Starbug3D

Storyteller: Cassandra Classic
Difficulty: Medium
Biome/hilliness:  Temperate Forest - Small Hills
Commitment mode: No
Current colony age: 165 days
Hours played in the last 2 days: 4+
Complete mod list: None

I started this game about a month ago.  These notes are compiled from the last week or so:
Major issues:
#1 Spike Traps don't save Auto Rearm setting (or perhaps they don't load the setting)
#2 I had a drug addict decide to punch a turret during a mental break.  Received an error message: Stumpy tried to path while downed.  curJob LayDown A = Thing_Bed

Quality of Life Suggestions
#1 Digging percentage goes down with progress.  Feels strange.
#2 Certain long tasks would be nice to show in the pawn's info box.  You show repair as a %.  Why not building?  Mining?  Research?
#3 You show Building (task).  Why not Researching (project)?
#4 I think you changed hunting recently.  I always wondered why they decide to take the most difficult show possible.  Why can't I attack the bunny with my pistol from short range?
#5 Shouldn't Rearm Spike Traps now be Rebuild Spike Traps?
#6 Some wounds need tending to over time.  I wonder if I should be able to rebandage a crappy tend after a while.
#7 Many context menus, especially Bills, had the "i" button immediately after the name.  You've right-justified these buttons in other menus.  I think it would be more consistent and a friendlier interface to right-justify them in the context menus so I stop clicking info when I meant to click on the item.
#8 You can't interact with someone being rescued.  It would be nice to at least be able to see their Health tab.
#9 I have a female pirate (prisoner) named Dennis (obligatory Monty Python reference: He may not be old, but I'm pretty sure that's more commonly a dude's name)
#10 Outline fonts are your friends.  You've got a lovely black border to the icons.  (I love the new icons btw).  Put a black outline around text to really make it pop.  It'll work a lot better than the grey rectangles.

I need to figure out how to insert an image, but my Adaption graph is pretty much my EKG.  Since about day 40 it's all flatlines.  Pop intent x10 Days: -0.63, Pop recovery: Days 19.75, Recovery: 44.01, Fun Points /10: 53.1

Keep up the amazing work!

5thHorseman

Quote from: Starbug3D on August 02, 2018, 08:44:27 PM
I need to figure out how to insert an image
Once you have the image on your computer, click "attachments and other options" below your post, then the "Browse" button under "Attach."
Images have to be under 600k. I like to trim them as small as is reasonable and even copy/paste all graphs into one image.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

tolakram

Found a bug a few versions ago and still appears to be an issue.  If I have a floor ordered but not done and a pot with a plant on the unfinished spot the colonists will continually plant and cut the plant and the floor never gets finished.  I have to re-install the pot somewhere else to get the floor done.

Hopefully this is enough info.   

- tolakram

Teleblaster18

Quote from: Greep on August 02, 2018, 07:09:29 PM
Was he injured?  I think "resting" pawns count mood while in a bed while sleeping pawns do not.

No.  Perfect health, with no permanent injuries.

Teleblaster18

Quote from: MajorFordson on August 02, 2018, 08:10:35 PM
Yo Tynan, please add the possibility of dogs "cleaning" vomit spontaneously :)

This is hilarious.  And accurate.

seerdecker

In the latest version, auto-rearm still doesn't work outside the home area.

Jstank

ME: Anyway, don't you think that the monkey meat on Level 4... looks a little too similar to the pemmican on Level 6? Might be a little too confusing.

Tynan: Well, that's an interesting theory, Jstank. But redesigning all those sprites at this stage would be way too expensive.

ME: I agree. But what if you just rendered them a different color? You know, that would be cheap and quick.

Tynan- Leave the decisions to me, Jstank. There's a reason why I'm the creator of Rimworld and you're just a tester.
I just- Eject.......{Tynan pushes a button and ejects Jstank from room}

Tynan to himself: He had a good idea  Shut up. Mind your own business!

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

firefox2026

Storyteller: Cassandra Classic
Biome/hilliness:  Temperate Forest - Flat
Commitment mode: No
Current colony age: 453 days (note: spanned over different updates)
Hours played in the last 2 days: 6+

I sorry if  I didn't check very well if this has already been found, but I noticed that after the update on Aug 1st it's seems like I have a hard time getting the deep drill to get re-located anymore. I end up having to get them to put it into storage and then back out again. Not sure if that was intended, but they use to just move it eventually.

MajorFordson

Quote from: erdrik on August 02, 2018, 08:39:21 PM
I don't think they should automatically tend to blighted crops. That would just turn it into an ignore-able event.

Couldn't you say the same for mechanical breakdown events, or fires?

I'd like to see some more "player has to find it" events (animal madness? one of your animals has a brain worm, take a look at them all to find the one spinning in circles/attacking a wall/acting odd etc.) but the blight isn't one of them...

w1zard

Storyteller: Randy Random
Biome/hilliness:  Temperate Forest - Mountainous
Commitment mode: Yes
Current colony age: 5 days

A visitor that paths into an insect nest (either coming or going) in a cave on a hilly map will aggro all of the bugs to attack your colony, no matter how far your colony is away from said nest.

