Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbqftw

After experimenting with melee weapons, I think this game would benefit from plasteel enhanced thrumbohorns.

Is the restriction for gifting being the same goods as the trader normally buys intentional? Seems a bit odd, but whatever.

Rah

QuoteFix: Exotic traders sell 1-2 hyperweave in some cases.

Now exotic traders often sell up to 200 hyperweave at a time, dirt cheap. You can snag it all up for like 2k silver. Was that intended? Synthread, which is inferior, seems to be the new hyperweave now, in terms of rarity.

Koek

A tribe starting with electric smelting and cremating unlocked is weird. Just saying :)

Tynan

Quote from: Rah on July 25, 2018, 05:29:24 AM
QuoteFix: Exotic traders sell 1-2 hyperweave in some cases.

Now exotic traders often sell up to 200 hyperweave at a time, dirt cheap. You can snag it all up for like 2k silver. Was that intended? Synthread, which is inferior, seems to be the new hyperweave now, in terms of rarity.

The count sounds right, 2000 silver is a lot, does it seem too cheap or something?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

zizard

Quote from: Tynan on July 25, 2018, 05:50:24 AM
The count sounds right, 2000 silver is a lot, does it seem too cheap or something?

The price per HP multiplier should be considered, since some textiles last longer than others. HW has 9 mktval for 2.4 HP mult, whereas e.g. DS has 5.5 mkt val for 1.3 mult, meaning HW lasts 1.85x as long for 1.64x the cost. This makes it cheaper per wear duration than DS despite being a superior fabric. Compare to cloth, with mktval 1.5 and HP mult 1x. HW is only 2.5x as expensive per wear! Despite it being the gap between one of the best and one of the worst textiles in the game. If you offered a recipe to convert 3 cloth to 1 HW, I would churn it all day!! If you only wish to compare with the other fabric that can only be bought, HW is only 20% more expensive per wear than synthread. For that you get 4x the sharps and infinityx the blunts, bargain!!!

Greep

Well things you can grow vs things you have to buy with markups end up being a lot cheaper in a real game.  Outfitting just 10 colonists with hyperweave costs 20k silver.  That's hard even on a permasummer flake plantation with the trade modifiers.  But I can grow like a zillion cloth or devilstrand.

If someone posts a screenshot with full hyperweave then I'll believe it's imbalanced  ::)
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

zizard

Quote from: Greep on July 25, 2018, 06:12:08 AM
Well things you can grow vs things you have to buy with markups end up being a lot cheaper in a real game.  Outfitting just 10 colonists with hyperweave costs 20k silver.  That's hard even on a permasummer flake plantation with the trade modifiers.  But I can grow like a zillion cloth or devilstrand.

If someone posts a screenshot with full hyperweave then I'll believe it's imbalanced  ::)

Sure that's why I included synthread. I have saves with nearly 10 archotech pieces which were over 4k each.

Lizzi

Finally played around with the new traps today! They are definitely extra potent now, as the wooden ones seem to be able to two shot most early game raiders and small to medium manhunting animals. I tried out a new run with naked brutality, and ended up rolling with a colonist that had 2 shooting and merely a short bow. I always ended up losing head-on fights with raiders, so I instead set up a small field of deadfall traps and lured the raiders in there. If they didn't end up dying, I was able to capture them and recruit them.

I feel like the cost of rebuilding wooden deadfalls is negligible in biomes where wood is readily available, but I can definitely see this being a harder strategy to consistently pull off in desert or tundra biomes. Steel and stone traps would be harder to build in the beginning, but could be a huge boon mid-late game.

Greep

Yeah I hadn't even thought of wood traps because I was in arid shrubland when that hit xD  In any case currently trying out the component-less IED traps with... mixed success  ::)
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Koek

Question: In the scenario editor when starting a new game, does 'Allowed age range' only affect the pawns you roll or all pawns in the game? My guess is just starting pawns, but I'd like to know for sure.

PatrykSzczescie

I wonder how orbital traders work now. In B18, they used to appear either a few times within a short amount of time or don't appear for years at all.

zymex

am i the only one having problems starting new world on crash land?

my ppl dosent show up, tried 4 times.
now i play naked start thingy..

anyways.
small feedbacks
- new room stats display, how about add temperature to it too? would be easier to see quickly.
-also i know its always been that way, but always struggle to find poeples stats keep forgetting it named story that menu, maybe a rename for something better? :D
-new sand textures ROCKS ! thank you!
/ especially new sandbags are nice, now i only wish/dream/hope barb wire will be vanilla with a nice texture too.
- is it able to add same search option like dev. menu to research to find stuff easier? :D
-coloring stock piles? :D

anyways nice to see all those new stuff, i will play more with 1.0 and get back if i stumple across any bugs =)

sadpickle

So this just happened. What a saucy fellow...

[attachment deleted due to age]

robno

Suggestion: maybe when in-game and loading the world map, it should say 'Loading world...' instead of 'Generating'.

Also, I think it's non-intuitive how to butcher animals to a beginner. I think if you have at least one valid butchering bill, you should be able to right-click a suitable animal and select 'Butcher creature'. My sister is new to RimWorld and killed a boomalope, she wanted to butcher it specifically before it burnt away.

mcduff

Quote from: robno on July 25, 2018, 07:47:52 AM
Suggestion: maybe when in-game and loading the world map, it should say 'Loading world...' instead of 'Generating'.

Also, I think it's non-intuitive how to butcher animals to a beginner. I think if you have at least one valid butchering bill, you should be able to right-click a suitable animal and select 'Butcher creature'. My sister is new to RimWorld and killed a boomalope, she wanted to butcher it specifically before it burnt away.
Yeah, I get how for beginners you wouldn't know to do "dumping stockpile" first then click to haul, then right click on the butcher table. But then it's counted as an ingredient isn't it, and you can't say "use this thing to do any job." I wonder if there's room for a tutorial there.