Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nydjo

Quote from: Tynan on July 10, 2018, 03:09:47 AM
How are you playing - just to grow indefinitely?

Sorry about my English. I'm French.

I have over 1500 hours of play and I never built the ship.

I'm playing a permanent  dead randy hard.

I love building a huge bass and eventually dying and starting over.

I dream of being able to destroy all the tribes on the map but phantasms are not made to be realized!

Karmos

Hi Tynan—a few bugs I have encountered in 1.0 builds so far.

• NPC pawns regularly spawn not equipped for the current cold weather. Raiders, visitors, and raid encounters during caravans have all spawned without the right gear for me. (e.g. warm to 16F but it is -4F out.)
  • NPC pawns occasionally spawn without pants during otherwise well equipped raids (and they aren't wearing tribal wear to cover up).
  • Deadfall traps do not display in the combat log.
  • Enemy pawns hurt by mortar en route to my base become distracted and start attacking sandbags miles away from anything important.
  • When launching a transport pod from a remote location to your base and hovering destination cursor over your base on the map, development console displays error: "Tried to get relation between faction ___ and itself."
  • Faction relations take a hit when visitors/traders get killed by manhunting animals but not when killed by mechanoids. (Ideally, neither incident would hurt faction relations? Or both would, depending on how ruthless you are.)
Suggestions:
Would be nice to see where each shot landed in the combat log and the result of each shot. E.g. "Tynan's bolt-action rifle bullet hit John in the right leg, [wounding/bruising/cracking/destroying] it." So more or less how Dwarf Fortress handles combat logs.

I have been playing since the Kickstarter days and love everything you have done with RimWorld over the years. Keep up the good work!

DubskiDude

Quote from: Tynan on July 10, 2018, 09:49:11 AM
Infestations are a bit tougher.
Sniper turret now consumes uranium instead of steel.

Why these changes in particular? To be brutally honest, Infestation + Overhead mountain are pretty much the worst part about Rimworld. And I'm scratching my head about uranium. Sure it makes steel no longer a requirement for sniper turret upkeep (I've seen a LOT of people complain about the lack of steel), but replacing it with one of the rarest resources in the game? Wouldn't plasteel make more sense?

6factorial

The new update produced a lot of stuff in the debug log, so I took it as an invitation to start over. Here are some thoughts I had while playing my last colony. Thanks for all these updates and for creating this wonderful game!

Cassandra Medium, Crashlanded start, Temperate Forest on Mountainous terrain.

Colonists got the flu while I was out caravaning. I read on the patch notes that bedrolls help with deal with infections while out on a caravan, so thankfully I brought some along. About a day after getting the letter alerting me that colonists had the flu, I saw that even with ~60% tend quality, the flu was progressing further than immunity. Out of curiosity, I decided to rest the caravan until the colonists developed an immunity. This worked, and I thought it might be a neat opportunity to let players know they can rest their caravans while the caravans are out in order to specifically deal with medical emergencies.

I am playing on a medium (275x275 cell) map, and the two ships I've had land have landed in the exact same spot on the map. I tried constructing a wall around the first ship that landed, and left it up after it had been dispatched. The second ship, to my surprise, landed in the exact same spot, within the constructed walls. Not sure if it's a bug, but I thought I would share it.

A note about caravan requests: I love that these are popping up frequently for me, and in fact some trading options occur so frequently, I'd like some way to log them. Maybe another menu, or a list when I'm looking in the world would be awesome! I've completed two so far, and have another two in the process of being fulfilled. I just worry that I'll forget which settlement asked for what, and there's no distinguishing feature about settlements that request a caravan trade.

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: erdrik on July 10, 2018, 01:32:34 PM
FYI, for those that can't find the Ramp Up tab:
To use the Ramp-Up tab in history, you need to first activate it in the view selections at the top of the screen while dev mode is on.

