Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanilor

Not sure if it was already said or solved but one bug I found yesterday and forgot to add in my report:

Enemy mortars have the storage filter ITab so you can disallow all shells and they stop using it.

Destroy Alphabeavers

Extreme Desert events feel a little bit too well-sighted at you.

More than a week of toxic fallout kills most of the crops
After that, heat wave means nothing grows
Then, a 24 hour eclipse, followed by another heat wave
It feels as if all of these events, when in the desert, have perfect synergy to kill you through starvation. Maybe Cassandra should take into account that some events are much more powerful in certain conditions, and adjust accordingly, but only for a while, to let you establish yourself.

As for possible bugs, for some reason colonists at 0 recreation will refuse to do it sometimes, even if you change their schedule entirely to recreation. Could it be because they only had horseshoes and a table for social relaxation?

Tynan

Quote from: Destroy Alphabeavers on July 21, 2018, 07:23:03 AM
As for possible bugs, for some reason colonists at 0 recreation will refuse to do it sometimes, even if you change their schedule entirely to recreation. Could it be because they only had horseshoes and a table for social relaxation?

You should get a "boredom" alert for this case which explains it, don't you?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Ser Kitteh

I'm happy that the colonist bar is now rearrangeble but I feel there are some more improvements that can be done. A few things that would be really nice would be:

1. More little UI widgets. I'd like to see the colonist bar showing their weapons when drafted, maybe little mini-icons of what they're doing. Fire for cooking, a hand for hauling, a hammer for building, etc. The "background" for health is not very clear either because a reddish bar can mean anything to "a few clubbed bruises" to "literally missing an arm". Frankly, a missing limb should probably be a red alert indicator on the right side of the screen anyway.

1.1. Btw the green little lightbulb is waayyy too dark. I'd rather have a bright lightbulb or something.

2. The ability to rearrange is a godsend but it'd be a lot more preferable if you can "distance" the groups. It can be hard to remember which one's your best docs or which ones are your dedicated fighters. There's only so much clothes combination you can do before 500+ hours blurs all the colonists together.

3. You know what's great? Being able to rename your colonists' occupation. However because even with shorthands for a specific skill (Soc for Social, Tact for Melee/Shooter, Hand for animals, etc), it's hard to see the available names on the assignment tab because they get too long. I understand character spacing but being able to move the column just a tiny bit to the right is grand.

4. This is as an actual problem: when you rearrange the colonists in the colonist bar, it doesn't move them in the schedule/assignment tab. Preferably you can rearrange this in those tabs too but I'll take them following the left to right and up to down in the colonist bar too!

zizard

Quote from: Razzoriel on July 21, 2018, 12:38:10 AM
I was fine with one colonist down. But two, from two lancers being lucky roughly at the same time was just too much... gotta get those plate armors ASAP...

Plate armour does almost nothing vs CL due to AP.

ChJees

I noticed that when I use the wildlife tab and mark many animals for hunting like Oris from the Orassan mod it gets to the point where the alerts overlap it so i can no longer mark more. Should work the same if the animals are at the top too. If only there were some kind of "cooldown" between alerts of similar things.

tl;dr: Alerts overlap the Wilderness tab making it impossible to mark more for hunting\taming through there.

mlzovozlm

i just did a quick test with the new deadfall, n it's, say, rather useless now, the hit chance is pretty low, i generated 3 raids each with 10 raiders, putting traps outside perimeter walls, putting them in tunnel, putting them at choke points, and the result was that the deadfall traps barely triggered at all since the raiders just "accidentally"/"coincidentally" slipped through the gap

a way to "close off" the gap is to put sandbag/chunks or something in between, so that the raiders 'd have to step upon the traps, however, doing so 'd also affect your colonists pathing as well, not so viable

while reducing the ability/possibility of abusing traps sounds nice, seem to me the solution doesn't work, it's bugged btw, as mentionedby others, exclusion zone not work on unfinished traps

for me, traps 've been the main tool to deal with sappers by putting them at "designated weak wall spot", or putting it into mine to prevent insects, or putting them around turrets, especially sniper & autocannon, but now all those raiders, mechs, etc. can just slip through 'em all :|   

Tynan

New build! Mainly some balance changes, there's a bunch more planned, especially relating to friendly fire, wild men, traps, and hunting.

