Previous topic - Next topic

Teleblaster18

Debug History Graphs:

Naked Brutality
Cassandra/Rough/Temperate Forest (Year-Round Growing) - ~160 days completed
Version 1974

I got some weird error on the Debug Graph:

Tynan

There are hauling boars, they're called "pigs"!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Teleblaster18

Quote from: Tynan on July 24, 2018, 06:29:40 AM
There are hauling boars, they're called "pigs"!

Not buying it unless you give them miniguns.

ChJees

Quick question: What is the errorOnFailed field for in the JobDriver function TryMakePreToilReservations? Was recently added.

ximxim

Play report:

Crashlanded, randy medium, temperate forest with a huge river.

Tried the strategy of staying fairly poor, and keeping number of colonists down. Started with 1 "useless" pawn (no skilled or unskilled labour, but a decent shot) and 1 incapable of violence. Strategy worked well at the start, with raids being very reasonable in size. Tried building a few traps to start with (no kill-holes or corridors though), but dismantled them after almost getting my own pawns killed by my own traps. After that no traps or other static defences, apart from the river in the middle of the map. Did not recruit/rescue anyone, but 1 pawn wandered in and joined. After that the raids got way harder, optimal strategy would have been to kill it off asap. Eventually I lost a pawn and was back to three again, which made the raids reasonable again.

Focused on researching with plans to build the escape rocket, but abandoned that plan when I realized I was never going to get a reliable source of plasteel. Switched to making food for the journey to the AI. Ditched the no-violence guy as soon as I abandoned my base (100% liability as far as I understand, makes raids harder and can't fight). End party was the starting no skilled/unskilled labour guy and the wanderer that joined. Journey was uneventful, no hostile encounters. First 6 days or so of raids at the ship site went well. Then I got another wanderer... Long story short, raids became much harder sending me into a death spiral. Optimal strategy would probably have been to ditch all but 1 pawn for the final fight, as once I was down to 1 pawn I seemed to be mostly getting 1 person raids.

Edit:
(I should mention that I wanted to try this strategy after a couple of failed games where I recruited basically all decent pawns that showed up, this went much much better).

Stuarthigginson

Hi Tynnan,

Awesome update and keep up the good work :)

Day 400 of my playthough. I use lots of deadfall traps but with the new update its meant they all have 0HP, can't be deconstructed and wont trigger. Thoughts?

Stu

mcduff

What does "adaptation" and "pop intent" and "fun points" actually *mean*?

If I have a low "pop intent" does that mean the game thinks I have too many pawns and is going to try to kill them off?

I'm looking at these graphs but I'm not sure I know how to read them because I'm not sure what they're really measuring.

Greep

Well they're debug graphs, so you're not supposed to know  8)

Pop intent means the game will throw less free pawn events at you it's low, adaptation multiplies your raids when you're doing well.

And fun points means more !!!Fun!!!
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Roolo

Quote from: ChJees on July 24, 2018, 06:45:24 AM
Quick question: What is the errorOnFailed field for in the JobDriver function TryMakePreToilReservations? Was recently added.

It's there to break almost any mod ^^.
Now being serious, it seems to be so it can be passed to Reserve calls, so you can control whether errors should be thrown when reservations fail.

Edit: It seems to be there to prevent errors when queued jobs are assigned. At the time the queued job is assigned, the thing can be reserved without problem, but while being in the queue, someone else can reserve the thing, resulting in the error when the pawn starts the queued job. Some of my mods threw errors sometimes because of this, so I'm glad it's added.

ison

I realize it breaks some mods, but unfortunately the only alternatives were to either use some kind of a global state or completely remove the "Could not reserve" errors which are sometimes useful. It's just that reservations for jobs which were queued are allowed to fail (because many things can happen before the job is actually started), so we don't want to show the "Could not reserve" errors in this case.

Roolo

Quote from: ison on July 24, 2018, 07:28:28 AM

I realize it breaks some mods, but unfortunately the only alternatives were to either use some kind of a global state or completely remove the "Could not reserve" errors which are sometimes useful. It's just that reservations for jobs which were queued are allowed to fail (because many things can happen before the job is actually started), so we don't want to show the "Could not reserve" errors in this case.

Function overloading would also have done the trick. But I can imagine you don't want two function definitions just to prevent mods from breaking.

Bolgfred

I am quite unhappy with the new traps right now.

With the new forced distance, my kill-korridor was removed, which was kind of cool, as I didn't plaster them all over my defence perimeter in a chessboard pattern. Good thing!

With the new one-usage trap I really doesn't get friends, as it totally doesn't fit my needs on a trap.
Old trap was used to support my early defense, meaning I used my first 500 stone for some chokepoints to soften raids, bringing every enemy with a inital head wound to the fight, what helped me a lot.
This was okay, as in early when I dont have much ressources, it was a defense with no costs.
Now as traps have their own "upkeep", I noticed me avoiding them totally as at the start the stones are hardly needed somewhere else.

Anyway, both traps have their benefit. I had some very funny moments with traps and plant pots.
I just wish to have both, as I want to use the rearmable trap to soften enemies, while the one-use traps can be used to kill strategic targets.
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

5thHorseman

I find myself wincing now whenever a squirrel or rabbit hits a trap. 2 turns at the deep driller and another 2 at the stone cutter wasted. Again.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Polder

In my current colony there is one mad animal event every 7.5 days, and one drop pod event every 7.5 days (over 53 days). I think both of these are too common.

Mehni

Please add a brief forced slowdown to entering sites. I got a nasty surprise from manhunting bears.

Please remove the forced slowdown on attacking poison ships etc. It is agonisingly slow to watch them attack it when the threat is already defeated.