Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lancefighter

Quote from: Razzoriel on July 22, 2018, 08:32:08 PM
On the devilstrand balancing.

Isn't the concept of Devilstrand to be slightly superior than Synthread, but difficult to maintain a steady production and highly energy-demanding because you need half a year to harvest? If that is the case, Devilstrand was perfect and there was no need to change it. Now, if there is a need to buff leathers, then its an entire different conversation.

IMO the order of fabrics was always: Cloth -> Wool -> various furs/leathers -> rare animals' wool/leather (thrumbo, megatheriums) ->  Synthread -> Devilstrand -> Hyperweave.

If it needs to be kept that way, pre-change was quite how it should be. If it doesn't, then Devilstrand being debuffed to Synthread-like status is quite a huge and unnecessary nerf. That is, if you, Tynan, has any plans on making Hyperweave craftable, then it makes sense, kinda.
Note; Ive only played a year and change on two maps in 1.0, so not 100% on stuff.. but;

Devilstrand to me stood out as one of the old, few options you had for making semi-effective armor before you could make power armor. In my current run, I see virtually no reason to make it at all - Devoting large amounts of land/time/power? for what amounts to being able to make a flak jacket equivalent, when plate or flak vests exist and are much simpler. I admit, I havent bothered building a devilstrand jacket to see how useful it is yet, but with stuffmultipliers at .3 it feels kinda useless as an armor. Is devilstrand even enough to make a jacket (or any apparel) provide enough armor to mitigate a small bow hit?

Actually, seriously, am I missing an apparel type that isnt flak jacket/vest/pants that has a reasonably high stuff multiplier? Or are the only valid armor types flak/plate/power nowadays?

Note; imo there should be two different sets of textiles - Armor textiles, and weather textiles. Cloth should be baseline, leathers should err on the side of being armor, and wools should be on the side of weather resistant. Does this even currently work the way clothes are set up now? Does anything not have enough armor penetration to make general clothes type stuff made out of the best materials useless?

Kalre

Its the slow down on friendly mortar shoots (probably enemies too), a feature or a bug ? Either way it gets annoying really fast :(

bbqftw

I am somewhat puzzled by all the concern about devilstrand.

If you look at the armor / EHP relations, armor values around 50% or below have very low relevance to combat efficiency. And 51% was the value of the old excellent dstrand duster.

Dashthechinchilla

Some food poisoning feedback.

Randy rough. I do this on all my starts now. On open I pick my colony site. Since nobody gets smithing, I try to get a decent sized metal ruin. A 5×8ish near the middle of the map has been easy enough so far. The metal floor tiles are supposed to be more sanitary than normal per their description. I enclose it with wood and tear down the metal wall to maximize the inside. Plus that usually gives enough for a stove. The butcher site goes outside the kitchen. I am on the fence about a kitchen table, since colonists just hanging around leave filth. Sometimes I put veg storage so that they are less likely to walk in and out tracking dirt.

I keep my cooks on the same shift and make extra meals for the morning. This way during meal prep I can keep the camera on the kitchen. When the dirt reaches 5 items, the option to clean appears. The next cook or colonist not doing something important cleans. This continues until meals are done. I don't seem to get food poisoning this way.

One bit of weirdness I have noticed. Raw meat carried into the kitchen  (I don't store it there) leaves blood on the floor. Ok, I get that, but sometimes instead of the name of the animal the meat is from, it gets the colonists name. Creepy, but if my cooks are walking around with cuts they got while cooking that does explain the high food poisoning rate, lol.

East

Quote from: Underscore on July 22, 2018, 03:55:31 PM
I started up my ship's reactor expecting fifteen days of absolute hell.

I have 5.6 days remaining and I have not gotten a single raid.

EDIT: I had a little more time before work and I fast forwarded through the last 6 days. Reactor is ready, not a single raid or incident.

I tried this test. There was no raid at all. This seems to be a bug that certainly needs fixing.

Broken Reality

Just noticed in the latest version that I can no longer build bridges over deep water. I haven't seen this change in the patch notes, is this intended?

Greep

I don't think I've ever been able to build bridges over deep water in 1.0, at least not when i tried it a few days ago.
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Arq

The fiance breakup bad thought lasts a looooong time.  30 days!  And it's big.  Maybe a 7 day stronger debuff and a smaller one for the rest of a 15-30 day interval would be more appropriate.

