Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wintersdark

Hmmm.  Rescued a escape pod guy, healed him up, then he immediately walks right over multiple traps. 

Shouldn't friendly - blue named - pawns avoid traps?

Healed him up, then he immediately walked over the same traps again.  Healed him again, left those traps un-set, and he took a totally different path out.... through more traps and died. 

JohnLG

In my experience, I either want the prisoners to have the best meals available, or I build a nutrient paste dispenser that the prisoners can use themselves so I don't have to haul food in there constantly.  I don't feel like any change is needed, but I guess other people might find that kind of thing useful. 

Jstank

Quote from: Wintersdark on July 22, 2018, 12:58:19 AM
Hmmm.  Rescued a escape pod guy, healed him up, then he immediately walks right over multiple traps. 

Exiting Guests (rescues) are still hitting traps can confirm!
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

mndfreeze

Quote from: JohnLG on July 22, 2018, 01:09:41 AM
In my experience, I either want the prisoners to have the best meals available, or I build a nutrient paste dispenser that the prisoners can use themselves so I don't have to haul food in there constantly.  I don't feel like any change is needed, but I guess other people might find that kind of thing useful.

I usually play tribal. By the time I have the opportunity to think about a nutrient paste dispenser I'm at a point where I don't need or want it.  I find the nutrient dispenser more of a luxury item for most games unless I'm playing specific scenarios or situations where cooking isn't an easy option.

Before mood mattered for prisoners I would have preferred they ate the least important stuff by default if we didn't get to choose, but now that it actually matters we should be given a little control over it IMO.  Mood is a variable we are expected to use/take advantage of for recruitment, food is required for prisoners to survive, choosing which food we give them seems like a logical step.

Toast

Wow, food poisoning seems way over-tuned now. The pawn is absolutely useless for an entire day--and, ok, I get it, I've had bad food poisoning and you feel like you're gonna die. But the problem is you can't just tell them to go to bed and sleep it off, because clicking on a medical bed just shows "no injuries" or whatever. So they drag their useless slow ass all over the base, leaving piles of puke everywhere and fumbling every task. They are also frequently unable to finish eating a meal before they have to throw up again, so they spend hours and hours trying to eat and just getting hungrier and hungrier. I think food poisoning did need a little more intensity, but this seems like too much.

erdrik

Lol. One of my colonists got pelted by an auto pistol weilding raider with 16 shooting skill 6 times, so I un-drafted him so he could retreat and get patched up. Dude avoids getting further shot up moving away from the firing line, but 5 tiles away... gets struck by lightning. He just having a real bad day. Had to pull back the line to rescue him. He'll pull through but he gun' be out for awhile! XD

Marstannum

Disclaimer:
First, I'm a noob.  I've played two colonies that lasted more than a year before I started this one, with one of those in B18 and the other in 1.0.  I make suboptimal decisions and fail to do "obvious" things but I think there isn't enough non-veteran presence in here, so I'm putting myself out there.  Go team noob!  I'm going to be playing fairly cautiously, both because I tend to get attached to my characters in games and because I don't intend to "save scum" unless something really crazy happens.

Second, I didn't start doing screenshots until a little ways in, but there's one a day of the whole map starting on day 10.

Third, I'm including a lot of info on my play experiences/thoughts on purpose.  There's going to be a lot of text after this even though this post is just my first year.  It's massive, sorry!

Starting build: 1.0.1968
Mods: Numbers, which is strictly an informational UI tab
Cassandra Medium, Crashlanded
Tropical Rainforest, Flat, River

I spend a good bit of time in the character selection screen playing with my options and get a halfway decent team together.  A fast walking industrious male medic with high shooting (Glasses), a tough gourmand female cook with passion in a bunch of useful tasks (Mel), and depressive but fast learning and fast moving female builder/crafter who can also mine and research (Sarai).  I'm lacking in social, but I'm hoping I can get someone to fill that gap before too long.  When the team's ready I pick a tropical rainforest (because I've never played on one before) tile on a river that's near a road and a handful of other settlements and get started.

