Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ser Kitteh

Bug: Handler insists on training animals that have been designated as pack animals, following them to train them until the edge of the map.

5thHorseman

I got the FineMeal error again. This time I paused the moment it happened. I have no fine meals in stock but I did have some before. Not sure if they disappeared or were just taken by other colonists.

EDIT I just noticed that while she's carrying a Simple Meal in her gear, it says she's carrying a Fine Meal in her little info box.

Loading game from file The DoomedToo with mods Core
Verse.Log:Message(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:49)
Verse.SavedGameLoaderNow:LoadGameFromSaveFileNow(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\MapIniter\SavedGameLoaderNow.cs:19)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__0() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:46)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:455)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:367)

Could not reserve Thing_MealFine580842(current stack count: 1) (layer: null) for Ian for job Ingest (Job_4868288) A=Thing_MealFine580842 (now doing job Ingest (Job_4868288) A=Thing_MealFine580842(curToil=5)) for maxPawns 1 and stackCount -1. Existing reserver: Hollis doing job Ingest (Job_4868291) A=Thing_MealFine580842 (toilIndex=4)
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.AI.ReservationManager:LogCouldNotReserveError(Pawn, Job, LocalTargetInfo, Int32, Int32, ReservationLayerDef) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Reservation\ReservationManager.cs:638)
Verse.AI.ReservationManager:Reserve(Pawn, Job, LocalTargetInfo, Int32, Int32, ReservationLayerDef) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Reservation\ReservationManager.cs:332)
Verse.AI.ReservationUtility:Reserve(Pawn, LocalTargetInfo, Job, Int32, Int32, ReservationLayerDef) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Reservation\ReservationUtility.cs:40)
Verse.Pawn_CarryTracker:TryStartCarry(Thing, Int32, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Pawn\Trackers\Pawn_CarryTracker.cs:123)
RimWorld.<PickupIngestible>c__AnonStorey1:<>m__0() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\AI\JobDrivers\SatisfyNeeds\Toils_Ingest.cs:63)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:461)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:364)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:593)
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pathing\Pawn_PathFollower.cs:428)
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pathing\Pawn_PathFollower.cs:527)
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pathing\Pawn_PathFollower.cs:286)
Verse.Pawn:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Pawn\Pawn.cs:541)
Verse.TickList:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickList.cs:125)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:297)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:261)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:512)
Verse.Root_Play:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:99)

[attachment deleted due to age]
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Karmos

I had a pawn have his waist cut off (???) and now he can no longer wear belts. Lol. Probably a bug. (see screenshots)

Enemies that spawn during a cold snap are not adequately prepared for the weather and get hypothermia.

I had an enemy pawn attack a manhunting animal with a doomsday rocket launcher a blow himself and a bunch of his friends up. (screenshot 3)

I also found that if you hit sieging enemies with mortars before they set up camp you can disrupt them and make them wander around in confusion for a bit before they continue on to their siege location and start building things. It makes dealing with sieges too easy if you have a few mortars.

roben

My current colony is in the desert, which is a rather tough biome due to heat (including reduced open air growing time), nearly no vegetation and wild animals, a lack of wood and sand patches where nothing can be built. But that's why I chose it ;)

Anyways, I noticed during this play through that Power Armor gives a rather poor heat insulation, despite its high tech fanciness. Not sure if this is intended and why, but imho it makes those hot biomes even harder, but not in a fun way. I recall that this was different in earlier versions.

fritzgryphon

Quote from: lauri7x3 on July 21, 2018, 12:18:05 PM
insects are attacking me because they die of roof collaps and hypothermia.. thats just a joke

Of course they want to get into your nice warm base.

Lanilor

I like that on the stats window from items the right column now changes when hovering a stat left. But it also show the tooltip with the same content after a while. So that is now redundant and also somewhat annoying when I just hover, want to read the text and it gets overlaid by the tooltip.

I researched devilstrand relatively early this game and just planted a lot of them outside my base since it is also very fast to plant. Now after a while I could harvest them and now I could instantly give everyone a devilstrand apparel set which has also more protection than any leather I have (apart from thrumbo). I feel this is too easy to get and/or too impactful.
It would be nice if other rare leathers are still a bit better, like rhino leather. Or alternatively devilstrand needs more time to plant or needs more than 100% fertility, so the plant area is limited and I can't just spam big fields and get rich. It doesn't really help that it takes a long time to grow, it's just more waiting.

