I can't imagine why  ::)

Immediately interested to see what kind of bullshit I can pull with a chain shotgun with 0.9 warmup though.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Lech

I noticed that 3 elements increase deteriorating of stuff. Leaving raider's body on the river catches all 3 and they are done in ~10 days. Cool. 

I have the same problem as @FlAsHi0Z , with the same trader.

ChJees

Quote from: Lech on July 01, 2018, 06:48:45 AM
I noticed that 3 elements increase deteriorating of stuff. Leaving raider's body on the river catches all 3 and they are done in ~10 days. Cool
In before Tynan nerfs body detoriation rate to encourage use of Crematorium.

I noticed I got a ton of manhunter raids even at 300k+ colony wealth. My freezer was overflowing with meat after a few of them. Maybe have a increased cooldown between them?

Syrchalis

Quote from: Syrchalis on July 01, 2018, 06:01:04 AM
Hydroponics fertility 230% -> 280%.
I was just building a full sunlamp room of hydroponics. Well, that's a convenient buff. Now let's restart Rimworld and hope the update doesn't break my mods and I have to start over.
Welp, the rotation change rotated all my basins and broke them. Nothing godmode can't fix, but now I gotta delete the materials that are lying around.

Fun Fact: Plants proceeded to grow on the stone floor (not actually grow but... ya know, didn't disappear).
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Alenerel

OMG dude its sunday and you still updated it -.-

Lech

I hope you do remember to update descriptions, once patch hits live. Chain shotgun(range) and assault rifle(bullet number per attack) are 2 examples of outdated description.

Bones

I released a prisoner and he fell on three wooden traps. Maybe they should act as traders (friendly) as to not active the traps?

SpoonBender

Ok, this new 'Run wild' mental break really made me laugh like the first time I played this game. Juliette the Gatherer decided to leave the colony and go live with the animals. The final straw was: Someone's organs harvested. Can't say I blame her, but you know, some things need to be done. She revenged after the second failed taming attempt and she died in the fight. I tried to bury her in a sarcophagus, but couldn't assign her. I know, she probably wouldn't have wanted that anyway, but civilization must be forced on people sometimes, be it post mortem.

I noticed that all pawns have a 'Revenge chance on tame fail' stat now, which is always 0%, even for the wild man. But when I assigned her to be tamed a message popped up saying there was a 10% chance for revenge, and sure Juliette did revenge. And if we go that way, the wild man should also have a 'wildness' stat, indicating how difficult it is to tame them.

Also the new 'jailbreaker' mental break got me by surprise. Woodward freed two prisoners and proceeded to hide in his room. So this seems a combination of two mental breaks. Probably to prevent using the same pawn to arrest/beat the prisoners he just released.

Tynan

Last build has a breaking bug, I'm reverting until we can fix it.

EDIT: New fixed build up now
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Serenity

Rename ultratech medicine -> glitterworld medicine
And the world is right again