Day 1: Ugh.  There's one decent sized patch of rich soil and it's really far from my starting location and the river.  Guess I'll have to do without this time.  On the plus side there are two geothermal vents fairly close together and not far from the river, so I decide to start my base there in between them.

There's a ton of wildlife and plant life here, which is such a welcome change from my last game (Arid Shrublands), where I ran out of wood almost immediately and had a hard time keeping enough meat in supply later on.  I can tell those won't be issues on this map.

Note: Glasses has a "Hard worker vs lazy" social debuff against both of the other two, even though neither of them have the lazy trait.  I assume that's because he's two steps harder working than they are?

Day 4: Visitor named Cat came by with a few items to trade.  I bought some pemmican to give myself a little more cushion to get refrigeration up and running.  I'm going for watermills to start with since I'm not too far from the river.

Mel decided we should have a name, so now we do.  Welcome to Greenwater Fen, home of the Dawn Republic.

Day 5: A mad rat appeared and was instantly killed by Sarai, who was nearby.

Day 7: Our first raid!  One pirate with good shooting but a really crappy autopistol.  He's got some really good stats, even if he doesn't have social either, so I'm hoping I can capture him.

Managed to capture McDowell the Pirate, but Sarai shot his eye out in the process.  Ah well, I'll still give the new recruitment thing a try, especially since I only have three pawns and I favor big colonies in general.  I didn't have much set up for living space or rooms yet so I had to move everyone's bed out of the barracks and into the common area so I could lock McDowell up there instead.

Day 9: The colony wakes up to some cargo pods with megasloth wool.  I'll take it.

Later the same day a group of tribespeople wanders by, but they don't have anything to trade.

Just checked on Mel, who's been feeding and working on McDowell's resistance.  In her social tab: "Mel promised intimacy to McDowell, and asked him to join."  Mel!  He's more than twice your age!

[Updated to 1.0.1969 and added "Progress Renderer" mod for easy progress screenshots]

Day 12:  I'm starting to realize the complications of having my best cook be the same person as my best plant cutter and my best warden.  I've had a low food warning for a couple of days now because I'm trying to juggle Mel between duties and apparently not doing a great job of it.  Going to let her focus on cooking for a bit and put a hold on construction until Sarai gets enough stone block made to use instead.

Day 14:  Raid time!  This one shows up exactly at midnight, another lone pirate.  Bah.  She has absolutely awful stats, so I guess McDowell won't be getting any cellmates.  I almost feel bad for how quickly they trounced her.  Ah well, back to bed everyone!

Food shortage continues, just barely keeping above starvation despite Mel cooking full time and Glasses hunting as she runs out of things to butcher.  I don't remember having this much trouble with food in either of my previous games.  I wonder if it's just a case of not having a competent harvester to go nab berries while someone else cooks.

McDowell is still above 10% recruit resistance.  I could really use another competent member right now but I do think it's more realistic that a captured enemy won't just flip sides immediately now.

Day 15:  As midnight hits I get two plague notifications.  It's Mel and McDowell.  McDowell is a whatever but Mel is a huge loss even if it's just her recovery time.  Just have to see how it goes, but only 40% tend quality on her does not bode well.

Glasses, the doc, got food poisoning from eating raw meat since we don't have a cook.

Day 16: Again right at midnight (this is getting a bit odd) a 28 year old bartender named Tom is looking for shelter from pirates.  I'm going to risk it, hoping that Tom can help with cooking duties and handle social duties.  The plague immunity progress looks promising on both patients, too.

Tom's a mixed bag.  He only has 2 in cooking (from the Bartender bonus) but he's a better doctor than Glasses and has a 9 social with burning passion in both.  But that high medical isn't just from his Medical Assistant childhood; he also has Sickly.

Two raiders this time, one of whom looks fairly strong, but Sarai, Glasses, and Tom (with McDowell's crappy autopistol) take them down easily enough.