Dev Mode > Open the View Settings > 4th from last

No, it just doesn't work with existing saves for some reason. Turning on logging just logs the ramp-up to the output_log. :)

erdrik

Quote from: MarvinKosh on July 10, 2018, 02:05:04 PM
Quote from: erdrik on July 10, 2018, 01:32:34 PM
FYI, for those that can't find the Ramp Up tab:
To use the Ramp-Up tab in history, you need to first activate it in the view selections at the top of the screen while dev mode is on.

Dev Mode > Open the View Settings > 4th from last

No, it just doesn't work with existing saves for some reason. Turning on logging just logs the ramp-up to the output_log. :)
Hmm weird, I started a new game for that test but I can't replicate now. I guess I was mistaken.
:P

Lech

My level 10 (melee) brawler with mace has quite hight tendency to cut limbs clean, instead of crippling people. I don't see any statistics about damage type, but I hope we will get some non/less lethal weapons back.

Greep

That would be weird if rampup graphing worked with existing saves, it's not like the game code can go back in time and see what your rampup was before it decided recording it  ::)

Not a whole lot of action recently, having a randy lull through the fall and spring.  I end up managing to actually get that 1100 patchwork leather by killing all of the wildlife on the map before winter, so I send two dudes to carry it over.

I end up wiping out the initial bugs in the cave.  Their hives died off in the coldest part of fall, so some started starving to death.  But then they started eating their own corpses lol.  So since I wanted to mine some of that sweet steel I ended up meleeing them with some turret support.

While it is true that the new caravans are very worth it, they're crazy risky so I don't think they need to be nerfed.  Right after this event I get a raid that would have crushed me with just my two dudes out on caravan if I decided against moving into the caves before securing the area with cannons.

One of the raiders was pretty fail, though  ::)  He started the battle with go-juice and dashed ahead of his fellows.  Because it was snowing and they were at the opposite end of the map, he gets to my base waaaay before everyone else and instantly dies to cannon fire, seend in below pic.

There's a whole bunch of caravan requests open, some for some very nice stuff, but since it's winter and I can't bring my plate armor, I'm not sure I want to get ambushed while wearing parkas, I let a few expire.

Notably, there is an outpost which has an A.I. component for a reward with 3 enemies because I got it right at the start of the game.  Oddly it is still at 3 enemies, so it looks like outposts stay indefinitely and do not scale after the initial setting, which means I can wait for a while and then utterly crush it like a little ant.   8)

[attachment deleted due to age]
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

JavaWho

Greep

Had a weird event.  I installed a turret in my prison room because it was getting a little crowded (3 prisoners, half my colony on caravan to see if I can snag a vanopowerthingy) and instantly there was a prison break.  Not 100% sure if it was related.  Some faction buddies called to help out with a previous raid decided to then kill my prisoners -_____-  Oddly, when I started meleeing the prisoners to knock them out, I get "the tribespeople from blah blah are fleeing", which was one of my prisoners, who then was shot to death by a faction buddy.

Overall not sure if anything should be changed, but it looks like something is buggy with that fleeing event?

[attachment deleted due to age]

MineTortoise:
HELLO!

Sangerwolf

I don't know if the ramp up graph is working or not I enabled it in dev mode and even started a new game and it still isn't showing up.

rdshen

I just ran into a really strange and major bug. A pawn is instantly dying from non-lethal well bandaged wounds hours after the fact. It's a scyther blade cut that is suddenly becoming a 9999 scar without warning. Then having a leg disabled kills the pawn. Dev mode tool heal random instantly kills the pawn. Restore body part seems to have saved her.

Pictures and also debug log from it happening in dev mode.
https://imgur.com/a/ceEYnvj

Syrchalis

Manhunter pack! A single hare. My booamlope slapped it and it instantly died. Randy Extreme.

I guess my two pawns, both sick, aren't worth much, huh.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Greep

First major threat (manhunter pack/ raid) is always essentially nothing.

MineTortoise:
HELLO!

Yoshida Keiji

Caravan spawns with "one" unit of Hyperweave...really?

I think in all my games... I only tailored less than 5 apparels of this material ever.