As always, please play it before commenting, and it'd be great if you noted your storyteller, difficulty level, whether it's a new save. Also I'd really love to see the "debug" history graphs for anyone's playthrough of any length. Thanks all.

---

Wild man fixes: -Tune wild man revenge-on-failed-tame chance. -Fix: Stats window doesn't show wild man revenge-on-tame or revenge-on-damage chances. -Fix: Wild man revenge letters have wrong text. -Fix: Wild man taming attempt text motes show spurious mood/opinion warnings. -Fix: Wild men who are imprisoned can hunt pawns in the prison cell for food (including the warden). Lol.
Reduce turret costs.
Reduce charge lance per-shot damage and increase fire rate a bit.
Misc balance: -Requested military aid is much more powerful. -Flak vest covers neck and shoulders. -EMP stuns a bit longer. -Buff packaged survival meals. -Increase quest frequency slightly. -Ease off midgame difficulty and flatten out the curve. -Increase prisoner chat frequency a bit. -Increase neck health and reduce its coverage a bit. -Speed up mining slightly. -Trap spring chances 80% -> 100%. -IEDs explode faster. -Buff IED explosion size and reduce warning time. -IEDs show their radius while placing and selecting. -Reduce accuracy of heavy charge blaster. -Slow down centipede to 1.9. -Speed up caravans and increase the speed bonus for light travel.
Adjust population intent, adaptation rollback from downed pawn, Randy incident density.
Rename indoorsman to undergrounder.
Nerf outdoors need and reduce random chance of indoorsman trait (still attached to various backstories).
Storyteller select screen text adjustments.
Fix: Can place trap next to trap frame.
Scenario.ExposeData() now removes null ScenParts.
Fix: Carried mass is sometimes calculated incorrectly while trading.
Fix: Wild men harvest hops even though they can't eat them.
Better WorldRenderer error handling.
Better error handling for invalid mods. GenUI.ErrorDialog() no longer causes errors if WindowStack is not initialized yet.
Added some extra exception handling for when a map fails to load.
Fix: Pinned messages cause errors during loading.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Lanilor

I just remember getting an error yesterday when I want to send a drop pod back from an incident map to my main base. I don't know the error message anymore, but it should be easy to reproduce:
1. Get a caravan on an incident map (in my case a prison resque and an item stash)
2. Build a drop pod launcher and drop pod
3. Fill it and click launch
4. Now on the world map, hover the main base with the mouse --> error each tick

--

Another thing I just noticed and I guess it is not intended: After a cold snap the temperature is now at 15°C but I still can't plant on a growing zone because of "bad seasonal temperature". It currently is a volcanic winter with a current light level of 93%. Not sure if that has to do with it. Wild plants grow with 86%, so 100% from temperature and -14% from the missing sunlight. I have a backup save of this if you need it.

lauri7x3

so i stumbled upon a pawn who had construction 5 in his charpage, but only constr 4 in the worktab and he couldnt construct lvl 5 blueprints (heater)

5thHorseman

I have no idea what this means but it occurred right after I forced this guy to make a cooler. He botched the job (possibly because he has food poisoning) and then went to eat a meal. It didn't crash the game or anything and when I went to check on the colonist, they were on their way to the fridge to pick up a simple meal. There were no fine meals in storage.