As if on cue, Mel has the corpse obsession mental break (and my one grave is way over on the edge of the map) and McDowell gets the flu to go with his plague right as the raiders fall.  Great.  I have never been hammered like this before in the early game, but I'm guessing it's because of the disease chance in the rainforest.  I truly don't know which is worse for the plague, getting the crap kicked out of you and arrested or walking across the map to dig up a corpse.  Her immunity has a 14% lead on the disease, so I risk letting her go.

One of the raiders, Feeb, survived so I put her on a sleeping spot in McDowell's cell since she's a cook and I need one of those who isn't Mel pretty badly.  Of course, she has a permanent eye injury from the fighting as well, but at least it's only half of her vision in that eye.

Tom decides that now, at 4am with two plague patients—one with the flu and the other out digging up a dead raider—a doc with food poisoning, near starvation conditions, and another prisoner who he's actively treating for life-threatening wounds, is a good time to throw a party.  I've decided I like Tom.  When I think about it, I totally get his wanting to throw a "Hooray, I'm alive!" party.  I'm only sorry I don't have any booze for the poor bugger.

It just occurred to me that the food and wood problems might both be caused in part by all the extra plant life.  The pawns might be so busy cutting down useless stuff to clear building areas that they don't have time to harvest the stuff they need.  I don't know, but I'll try to keep my eye on it.
Aaaand Mel, who went off to grab a corpse, brings it back and plops it down on the table right in the middle of the party.  Amazing.  I'm cracking up.

Whew!  Both Mel and McDowell have hit 100% immunity on their plague.

Mad tortoise!  Holy crap has this been an eventful day, and it's not even nighttime yet (15h).

[Updated to 1.0.1970]

Still Day 16, 21h: The killer tortoise fiiiinally made its way to the base, interrupting a spirited game of horseshoes.  Poor Sarai got bit on the leg, but the turtle has been dealt with.

Day 17:  Just as I was thinking it was nice to have a little bit of calm for a day, another raid notice pops up at 15h.  Just a single tribal type with a shortbow.  Note:  The shortbow has a typo in the description (it says "A simple short selfbow made from a single piece of wood").  Since she wants to "prepare" before she attacks I go on with my day for a bit, trying to give my best fighter a chance to finish harvesting some berries.

Right as he harvests the last one she decides to attack.  She does not live to regret the decision.

A wild man wanders in right before the raider goes down, an engineer named Zeiph.  He's got decent skills and I'm starting to get on top of the food situation, but I don't have anyone with high enough Animal skill to try it.  Bah.  Love the new Wild Man event, though!

Day 19:  A cassowary takes offense to Glasses hunting it and goes on the attack.  Unfortunately for it, it was right in front of the settlement's main room and all four colonists gang up on it without me even having to intervene.

Day 20:  Finally have a walled area near enough to done that I can get some farming started.  Yes, I should have had this done an age ago, especially since I've been having some food struggles.  With Mel as my only half-decent farmer I'll have to switch her back and forth between sowing and cooking but it's better than not having any food crops at all.

Female psychic soothe event!  Mel and Sarai should be happier for a while, at least.

Day 21:  Thrumbo wanders in.

McDowell's resistance is finally gone thanks to Tom's not-terrible people skills.  Hopefully I can get him soon.  Mel could definitely use a hand keeping this lot fed.

Eclipse event happens, meaning my rice is getting delayed by a day.

Day 22:  Woo!  Finally get McDowell to join!  Tom succeeds with a 56% chance.  McDowell's difficulty is in the 60s, I think, with mood right around half

I'm out of meat and the wildlife tab, while packed, has nothing safe left on it.  We're down to a bunch of elephants, a bunch of rhinoceros, the thrumbo, and the wild man.  I'd go after a lone elephant or rhinoceros, but there's more than 10 of each and that would end me if they all got revenge.  Hopefully we can keep fed on berries until the rice starts coming in.

Day 23:  Blight.  Have to scrap some of the rice now, and hope I get it before it spreads.

