Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

username2

Randy random, crashlanded, "Survival struggle" (please change these to 1 word descriptions :)) 8 days in, my addict is already catatonic in bed with only 9% withdrawal, two others have food poisoning from packaged meals, 1 pawn has 3 mental breaks consecutively, tons of events all over each other, not sure if intended so added message log.

Few thoughts:
1) Why is there so much marble? in every play-through the most common stone chunk type I see is marble. Should it not be more rare or is it valueless?
2) Please bring back batteries by default to crashlanded or hide wind turbine behind research. Noob trap.
3) Please explain in the item description whats the difference between the two generators? Why is there a chemfuel generator to begin with that I can't get fuel for? What's the added value of the chemfuel generator?
4) Why do ALL animals have to be threats? Can't we have some 1 hit easy slaughter animals in hares, squirrels, field mice? They already yield very low meat for effort as penalty. Maybe even let a pawn who can't do violent but can do animals slaughter this basic wildlife?
5) TONS of agave in high fertility zones, map otherwise pretty empty (shrub). Not sure if intended
6) some mountains are uniform resource wise and bland and some have mixed, a mountain with plasteel/uranium + sandstone + steel + etc etc looks much more aesthetically pleasing. Not sure if that matters to you.
7) It would be nice if there was some build-able that exposes wildlife animal fighting messages to us. Its interesting action that's being hidden from us for some reason, and its a potential for free downed animals to tame or food to steal. Just lots of interesting micro interactions that we dont really get exposed to unless we're pause scanning the map every few seconds.

[attachment deleted due to age]

drd23

Are friendly allies who arrive via drop pod to provide military assistance supposed to crash through the roof of your base?

cactusmeat

Quote from: drd23 on July 25, 2018, 08:14:18 AM
Are friendly allies who arrive via drop pod to provide military assistance supposed to crash through the roof of your base?

annoying but sometimes preferable to landing where the threat is or where traders seem to hang out...

PatrykSzczescie

Quote from: zymex on July 25, 2018, 07:08:04 AM
am i the only one having problems starting new world on crash land?

my ppl dosent show up, tried 4 times.

I don't seem to have this issue.

Advent667

Not sure if this is a bug in the new version but if I have a stockpile set to hold corpses (like my freezer stockpile) sometimes rotting corpses or skeletons make it in and I can't get rid of them without clearing all corpses.

Aerial

Quote from: Advent667 on July 25, 2018, 08:52:57 AM
Not sure if this is a bug in the new version but if I have a stockpile set to hold corpses (like my freezer stockpile) sometimes rotting corpses or skeletons make it in and I can't get rid of them without clearing all corpses.

I have had sporadic instances where the "allow rotten" option disappears from my stockpile selection list (not just becomes checked/unchecked but is no longer visible).  In one case, reloading the game made it reappear.  In another, I had to delete the stockpile and recreate it.  The new stockpile had both options.  I have been putting it down to the churn of updates on save games, but it may be related to what you're seeing.

Koek

Hauling: I'd love to see priorities changed whenever there is a blueprint that needs a particular recourse. As it is now pawns first bring recourses to a stockpile even if there is a blueprint which uses it. Please make it so stuff gets brought to blueprints first.

Cheers :)

Jan2607

Why is not possible anymore to talk to prisoners without recruiting them?

Koek

Quote from: Jan2607 on July 25, 2018, 09:24:27 AM
Why is not possible anymore to talk to prisoners without recruiting them?

I guess to prevent cheap leveling of the social skill.

RemingtonRyder

I had an incapacitated refugee letter pop up today while I was playing a permanent toxic fallout, very toasty colony (there was also a heat wave). It struck me as a little odd that an incapacitated refugee is fine and dandy nearby despite it being 80C outside on my map.

That being said, I'm playing on a planet that isn't 'normal' so it sort of makes sense that I can't do everything that I would usually do.

iamomnivore

Quote from: AFGHANPSYCHO on July 24, 2018, 02:04:51 PM
Could you please give us an estimate of when maybe 1.0 will be released. I've tried to play the game with the constant updates, but I end up spending 1-2 hours everyday before playing updating mods, figuring out what mods are broken, what mods are breaking the game, etc. I get to play for an hour, sometimes 3 if I have the time, then have to do it all over again the next day. Would rather just wait at this point.

This is a heavy development period. Don't expect your mods to play nice. Disable them or wait. Disabling them and providing clean feedback would be best. Sorry, man.

Rah

Quote from: Tynan on July 25, 2018, 05:50:24 AM
Quote from: Rah on July 25, 2018, 05:29:24 AM
QuoteFix: Exotic traders sell 1-2 hyperweave in some cases.

Now exotic traders often sell up to 200 hyperweave at a time, dirt cheap. You can snag it all up for like 2k silver. Was that intended? Synthread, which is inferior, seems to be the new hyperweave now, in terms of rarity.

The count sounds right, 2000 silver is a lot, does it seem too cheap or something?

For hyperweave, yeah kinda. 2000 silver is not that much for a decently established colony, especially given how rare it's supposed to be and how durable it is. Maybe increase the market value from 9 to 12?

Toast

Regarding the renamed Prosthophobe/Prosthophile traits and their descriptions, could you change "artificial body parts" to something like "enhanced artificial body parts"? I think you're trying to be inclusive of the new Archotech parts which are basically bionics+1, but the result is that it's unclear if you're also including regular prosthetics, which are definitely also artificial body parts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those are not something either pawn type cares about.

Ser Kitteh

On the undergrounder trait:

First of all, I honestly don't care the name for it, but I do care for its usage. The trait basically says "pawns don't feel cabin fever" and that's such ..... a non issue. There's literally nothing stopping a player by drafting the pawn outside for an hour and letting them back in. It does very little to add to the game. It'd be more useful if say, they get no mood penalties if they're away stuck in a cave somewhere and mining. Or yknow, mood buffs for staying indoors for a long time.

If all a trait does is remove a bit of busy work then IMO, it's not that big of a problem considering anyone who has cabin fever are basically researchers and maybe the odd cook/crafter. Also, if you're gonna do indoorsman/undergrounder, why not outdoorsman? No mood penalties for sleeping outside, enjoys caravaning a lot, the more the buff the more they work outside, and so on.

Serenity

Quote from: username2 on July 25, 2018, 08:02:03 AM
Why is there a chemfuel generator to begin with that I can't get fuel for? What's the added value of the chemfuel generator?
There is research to produce chem fuel out of bio matter. Much easier to grow than trees. You can also get it from tamed boomalopes. And there is an chem fuel plant as a request rewards that produces fuel out of thin air.