RimWorld 1.0.1971 rev1391
Verse.Log:Message(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:49)
RimWorld.VersionControl:LogVersionNumber() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Utility\Version\VersionControl.cs:83)
Verse.Root:CheckGlobalInit() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:82)
Verse.Root:Start() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:38)
Verse.Root_Entry:Start() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Entry.cs:16)

Mods config data is from build 1970 while we are at build 1971. Resetting.
Verse.Log:Message(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:49)
Verse.ModsConfig:.cctor() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModsConfig.cs:49)
Verse.LoadedModManager:InitializeMods() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\LoadedModManager.cs:92)
Verse.LoadedModManager:InitializeMods() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\LoadedModManager.cs:64)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\LoadedModManager.cs:35)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:92)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:32)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:58)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:455)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:367)

Loading game from file The DoomedToo with mods Core
Verse.SavedGameLoaderNow:LoadGameFromSaveFileNow(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\MapIniter\SavedGameLoaderNow.cs:19)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__0() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:46)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:455)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:367)

Loaded file (Map) is from version 1.0.1970 rev1261, we are running version 1.0.1971 rev1391.
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:59)
Verse.ScribeMetaHeaderUtility:LoadGameDataHeader(ScribeHeaderMode, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\ScribeMetaHeaderUtility.cs:86)
Verse.SavedGameLoaderNow:LoadGameFromSaveFileNow(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\MapIniter\SavedGameLoaderNow.cs:33)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__0() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:46)

Could not load reference to RimWorld.TraitDef named Indoorsman
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.ScribeExtractor:DefFromNode(XmlNode) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Loader\ScribeExtractor.cs:49)
Verse.Scribe_Defs:Look(TraitDef&, String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Scribe_Defs.cs:26)
RimWorld.Trait:ExposeData() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Pawn\Trackers\Traits\Trait.cs:36)
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode(XmlNode, Object[]) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Loader\ScribeExtractor.cs:122)
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look(List`1&, Boolean, String, LookMode, Object[]) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Scribe_Collections.cs:128)
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look(List`1&, String, LookMode, Object[]) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Scribe_Collections.cs:13)
RimWorld.TraitSet:ExposeData() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Pawn\Trackers\Traits\TraitsSet.cs:26)
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode(XmlNode, Object[]) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Loader\ScribeExtractor.cs:122)
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(TraitSet&, Boolean, String, Object[]) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Scribe_Deep.cs:87)
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(TraitSet&, String, Object[]) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Scribe_Deep.cs:14)
RimWorld.Pawn_StoryTracker:ExposeData() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Pawn\Story\Pawn_StoryTracker.cs:187)
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(Pawn_StoryTracker&, Boolean, String, Object[]) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Scribe_Deep.cs:87)
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(Pawn_StoryTracker&, String, Object[]) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Scribe_Deep.cs:14)
Verse.Pawn:ExposeData() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Pawn\Pawn.cs:369)
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look(List`1&, Boolean, String, LookMode, Object[]) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Scribe_Collections.cs:128)
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look(HashSet`1&, Boolean, String, LookMode) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Scribe_Collections.cs:437)
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look(HashSet`1&, String, LookMode) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Scribe_Collections.cs:416)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns:ExposeData() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Planet\WorldPawns.cs:136)
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(WorldPawns&, Boolean, String, Object[]) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Scribe_Deep.cs:87)
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(WorldPawns&, String, Object[]) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Scribe_Deep.cs:14)
RimWorld.Planet.World:ExposeComponents() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Planet\World.cs:108)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenStep_Components:GenerateFromScribe(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Planet\WorldGen\WorldGenSteps\WorldGenStep_Components.cs:23)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator:GenerateFromScribe(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Planet\WorldGen\WorldGenerator.cs:133)
RimWorld.Planet.World:ExposeData() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Planet\World.cs:97)
Verse.Game:LoadGame() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:414)
Verse.SavedGameLoaderNow:LoadGameFromSaveFileNow(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\MapIniter\SavedGameLoaderNow.cs:39)

