Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdshen

Quote from: Tynan on July 25, 2018, 05:50:24 AM
Quote from: Rah on July 25, 2018, 05:29:24 AM
QuoteFix: Exotic traders sell 1-2 hyperweave in some cases.

Now exotic traders often sell up to 200 hyperweave at a time, dirt cheap. You can snag it all up for like 2k silver. Was that intended? Synthread, which is inferior, seems to be the new hyperweave now, in terms of rarity.

The count sounds right, 2000 silver is a lot, does it seem too cheap or something?

If you have some sort of moneymaker online 2k isn't much at all. Esp with orbital traders having 30k silver that's actually a pretty big bottleneck gone.
That being said I don't see a problem with hyperweave being accessible for once. Literally never used it outside of cargo pods

Polder

Quote from: Tynan on July 25, 2018, 04:29:00 AM
Bring back early-game time-based points reduction for year 1. Move the first raider's special conditions into the intro incident maker. Minor storyteller tweaks.
Fix: Adapt days can rise above max.
Fix: Overlapping and mis-timed raids on Cassandra. Fix: Too many mad animal incidents.

I'm 88 days into a new colony, and the early raids are now easy even on extreme Cassandra. Easy as two tribals with bad equipment, one raider with a machine pistol, one mad Elk, six mad yorkshire terriers. If the goal was to make early raids more managable, this went a bit too far. Also I'm still seeing quite a few mad animal incidents. I'm on version 1975 just to make sure we're talking about the same version.

Cassiopea

I was overrun by a mechanoid raid which came from three directions while I was gathering wood and caught me unprepared. Multi directional attacks are a great addition in this kind of situation where you basically have two choices. Divide your forces and micro like crazy or focus on one flank at a time. The former is honestly not possible without abusing pause while the latter guarantees extensive material damage. I like it a lot.

I was able to kit a single colonist in hyperweave clothing and I think it's pretty reasonable. At the same point power armor and charge weaponry were going online faction wide. Reverting back or nerfing the new changes will just make it useless once more. Without mods to produce it, it's too much of a hassle to collect scraps every now and then. And with so much going on in a game, you would forget about collecting it eventually. So being able to make one shirt and one pant from a trader on one go is welcome.

Lanilor

Some random things I noticed:
- I can build the electric smelter and crematorium as a tribe when I don't have electricity researched.
- I like the new "merciless" difficulty name, although the "struggle" sounds a bit weird. But I think "survival" does not fit here. Many other survival games I've played are way easier and I think on them when I see this difficulty name. May be biased and on top from someone who speaks english as a foreign language. Even the old "extreme" would be better (rough --> extreme --> merciless)
- I had an unusual strong raid on day 11. The raid after that was way weaker even though fun points were a bit higher. And that raid is not marked on the graphs with a red dot. But it was a normal raid (with prepare time), not a refugee chase. (7 outlanders with flak/pistols/smg/shotgun/molotov vs. 5 tribals with nothing but bows on the raid after). Are prepare raids that much stronger? I can give graphs/safe/whatever later if you need.
- I would like a forbid refill gizmo on passive coolers, campfires and torches
- I play on arid as a tribe (so start with tree sowing) and even there it isn't much worth to sow because it takes so much time. I could imagine on tropical it may be fine with sowing teak as a high-yield tree, but there are may enough wild trees. Instead of planting trees, I plant something else and sell it to buy wood. I like this interaction, so that the effective way is more complex and risky, but it just feels not nice seeing a colonist planting a tree for hours.
- The high lifetime on trees causes that on forest biomes after a time there are almost only 100% grown trees. Before that, there was a natural life cycle and a nice mix of young and grown plants on the map. Now it looks boring and unnatural.
- I can't sell meals to cities although it's listed that they buy them.
- I like the reduced relation gain from releasing prisoners. Mostly people release the ones they don't want so it's basicly throwing trash away and getting relation for it. There is still not much reason to execute and I can't remember when the last time was that I gifted silver for relation on the comms console. (Not even sure if that is still possible in 1.0). I gifted trash slaves and a bad/addicted colonist once via drop pod in the last game and it gave a huge boost on relation.
- I think the outdoor need was fine earlier. It wasn't a big problem for normal bases or when pawns do the usual stuff outside from time to time. It went easier and easier in the last patches and all it does makes the boring mountain bunker better. That is still by far the most seen base type and I'm pretty sure it's not because people simply like the color of stone.
- Quests are way too rare now or I just have bad luck. Only got 1 prisoner rescue in ~35 days, last game was even worse and the one before that similar. I don't want them to get a huge benefit. More like that it adds diversity. I would like a few item stashes or trade offers near my base that give something the value of 1 or 2 drop pod events in the early game. It would be like an intro to caravaning later in the game and would spice it a bit up.
- I had a thrumbo on day 6 I could kill with the tribal start stuff and only lost an animal. Colonists only got a few injuries. It is nice that it is possible so that an early thrumbo event is not a waste I can't do, but it feels it it not righteous to the majestic thrumbo to kill him this easy.
- I like that hyperweave is more available now, but I feel it's too much. I guess it's the common test practice for now. I already traded stuff for around 7k or more this early, so 2k isn't much and I already bought a bit hyperweave. I don't think it should be that much more expensive but it should be rarer, so that hyperweave apparel is a nice addition and not that I can equip everyone easily with it. I will try to see when and how much I can get to report later.