Zeiph, the wild man who's been hanging around for a while, decides that Glasses looks tasty.  Glasses has time enough for several shots with his starter bolt-action but Glasses fails to hit Zeiph even once before he's forced into melee. Then for some reason Glasses just stands there getting beat on until I manually order him to melee attack Zeiph.  McDowell gets there and starts whacking on Zeiph, too, and Zeiph gets revenge status, thankfully leaving Glasses alone before he goes down.  Unfortunately, Zeiph dies to the rifle and revolver bruises.

Tom catches malaria, probably because of the Sickly trait.

I have 13 medicine left.  I would reeeeally love to see a trader with some medicine or healroot about now.  The last visitor with anything to trade was on Day 4, 19 days ago, and I have yet to see a single caravan.

Even though I have both Patient and Bed Rest set to max priority, Tom decides he'd rather relax socially.  I change his bed to medical and set resting as a priority so he'll go lay down.

Day 24:  Raid at 2am.  Two tribals—one with a poor bow at full HP and another with a poor steel knife at 37%—who are going to "prepare" first.  Neither are terrible stat-wise, though one's abrasive and the other has an annoying voice and a peg leg.  I leave them alone for now since they're off in a far corner and I'll have plenty of time to draft and position.  When they finally attack a few hours later the abrasive one is killed outright at range and the other flees.

Day 25:  Still no wildlife other than the herd of elephants and the other of rhinos.

I'm doing a ton of berry harvesting since the rice still isn't ready and I'm starting to become really frustrated by the ingredient fetching AI.  I keep having to tell my cook to haul the berries in first instead of walking across the map, grabbing only what she needs for cooking but leaving the rest only to do the same thing again next time.  My main hauler has malaria and the secondary is one of the two doing the harvesting or this might not be so bad.  I may just "promote" Sarai to temporary hauling duties.

I have the Low Medicine indicator up next to the Low Food indicator now, but at least Tom is almost over that Malaria.

Day 26:  Mel gets food poisoning.  And then gets it again later the same day.  The first time due to a dirty kitchen (Tom is the main cleaner and he's only just now back on his feet) and the second to "incompetent cook".  At least she only has herself to blame!

Noticed a social message that has an error in it: "Glasses charmed Glasses by telling a tale about the connection between the disappointment of life and society.  Sarai turned her back."  Absolutely love the new social messages, by the way.

Day 27: A trader!  And there's a bug in the letter.  It says "Combat supplier from East Hirahiler (relationship)" instead of saying the relationship.  I'm back up to 20 on medicine.

Tom finally breaks through Feeb's resistance and can start recruiting.

Something I'm noticing... Pawns get a mood debuff for being wet, but when they're attending to their recreation they often go wading around in the river of their own accord.  If they hate it so much, why do they keep doing it?

Day 28:  Good portion of rice finally ready to harvest.  Now maybe my poor colonists can spend less time harvesting and hauling berries all over the map.

Still no wildlife besides the elephants and rhinos.

Oh, nice!  It looks like McDowell's finally got Plants high enough to grow healroot!

Day 31:  Two quadrums in, and the settlement is finally really starting to get its feet under it.  This is definitely the toughest of the three starts I've had, even more than the last one in Arid Scrubland with the wood shortage issues.  It's almost certainly mostly my own fault for not having growing areas up soon enough.  I was trying to avoid a repeat of the issue in the Arid Scrubland where every animal on the map ate my crops as soon as I planted them, but it occurs to me in hindsight that there's plenty of food around for them on this map.  At least I've learned that lesson.

Feeb joins!  Tom succeeds with a 13% chance.  She had 98% difficulty, but I hadn't checked on her mood in a while so I can't speak on that.  Now we have another decent cook, and someone who can get good at handling animals.

Day 33:  Still nothing out there but elephants and rhinos.