For research, the high research numbers on later techs are deterring when looking at them but somewhat fair. There was a discussion earlier that one can still rush the techs to make research faster and it indeed temps to do it but I think it is not a good idea on higher difficulties. There is a lot other stuff needed and I had trouble when trying to rush microelectronics early, because I fell back on everything else. Getting to microelectronics costs nearly the same as getting blowback weapons and flak armor. So you can choose between faster research and good equipment and since on higher difficulties bad equipments mean probably the end of the game, rushing multi-analyzer is not worth it. (This is from naked start on extreme. Crashlanded might be different when you already start with some good equipment.)
I think research actually goes into the right direction that key-techs are an impactful thing and it is an impactful decision when to research for them and when to do other stuff.

gadjung

traders still have troubles recognizing where my base is.
they prefer to hang out near mini-containment zone i set up against poison ship, rather than close/at my base

jamaicancastle

Quote from: Toast on July 21, 2018, 11:23:00 AM
* Planting trees is just awful now. In the low-wood arid biome it's a necessity if you want to have any wood at all. I'm not planting a forest, just trying to maintain about 20 trees for power outage torches and the like, but it's dreadful with few growers. It's nice to be able to plant saguaro now! But I have a grower with 17 skill and it still takes him hours to get one damn cactus in the ground. He misses meals, sleep, and joy time if I don't manually snap him out of his tree trance, and all of the labor he's done is completely wasted if I do. I don't know why tree planting has to be punished, but if the punishment must continue, it would be nice to at least have some manner of saving your progress on planting, the way that advanced crafting tasks leave a little object to be picked up and worked on again later. Maybe a little sapling in the ground or whatever.
I have to agree that the problem isn't the amount of work per se, it's that it's in this huge block that a) makes it virtually impossible for your pawns to handle their hunger/rest/joy properly and b) blows past the protections that are supposed to stop pawns from taking work while they're about to be hungry/tired/bored. (That is, your pawn won't go start working on a duster or building a chair while they're hovering just over the "hungry" range; they'll go eat first and then work, like sensible people. Tree sowing doesn't allow that, I think because the "will be hungry (etc.) soon" check doesn't look far enough in the future.) It's also very punitive if, e.g., a raid happens and you need to draft your grower, losing hours of tree work in the process.

My personal suggestion would be to make artificially planted trees require periodic maintenance, like hives do, or they stop growing/die off. That way the total work/wood ratio can be arbitrarily high, so wood isn't too plentiful, but the work is in more easily digestible chunks that play better with pawns' (usually quite reasonable) autonomous time management. I don't know if it will bother people that their trees need tending but not wild ones, though.

A RANG MA

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on July 21, 2018, 12:51:55 PM
Bug: Handler insists on training animals that have been designated as pack animals, following them to train them until the edge of the map.

In 1.0 animals need to be trained to prevent them from reverting back to wildness. That's probably why your handler is going out of his way to train those animals.

Koek

Bug: Don't know if this is mentioned or not, but when my pawns are sleeping in their 4x4 roofed room on a sleeping spot, their 'spacious' bar is maxed out showing outdoors and they have the 'spacious interior' mood buff.
I checked and they do NOT have the indoors/undergrounder trait.

Edit: their room does not have a floor yet, so they are sleeping on a sleeping spot on the dirt.

Zombull

Tynan please reconsider the "rotting because outdoors" thing even when the items are safely protected by a roof. I don't know what problem you were trying to solve by going that route but it's silly and just damned annoying.

NeverPire

Quote from: Zombull on July 21, 2018, 04:13:49 PM
Tynan please reconsider the "rotting because outdoors" thing even when the items are safely protected by a roof. I don't know what problem you were trying to solve by going that route but it's silly and just damned annoying.
I agree. In the real life, a porch roof or even any roof is enough to protect items from the weather.
The lack of walls don't affect the quality of items stored.
Only extremes temperatures could damaged outdoors items, and only the most temperature sensitive.

I guess you have designed this to prevent a too simple kind of storage. But don't forget that this unclosed storage is already really weak against stealing and wild animals foraging and so doesn't need to be nerfed, at least in my opinion. I was using it extensively until the 1.0 and it was really usefull to store wood, hay and other ressources coming in large quantities.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Serenity

Quote from: NeverPire on July 21, 2018, 04:48:10 PM
In the real life, a porch roof or even any roof is enough to protect items from the weather.
Especially wood

Danno

Quote from: Zombull on July 21, 2018, 04:13:49 PM

I just created this account so i could agree with you

Greep

Starting a new fort, and I got a psychic ship during a toxic fallout with a somewhat difficult mix of enemies.  I decided to summon some friendlies since even if this was doable it was a bit more risk than I wanted to take on.

Looks like called friendlies scale which is awesome, but the scale is a bit (at least double) too much on the high side atm.  Those mechanoids didn't know what hit them  ::)

If friendlies are going to be part of the mid/endgame, then rescued friendlies should also probably have faction gain reduced to ~1-2 as opposed to the currrent 15 or so.  Friendly death farming, while amusing, is probably not very balanced.

1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0