Could not reserve Thing_MealFine535562(current stack count: 1) (layer: null) for Gubia for job Ingest (Job_4445629) A=Thing_MealFine535562 (now doing job Ingest (Job_4445629) A=Thing_MealFine535562(curToil=-1)) for maxPawns 1 and stackCount -1. Existing reserver: Hollis doing job Ingest (Job_4448970) A=Thing_MealFine535562 (toilIndex=4)
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.AI.ReservationManager:LogCouldNotReserveError(Pawn, Job, LocalTargetInfo, Int32, Int32, ReservationLayerDef) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Reservation\ReservationManager.cs:638)
Verse.AI.ReservationManager:Reserve(Pawn, Job, LocalTargetInfo, Int32, Int32, ReservationLayerDef) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Reservation\ReservationManager.cs:332)
Verse.AI.ReservationUtility:Reserve(Pawn, LocalTargetInfo, Job, Int32, Int32, ReservationLayerDef) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Reservation\ReservationUtility.cs:40)
RimWorld.JobDriver_Ingest:TryMakePreToilReservations() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\AI\JobDrivers\SatisfyNeeds\JobDriver_Ingest.cs:86)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartJob(Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef, Nullable`1, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:268)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:519)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:391)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:120)
Verse.Pawn:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Pawn\Pawn.cs:556)
Verse.TickList:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickList.cs:125)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:297)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:261)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:512)
Verse.Root_Play:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:99)
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Toast

I haven't kept up with this enormous thread so apologies if these topics are well-worn but here's my experience so far.

Started a crashland scenario about a week ago, Phoebe Rough, flat arid scrubland biome with year-round growing. Zero mods. This is on a Mac.

~Things that are probably bugs!~

* Ye olde bugge of the display settings not "sticking" after quitting the game is still in effect (I think this always was a Mac thing). Whenever I start the game it's on some random resolution and I have to reset it, every time.

* One of my colonists has been receiving work experience in work she has never, ever done: cooking. She has two flames in it but was more valuable in other skills so has never once touched a stove or butcher table or made wort or anything, but since starting with the unstable version she has gone from 4 skill to 8. Maybe this is just a weird artifact of the game version constantly updating but it's bizarre that it affects, to my knowledge, only that colonist and that skill.

* Another colonist is getting the "disturbed sleep" debuff from *his wife*. Shouldn't this be impossible? I've checked and it's definitely his wife causing it and not a passer-by. This is happening while they are both at +40 relationship with each other (they were never the most lovey dovey couple but they are definitely still married and still on speaking terms) and sleeping in the same bed.

~Plants 'n' AMINALS!~

* Planting trees is just awful now. In the low-wood arid biome it's a necessity if you want to have any wood at all. I'm not planting a forest, just trying to maintain about 20 trees for power outage torches and the like, but it's dreadful with few growers. It's nice to be able to plant saguaro now! But I have a grower with 17 skill and it still takes him hours to get one damn cactus in the ground. He misses meals, sleep, and joy time if I don't manually snap him out of his tree trance, and all of the labor he's done is completely wasted if I do. I don't know why tree planting has to be punished, but if the punishment must continue, it would be nice to at least have some manner of saving your progress on planting, the way that advanced crafting tasks leave a little object to be picked up and worked on again later. Maybe a little sapling in the ground or whatever.

* I sort of like the new mechanic for tamed animals going wild if not constantly trained. It makes sense for self-tamed animals especially. It always seemed... unlikely that a thrumbo or bear would just wander in and be 100% tame all of a sudden. A couple of boomalopes self-tamed for me and I was having a hard time getting them to stay with my low-animal-skilled pawns--which makes sense! Then a high animal skill pawn dropped in a drop pod crash event and I ended up recruiting him specifically for that purpose when ordinarily I might not have. The animals skill feels more important to me now.