We get our first caravan quest, a request for us to destroy a bandit camp within 15 days in exchange for an orbital targeter (!!).  If we'd had a little more time to get on our feet first after my poor start I'd feel better about trying it.  On the other hand, it only has one enemy...

Eh, what the hell.  I get Glasses and McDowell to start loading up.

Day 35:  While on the quest map heading towards the outpost, McDowell contracts the plague.  Ouch.

The attack itself  goes incredibly well.  Rather than risk the trip back just yet I claim the enemy base and get started tending McDowell.

During the night Mel and Feeb contract muscle parasites.  If those are just from being in the rainforest, this biome is brutal.

I'm also officially disappointed that I can't uninstall this outpost's solar panel and take it back with me.

I take advantage of McDowell's down time to hunt and butcher some wild boar and harvest wild berries.  At least I can return with some leather and food.

Manhunter pack.  Of cobras.  Thankfully the "pack" is only one.  It's also made of meat...  The little jerk bites off Sarai's right ear, but the colonists are otherwise unharmed.

Day 36:  McDowell finally caps immunity, so I have him help with the berry harvest until we get kicked off the map.  I'm insanely jealous of all the wildlife at this outpost, but I doubt any of the meat would make it back to the settlement if I tried to take it with me.

McDowell gets food poisoning from eating berries.

Day 37:  Psychic Drone (low, female) hits the settlement.

Day 38:  Glasses and McDowell set out first thing in the morning with a decent haul of berries, some leather, and all the furniture they could carry.  McDowell's thankfully over the food poisoning, but the plague still lingers.

Sarai, who wields a knife, gets shooting frenzy.  Whee.

A solar flare hits.  Finally, something bad that I can ignore.

Cargo pods fall with wort.  No refrigeration yet because I've hardly had time for research (probably another mistake on my part), and no beer tech either.

Day 39:  Fiend, the colony's pet red fox that came with the starting scenario, reverts to the wild because no one ever had the skill to handle her.

Glasses and McDowell return.

Day 40:  Rare thrumbo event.  Still not much I can do with that.

Still just the elephants and rhinos otherwise.  Well, other than Fiend, who I just don't have the heart to hunt.  It's not her fault we didn't have any skilled trainers.

Day 43:  Heat wave hits.

155 free Wort rots away.

Day 44:  Still only elephants and rhinos.  Even Fiend appears to have wandered off.  Once the massive kitchen/freezer construction project I'm working on is finished I may break down and hunt some pachyderms.  Assuming the heat wave doesn't chase them off, of course.

There are still some berries scattered around the map.  I really wish there was a "make this a hauling priority" toggle for item stacks.

Day 45:  Heat wave is over, pachyderms are still here.  Kitchen/freezer draws ever closer to completion.

Spot an elephant away from the pack and send Glasses after it.  It goes vengeful as expected but Glasses gets the job done before it gets to him.  Success!

Day 46:  2am Raid!  A group of four pirates who plan to "prepare" and then attack.  Two clubs, a knife, and an autopistol.  They seem content to derp around in a pseudo-cave for a while, so I let my colonists get their sleep.

The actual attack begins around 7am.  The colonists kill two of the melee types easily and send the other pair packing.

I'm enjoying the spacing and difficulty of the raids so far.  They're frequent enough that I need to be aware of them and have defenses in place, but not terribly punishing.  The difficulty in this biome is more the biome itself, and that's more the type of play that I enjoy.

Oh, yeah.  Three quadrums down.

Day 47:  Cats join event.  The colony now has 10 (!!) cats.  I'm not as upset by this as you might think, since it will give my novice animal handlers some practice.  Definitely would have preferred something trainable, though...

[Ran out of space, heh.  Continued in the next post.]

[attachment deleted due to age]

Marstannum

Day 48:  A compact machinery meteorite lands JUST south of my base.  Beauuuutiful.  I seem to run critically short of components before I really have the means to get more.

I catch two more elephants isolated from the herd and draft my shooters to take them out.  The fridge isn't done yet, but it should be by the end of the day.  McDowell has to fight one of them hand-to-hand for a little bit but fortunately he only sustains minor injuries.