The guy running around with that debuff was super upset and kept having breakdowns while caravaning.  Actually, this was fine because worldmap mental breaks appear to have no effect.  Is there supposed to be something that they do?  I'm not sure what would be appropriate, but I snickered when the pyro decided to burn down someone else's forest instead of mine.

Hilariously, two weeks later I found out why she broke up with him.  I got a call for help from a prisoner at a pirate camp.  The call was from his lover.  I guess the fiance had already found out, perhaps from an earlier message that she had 'forgotten' to pass on to the rest of the colony.

Zombull

A slow year.

Cassandra/Medium started blind with Naked Brutality. First pawn was...ME! Hey, it's me! For once, RNG gave me a decent first pawn and it's my guy JC. And I really like the large hills map it gave me too. I really wanted this colony to succeed.

So far...I guess it has. Been kind of a slow year. I've had one fleeing refugee and one escape pod. A total of 6 single-raider raids, all of which died.

It's hard to get much done in a year with just three pawns!

No idea what this graph means, but here it is!

[attachment deleted due to age]

EvadableMoxie

Quote from: bbqftw on July 22, 2018, 10:10:44 PM
I am somewhat puzzled by all the concern about devilstrand.

If you look at the armor / EHP relations, armor values around 50% or below have very low relevance to combat efficiency. And 51% was the value of the old excellent dstrand duster.

Considering Flak Jackets and pants are 40% sharp base, are they ever worth even wearing, let alone producing?  Seems like you might as well not bother with them, then.

ZaPhobos

Quote from: Arq on July 22, 2018, 11:46:55 PM
The fiance breakup bad thought lasts a looooong time.  30 days!  And it's big.  Maybe a 7 day stronger debuff and a smaller one for the rest of a 15-30 day interval would be more appropriate.

The guy running around with that debuff was super upset and kept having breakdowns while caravaning.  Actually, this was fine because worldmap mental breaks appear to have no effect.  Is there supposed to be something that they do?  I'm not sure what would be appropriate, but I snickered when the pyro decided to burn down someone else's forest instead of mine.

Hilariously, two weeks later I found out why she broke up with him.  I got a call for help from a prisoner at a pirate camp.  The call was from his lover.  I guess the fiance had already found out, perhaps from an earlier message that she had 'forgotten' to pass on to the rest of the colony.
All things considered, breaking up with someone you intend to spend your life with would probably ruin you for quite a bit, and 30 days is about half a year.  Keeping in mind that these are """normal""" people who go nuts after not eating off of a table, I don't think it's unreasonable that they would be torn up about it for half a year.  From a gameplay perspective it's annoying, sure, but they also have massive mood buffs when they're together that can last until one of them dies.

mndfreeze

Tynan, traders are stopping at strange spots for me in the current version.

I'm on a new arid shrub tribe playthrough, and the traders are stopping at a random 3 traps I have placed on almost the opposite side of the map from my base.  No homezone set over there.  There is a body dumping stockpile sort of nearby but thats it. 

[attachment deleted due to age]

anitram

Quote from: Kalre on July 22, 2018, 03:04:47 PM
Yeah Megasloths are human butchers now, 2 hits generally end up in one or two limbs off hehe.

Imagine my surprise when I sent a pawn to hunt a peaceful slow megasloth in the build that made that change, and got a "DEATH" envelope in mere seconds.... I should probably read the change log before playing. I'm now down to my last original colonist (the second one died to friendly fire...)

I see that the animal spawn rate has been fixed, I don't have an empty map for days anymore.
Also the prisoners are getting recruited in a decent fashion.

My favorite event from this weekend: a pack of manhunting turtles. The thing about the turtles is that they're slow. Very slow. Turtle soup for everyone!  :) :)

What I've noticed in these unstable builds: break-ups happen more often than before. In beta, I had to switch most of my beds to double beds. Now I have only two, in rotation, because pawns are getting together and breaking up weekly. Also had one wedding called off, because they started the wedding just after a raid which had some casualties.

Jibbles

Colonist went on mental break, final straw was hungry.  Gave him fine meals instantly after the break.  He went on another mental break right after he finished his fine meal cause he was greedy for impressive bedroom. Just reporting since it may not be intended.

Broken Reality

Quote from: Greep on July 22, 2018, 11:38:37 PM
I don't think I've ever been able to build bridges over deep water in 1.0, at least not when i tried it a few days ago.

I was able to a couple of patches back as a chunk of my base was built on a large river and you could build bridges on deep water but not waterproof cables, you also couldn't bridge over the top of cables.