Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Numar

Quote from: Tynan on July 17, 2018, 03:30:55 AMRemove friendly chat prisoner interaction mode since it's purposeless and confusing.
Well, I used it on prisoners I didn't want to recruit but I wanted to sell to level social and to light up the mood of the prisoners. Sad to see it gone.

Patv

Quote from: Syrchalis on July 17, 2018, 04:46:32 AM
Quote from: Sirinox on July 17, 2018, 04:11:35 AM
Quote from: Tynan on July 17, 2018, 03:30:55 AM
Remove friendly chat prisoner interaction mode since it's purposeless and confusing.

That's interesting.
It wasn't that purposeless for me. I used it widely, especially in mid-late game with bigger and better populated prisons, to be on good terms with prisoners in case I choose to recruit them. [...]
Same, it's actually a setting I use as often as release. You basically prepare the prisoner, but don't actually recruit them. Then later you can always choose to still go for the recruit or instead release him.

So purposeless? Not at all, not to me at least.

Yeah.. Couldn't agree more, I used it in quite the same manner since it totally fits a purpose. Lore wise, you wouldn't try to recruit every single cannibal and psychopath on the planet or simply release them back into the world before having a friendly chat with them beforehand.

In my opinion it'd be great to keep the option in the game (Not only for practicing your social skills - since there's not many other opportunities for that), but it would add more depth to the prisoner-management.

Kubouch

Quote from: Syrchalis on July 17, 2018, 04:46:32 AM
Quote from: Sirinox on July 17, 2018, 04:11:35 AM
Remove friendly chat prisoner interaction mode since it's purposeless and confusing.

That's interesting.
It wasn't that purposeless for me. I used it widely, especially in mid-late game with bigger and better populated prisons, to be on good terms with prisoners in case I choose to recruit them. [...]

Same, it's actually a setting I use as often as release. You basically prepare the prisoner, but don't actually recruit them. Then later you can always choose to still go for the recruit or instead release him.

So purposeless? Not at all, not to me at least.

I use this regurarly, too. Both to train the Social skill and to "prepare" the prisoner for potential recruitment. Also keeping their mood high via chatting prevents prison breaks (?).

Syrchalis

Quote from: Greep on July 17, 2018, 05:16:06 AM
It'd be nice if no interaction was removed instead of friendly chat.  If you're bothering to keep them in a cell, why are you ignoring them?
No time/manpower right now, but still need a warden to feed them.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Madman666

Same as everyone else - sad that friendly chat was removed. It was a decent way of leveling social skills on your would be diplomat pawn and also allowed to establish friendly relations with future recruit without actually recruiting him for this time. This isn't a nice change.

Greep

I don't think I've really used anything besides release and recruit ever since prison breaks. Selling prisoners is so annoying, they usually eat more than they're worth before I get a chance to sell them  >:(
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Madman666

Having several prisoners on friendly chat allowed to slowly train one or two colonists to become good traders and negotiators for peace talks quest. :(

XeoNovaDan

I personally found friendly chat useful for building relations with prisoners that were addicted to something; get that relation with the warden up to +100 without having to deal with the full set of downsides that an addict has if you were to recruit them.

robno

Quote from: Numar on July 17, 2018, 05:07:46 AM
Quote from: Tynan on July 17, 2018, 03:30:55 AMRemove friendly chat prisoner interaction mode since it's purposeless and confusing.
Well, I used it on prisoners I didn't want to recruit but I wanted to sell to level social and to light up the mood of the prisoners. Sad to see it gone.
+1 for this, I used it a lot if I wasn't sure if I wanted the inmate, but wanted to prepare social. I think its meaning is self-explanatory when seen next to 'Chat and Recruit'. It was also good for RP.

Oblitus

Had a manhunter pack of panthers and a psychic ship. Managed to make them fight each other. Realized why pawns don't need water. They are totally dry themselves! That explains both that and why their bodies burn to ashes if set on fire. BTW, panthers would win if not inferno cannons.

Automatic rebuild does not work when the building is destroyed before it is built.

There should be some way to differentiate between firefighting, cleaning and home zones. I don't care if my stone deadfall trap is dirty or on fire, but I want my pawns to fix and rearm it, as well as loot anything that got caught (even it is managed to crawl away before bleeding out). BTW, repairing unarmed trap removes rearming designation. Also, why auto-rearm is not enabled by default?

Tired of losing animals because they are automatically assigned to follow handler after obedience is trained.

While taking the best medial bed usually is reasonable, when I rescue a wild predator I intend to tame I probably don't want it in my hospital.

When severely wounded pawn decides to break down into the daze and refuses to receive treatment it is annoying.

Greep

Quote from: Oblitus on July 17, 2018, 05:48:46 AM
Also, why auto-rearm is not enabled by default?

Yeah this is kinda of annoying.  I don't even get why it's a thing you would ever turn off.
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

JohnLG

I've been allied to an outlander town for about two years now.  I haven't seen a natural "allies have arrived to help you" event in that time, but I have called them in manually a few times.  I've found they're pretty much only useful to get the enemy raid to fire off their single-use rocket launchers at something I don't care about, and even then they don't always survive long enough for a full doomsday rocket aiming sequence.  Maybe the naturally spawned allies are stronger, or there's a lot of variance and I just haven't seen strong groups yet.  This is also on extreme, so if allies don't scale with the difficulty (in your favor) then I guess I wouldn't expect them to be particularly useful. 

mungoman

Haven't got to play much of 1.0 yet and missed some update logs so might be missing something here but does this mean you can no longer build relations with a prisoner without attempting to recruit?
I used to friendly chat prisoner with addictions or negative mood buffs like "saw friend killed" and then begin recruit attempts once they wore off, without having to wait to build up a good relation

EDIT: seems I'm not the only one feeling this way, should've checked first.
Also, I liked no interaction so that you could just feed that one useless guy until a slave trader came around or you had a sudden urge for a human leather armchair

Oblitus

No compromises!

[attachment deleted due to age]

Madman666

Well, while scars are indeed a problem, with healer serums being actually available (since quests aren't one way trips all the time anymore) and also since armor actually shrugging off hits, i find my pawns getting a lot less scars, once i get to plate\power armor. Usually they just get oneshot if the rng sucked for me. The only problem are brainshots, which helmets rarely save from and of course fingers flying in every fight.

Strangely i rarely get any feet injuries on my guys, though power armor indeed doesn't include cool space boots...