Tom throws another party.  I like to think it's to celebrate the base finally getting the power turned on.  Good job, Tom!

Day 49:  Manhunter pack.  Three labrador retrievers this time.  Here's hoping I can down them and tame them as haulers.

I manage not to kill two of them, but they manage to give Mel an eye scar (only down to 5/8, thankfully) and bite off Feeb's left pinky.  Fortunately the two I'm healing up are a male and a female, so I can breed more going forward so long as I get them both.

Tom heals one up nicely with healroot and the other one wanders around the room I stuck them in bleeding all over everything.  I'll have to be extra quick when it passes out.  Nice!  Tom established a bond with the second one as he's healing her.  First step complete!

The cats are all starving to death since there's no small game on this map whatsoever.  I decide to axe all but three of them.

Day 52:  Item stash quest for resurrector mech serum.  Ugh.  I want it, but it's pretty far away and I'm not risking a nasty ambush like I saw in my previous playthrough.  Maybe once I have drop pods I'll be a bit more adventurous about that stuff.

Day 53:  McDowell manages to tame the other lab, finally.  Also, allow me to join the chorus of voices asking that the "Follow master" settings be off by default.

[Updated to 1.0.1971]

Day 56:  Raid, this one at 2am by three tribals with shortbows, attacking immediately.  Glasses gets downed but the colonists kill two of the tribals and the last starts running.  I have the two available melee colonists (Mel is rescuing Glasses) chase her down with hopes of capture, but she dies too—apparently to a mace bruise since that's the only non-gunshot wound on her.  Yep, "bruise in the torso caused Lion to die".  The number of raiders has been small, but I haven't downed any instead of killing any since day 16, when Tom was chased in by two of them and Feeb survived.

I have a few construction projects that are ongoing: finishing the floor in the kitchen freeze, a couple kitchen furnishings, enlarging the bedrooms, and putting up a new building to hold some generators.  There are more I really need/want to get on, like flooring for nearly every building, paving outdoor areas, a big rec room/dining hall, new warehouse, hospital, big general freezer, another watermill... but I don't have the people to do it with any speed.  It doesn't help that Sarai is my only colonist with more than 4 in Construction.

Realize Tom has been sleeping and ignoring wounded colonists and wake his butt up to go handle things.

Day 57:  Cargo pods at midnight.  Wort again.

Day 58:  Incapacitated refugee quest pops up.  Giggles the 41-year-old mental patient.  I've heard things that sounded more promising, heh.  It's less than a day away, but there are three enemies there.   I wish Glasses was healthy...   I'll wait and see how long it takes him to get back to 100%.  If I can still save her once he's up I'll very strongly consider it.

Day 60:  Raid, 1am.  Four pirates attacking immediately, armed with two poor autopistols, a poor steel knife, and an awful steel mace.  Fortunately, Glasses is up again.  This clearly delays any possible rescue op, though.   Three dead, the fourth fleeing.  Nevermind.  Four dead.

Still no non-pachyderm wildlife, and I haven't caught any away from the herd in a while.  Nothing but simple meals since not long after the freezer came online.

That's one year done, and a post that's probably MUCH too long.

Daily map screens: https://imgur.com/a/7I055h6

Greep

Ugh... leighton the wonder dog... is there any way that changing zones for animals could trigger them to update their movement sooner?  I tell him to go into hiding before every raid but usually it's way too late. He'll be just a stump before long.

[attachment deleted due to age]
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Tynan

Quote from: Wintersdark on July 22, 2018, 12:58:19 AM

Yes, it's a known bug.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

callmewoof

I've had multiple times where someone dies from an infection too early, and finally noticed that it somehow revolves around loading a saved game. For example, let's say that Bob survives some infection at 100% immunity and 85% infection. As long as the infection/survival played out fully, he lives. But load a save when Bob has anything... like 75% immunity and 50% infection, or 95/80, etc etc. Each time, within about 10 seconds, he dies from infection. It's like an alternate time-line, in a way. I've confirmed this multiple pawns, games, and dev builds within the last week. Here's a screenshot from the most recent victim. In this case, I don't know which he died from, but the Left Arm infection was at 90% immunity, 73% infected. If there's a useful way to be more specific with these findings, like I'm missing some vital situational info, let me know.