* Holy wow, hunting got so much less crappy. Now I can see exactly how likely it is that a beast will try to take a bite out of my hunter. The wildlife tab is amazing too. Now I don't have to do a manual full-screen scan for predators every damn morning. Excellent quality of life advancements all around. Looks like it's still being fine tuned as it has changed a few times over my playthrough but I REALLY like the direction of more transparency in animal threats, it removes so much tedium and irritation from the game.

* Just a random thing I've noticed from playing in dry biomes a lot: Megascarabs are still incapable of feeding themselves naturally because they are not set to consume living plants, only plant products and other stuff. So it means that they are the most annoying pests on a dry map, because they will ALWAYS try to steal your food if it isn't walled off, because it's the only thing they can eat! And if none of your food is available, they will just leave the map after a few days. Is this intentional? Why would they be living somewhere they can't eat anything naturally?  :o

~Ostensibly human pawns!~

* This is so petty but I'm just so overjoyed that Sheriffs aren't useless now. One of my starting colonists was a sheriff and she cooks and hauls and DOES THINGS besides wandering around picking her nose between raids (or, more accurately, getting left to rot on the exploded ship in character creation because of complete uselessness).

* The "resistance" system for recruiting is hard for me to comment on because Phoebe has blessed me with so many recruitment inspirations that I have only really experienced it with one prisoner. Conceptually I like the change (makes sense that you need to give some time for Stockholm Syndrome to set in before you can sway the helpless dupes to your side  :P ) but in practice it seems like wearing down resistance goes slower than you expect because the prisoner is in a low mood just due to injuries and pain, because they are either recovering from a raid or from crashing from the sky. The nicest prison cell in the world can't make a fractured pelvis feel better. But so far, it still seems preferable to every decent pawn having 99% recruitment difficulty.

* I'm not sure I quite understand the new faction mechanics--haven't gotten anyone to be my ally despite finishing quests for them and stuff. But I did get two "rough" factions to stop raiding me with peace talks, and it really felt nice to have interactions with the other people on the planet besides "grr you die now" or "beep boop please insert payment." Almost like they are, y'know, people.

~Caravans~

* THEY SUCK A LOT LESS. The formation screen is 1000 times better. More transparency about mechanics, more information, very very good changes. Automatic foraging and the resting command are nice touches that remove the monotony of needing to make camp in some situations. And the one ambush I've run into was actually reasonable and manageable with traveling gear, instead of being a massive instadeath clump of assholes with flamethrowers (I've had... bad experiences with caravans in the past).

* There is one thing I still always look for and am disappointed when it's not there, and it's the ability to see a drop pod's drop distance *before* assembling a caravan. I'm not sure how high I need to fill the chemfuel tanks for us to be able to reach the neighbors directly by podding in (I don't have the trees or manpower to have a steady chemfuel supply so it's important to conserve it). Is there some way to do this and I just haven't figured it out?

* Dunno if it's Phoebe, or random luck, or an intentional change, but visiting caravan and orbital trader frequency has been higher this playthrough and it's nice. The traders also seem willing to buy more categories of things than they did in B18 (if I'm remembering right). Even though they won't buy corpse stuff anymore I'm finding it easier to sell what I've got instead of having to build giant damn storerooms everywhere. This is good.

That's all I can think of right now. In general, changes are mostly good and I'm excited for the future. Here's the graph requested, sorry for the crappy picture quality:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/946203981948715537/71C4FDCB9EF679595A2E60DE4FE7BA23790C9A29/

lauri7x3

insects are attacking me because they die of roof collaps and hypothermia.. thats just a joke

Dashthechinchilla

Updating to the current version, I have a few trait errors. Which tends to happen when traits are modified on a live save. I have one pawn with two nimble traits, and someone who has brawler who didn't before.

erdrik

Imma about to go try the new update, and I know things should be based on play first then report experience.
But I just wanted to mention this because its more about the name of indoorsman/ undergrounder, and I don't think that needs a play experience to comment on?

Anywho I feel like "homebody" would be a better name.