NagashUD

Hmm can't heal the pawn from escape pod, he heals himself before i do it

[attachment deleted due to age]

anotherrimworld

Quote from: Toast on July 25, 2018, 10:38:28 AM
Regarding the renamed Prosthophobe/Prosthophile traits and their descriptions, could you change "artificial body parts" to something like "enhanced artificial body parts"? I think you're trying to be inclusive of the new Archotech parts which are basically bionics+1, but the result is that it's unclear if you're also including regular prosthetics, which are definitely also artificial body parts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those are not something either pawn type cares about.

All prosthetics are counted including peg legs. Not the upgrade they were looking for, I'm sure, but I'm not complaining

East

Quote from: Tynan on July 25, 2018, 04:24:16 AM
We're gonna add some feedback indicating the cause of mental breaks.

But is this possible? A mental break occurs when you fall below a certain number due to various causes. Removing one of the most recent causes does not work. It is more effective to add a tutorial on how to manage your mood.

xrumblingcdsx

Quote from: East on July 25, 2018, 12:31:12 PM
Quote from: Tynan on July 25, 2018, 04:24:16 AM
We're gonna add some feedback indicating the cause of mental breaks.

But is this possible? A mental break occurs when you fall below a certain number due to various causes. Removing one of the most recent causes does not work. It is more effective to add a tutorial on how to manage your mood.
I think it was in relation to my post. My colonist kept getting the same mental break: food binge. So he was going to add language to explain why you got that specific break and not a different one. I'm curious what the math is behind the breaks, as it does not appear to be entirely random.

Greep

Well low mood itself is only one cause, I think the feedback would be more like:

Mental break caused by:
-low mood
-gourmand felt like it
-druggie felt like it
-pyro felt like it
-druggie withdrawal daze
-alzheimers daze

etc

etc
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

NagashUD

i really like the fact you can see now how many refugees enemies are chasing from !

madmario

Quote from: mcduff on July 24, 2018, 05:37:36 PM
I'm getting a lot of my domestic animals accidentally hitting traps now. Way more than before. I've lost about 5 in 10 days, which is a bit irritating, especially since traps are so much further apart.

My death rate is not as high but I have noticed this as well.

Bowman

A few quick points based on my recent play experience:

- On traps: I have deinstalled many and left the others on "do not rearm". They are too much of a resource drain for an uncertain outcome. I may keep some around in my base as a last line of defense against getting swarmed, but in most places they are now not worth it to me. I do enjoy the IEDs without the component cost - I actuallly prefer them to traps now. The steel cost is not that big and the effect is potentially much bigger. So I have moved away from traps. I never had strong killzones or trap corridors, they were only spread around my buildings somewhat.
- On long range mineral scanning: so it needs research? But it's not showing a progress? And the documentation says it just happens randomly... So do I need someone at the station? There may be a patch note explaining it but that cannot be the solution for the people in game.
- Synthread and hyperweave now show up in towns for sale at decent quantities. Synthread seems pointless for it's price range, would never buy it. Hyperweave however seems underpriced, I would buy it at twice the price still, and probably for my best guys' dusters at triple the price.
- not sure if something changed but caravans seem more regular again. I felt for a while that I was barely getting any visiting, maybe only one a year. Now it seems more often again.
- Cassandra was indeed uneven with me but I see that's fixed.
- I play in arid shrubland, cassandra rough, and I barely see any animals. For over a year I had only a single herd of elephants and one of dromedaries, plus the occasional ostrich or emu. I would expect a bit more diversity and animals in the shrubland maybe - it almost feels like desert to me.
- I think devilstrand is still problematic with a lower cost. The only real price you pay is the research - afterwards with the right colonist it comes free, over time. Then it's pretty much beating out most other materials aleady, it jumps the textile progression forward so much. I think I would still get to it relatively fast even if it cost 2000 or more, unless soil was extremely limited.

erdrik

13 of my chickens were stricken with plague.
I had to throw a bunch of colonists on Handling duty to keep them feed.
Apparently they thought the best idea was to feed the chickens the simple meals instead of the kibble.

I can't forbid the meals without also denying the colonists their food source...
I can't help but think that colony animals should have a filter list for what foods handlers are allowed to feed them.

Broken Reality

Quote from: erdrik on July 25, 2018, 01:36:48 PM
Apparently they thought the best idea was to feed the chickens the simple meals instead of the kibble.

I can't forbid the meals without also denying the colonists their food source...
I can't help but think that colony animals should have a filter list for what foods handlers are allowed to feed them.

I'd love some more control over who eats what or gets fed what. My other wish would be for the ability to reorder tasks for skills ie have constructors fix before building if I wanted of intellect choosing if research or long range scanning is done first. Another thing would be being able to copy clothing bill settings and apply them to another bill ie I want them to do until x, count worn, above 60%durability and norm quality. I use these settings for shirt, pants, cowboy hats and dusters to keep clothing needs met automatically.

Listen1

Quote from: erdrik on July 25, 2018, 01:36:48 PM

This is a subject I'd like to see adressed too. For exemple, this can happen with colonists too. I started making Pemmicam and Survival Packages to have a stockpile of food that dosen't expire quickly.

My colonists started picking this meals instead of the Simple/Fine meals that I keep in my fridge. It is really frustrating, I wish I could assign a type of meal or make these two type meals only consumed as a last resort.

This is really hard to reproduce, and I don't know if it's a issue with the meal radius or meal preference. For meal preference I would try something like:

Higher number, Higher priority:
Disgusting raw meat - 1
Human Meat - 1
Kibble - 1
Raw animal meat - 2
Raw vegetable - 3
Pemmicam and Survival Meal - 4
Raw fruit (no penalty) - 4
Simple Meal - 5
Fine Meal - 6
Lavish Meal - 7

I believe that this order should take place regardless of distance of the meal. For animals, I'd just revert this numbers so that Kibble and raw food comes first.