East

Quote from: callmewoof on July 22, 2018, 03:19:21 AM
I've had multiple times where someone dies from an infection too early, and finally noticed that it somehow revolves around loading a saved game. For example, let's say that Bob survives some infection at 100% immunity and 85% infection. As long as the infection/survival played out fully, he lives. But load a save when Bob has anything... like 75% immunity and 50% infection, or 95/80, etc etc. Each time, within about 10 seconds, he dies from infection. It's like an alternate time-line, in a way. I've confirmed this multiple pawns, games, and dev builds within the last week. Here's a screenshot from the most recent victim. In this case, I don't know which he died from, but the Left Arm infection was at 90% immunity, 73% infected. If there's a useful way to be more specific with these findings, like I'm missing some vital situational info, let me know.

I know that pain kills people. Would you like to try it once with an yayo or go-juice? You can feed through surgery.

Koek

Quote from: Tynan on July 21, 2018, 10:11:11 PM
Quote from: Koek on July 21, 2018, 05:52:13 PM
Unfinished: The menu for crafting apparel needs to be updated for all the new leather types. It still shows the old menu.

What menu is this?

My mistake, on closer examination it seems fine. I'll double check next time before posting.

Tynan

New build. Just some miscellaneous weekend updating.

As always, please play it before discussing it, and I'd love to see the debug history graphs.

-----

Fix: Prisoner tab can be missing key information in case of bad translation or unexpected extra text.
Hunting stealth: Made a new stat called "Hunting stealth" based on Animals and Shooting skills. It affects the chance of a hunted animal going manhunter. Added Animals as a relevant skill to Hunting.
Disabled normal raids during raid sequence with Randy Random. Optimized Randy Random incident selector. Fixed bugs in the test storyteller output with Randy Random.
Rewrote ThreatCycle storyteller component into OnOffCycle component. It is now state-free, repeatable, and easier to configure and predict. Disabled normal threat cycle raids during the ship start sequence.
Animal stats card always says yes or not whether it's a pack animal.
-Debuff devilstrand so it's in line with good leathers. -Wood does not deteriorate. -Reduce ship part health. -Reduce tree sow time. -Remove wild megascarabs since they can't eat plants anyway.
Text adjustments.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Greep

Had a conversation with someone on steam forums, got salty, and it was about 1.0 feedback so it's pretty relevant.  I was asking him why he doesn't just lower the difficulty, and ultimately it ended in this post.  He kind of is right:

"Raid power scales infinitely. It always was this way, but with good static defences you can withstand overwhelming forces reliably. But 1.0 enforces direct combat. At year 4 on normal I have 1:20 ratio with pirate raids. Twenty pirates against each one of my colonists, including non-violent and inept in combat. On base builder I'll get 15, and 20 would be year later."

If medium and below is supposed to be more of a story that eventually leads to a ship launch despite dealing with adversity and setbacks, it really isn't that.  This is also something madman has been getting at in this thread:  medium and lower difficulties keep relentlessly adding more and more raiders just like other difficulties. 

Some people can handle the drop pods and massive swarms of enemies and get rocket launchers and orbital strike beams.  For people wanting to just build a colony and do a shootout every now and then, this doesn't exactly work.  I've expressed my thoughts on solutions to this on the suggestions forum, but I'm seeing a lot of these kinds of posts on the steam forums and don't wish to see a review bombing when the game does get released.

That did actually happen a bit to darkest dungeon when they tried to do exactly the kinds of thing that's going on in 1.0 here (dealing with cheap tactics like stalling, etc), they're now gone from very positive to mostly positive in recent reviews.
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0