Just had a visitor come to my colony.  On his way out he stumbled into an insect nest at the edge of the map.  Three megaspiders proceeded to travel all of the way across the map to murder my colony.  Man in black showed up and the bugs killed him too.  Colony lost.

Bolgfred

Also the "crop blight" event still sucks. .... But in Rimworld it just turns into "click with mouse then press the Cut hotkey 30 times" which isn't fun or particularly engaging the nineteenth time you have to do it. Colonists should merely automatically tend to the crops.

I don't think they should automatically tend to blighted crops. That would just turn it into an ignore-able event. I think instead blighted crops should count differently than normal crops in regards to double-click selection. Double click a blighted crop, select all blighted crops. Double click a non-blighted crop, select all non-blighted crops.

That way the player is still involved, but it doesn't turn into a 3 minute click session.

I think neither automatic or not, I think the problem would be more the fact that blight is scaled by event, but doesn't interact in any way with crops.
Blight will hit all crops, so you cannot protect with differnt plants.
Blight will hit multiple fields or one big field in the same way, so seperating doesn't matter
Blight will grow as slowly as it doesn't matter if you cut it today or tomorrow.

So said, blight should interact more with plants and layout. If that given It doesn't matter a lot if they are automatic or not as they ain't a real threat and you cannot protect yourself in any way anyway.
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

Sirinox

Quote from: Bolgfred on August 03, 2018, 02:54:43 AM
Also the "crop blight" event still sucks. .... But in Rimworld it just turns into "click with mouse then press the Cut hotkey 30 times" which isn't fun or particularly engaging the nineteenth time you have to do it. Colonists should merely automatically tend to the crops.

I don't think they should automatically tend to blighted crops. That would just turn it into an ignore-able event. I think instead blighted crops should count differently than normal crops in regards to double-click selection. Double click a blighted crop, select all blighted crops. Double click a non-blighted crop, select all non-blighted crops.

That way the player is still involved, but it doesn't turn into a 3 minute click session.

I think neither automatic or not, I think the problem would be more the fact that blight is scaled by event, but doesn't interact in any way with crops.
Blight will hit all crops, so you cannot protect with differnt plants.
Blight will hit multiple fields or one big field in the same way, so seperating doesn't matter
Blight will grow as slowly as it doesn't matter if you cut it today or tomorrow.

So said, blight should interact more with plants and layout. If that given It doesn't matter a lot if they are automatic or not as they ain't a real threat and you cannot protect yourself in any way anyway.

This. I think blight might hit harder but affect one type of crop at time, like a specific plant type infection, which can be made less of a threat with growing different crops and mixing fields at a cost of less efficient crops. Players are already inclined to grow only corn/rice for food with few exceptions, so this might bring different strategies.

As it is now it is pretty pointless and tedious. When blight occurs it's just pause the game, select all blighted crops, press Y, make more harvesters with 1 priority if you don't have already, draft-undraft. If you have big fields, or small number of harvesters, or it's night, it's even worse - also get everyone to the fields and babysit them until they finish. As it is now I'd say the event better not exist at all, imo.

jchavezriva

I noticed that when a colonist want to lay on the floor to stargaze there is a chance he will go to a wet place, getting a mood debuff. If they dont like being wet unless they need to, they shouldnt go there in these situations right?

shaw6622

Storyteller: Phoebe
    Biome/hilliness: Temperate Forest, Mountainous, Caves
    Commitment mode: Save/load whenever
    Current colony age: 80 days
    Hours played in the last 2 days: 5+

On the recent change to what we can see about enemies intentions, I would prefer to see raiders' and manhunters' intended targets/actions as for me that's part of the fun, seeing what they're going to do and trying to prepare for it.  Now I just sit and wait when a raid starts, which is boring. 

Maybe it could be different for different difficulties? Up to medium you get to see what the enemy is planning, rough and upwards you're fighting blind.

Graphic changes seem ok to me, except healroot is harder to locate which is annoying.

Since the changes to animal training, with it degrading, I'm finding it less enjoyable/rewarding to train animals, which is a shame, and I'm mostly not bothering with it now - maybe when my colony has grown enough to have a dedicated animal handler.  Having a pack of hauling animals was a lot of fun.  I'm still usually taking a couple of alpacas on every caravan just in case we have stuff to bring back.

My pyromaniac has had two fire-starting sprees.  I've found it manageable, sending another colonist to follow them and put out the fires before they spread, but I'd rather it didn't happen when they're in a good mood.

I also miss having a better alert with breakdowns (batteries etc), as others have said.  I want to know when that happens and so far I've missed it unless I've happened to notice the pawn fixing it.

Otherwise I'm enjoying this run through.  For the first time I'm doing lots of caravan quests, which seem well-balanced for medium.  Every time I send some colonists out, I seem to get a raid back home - my colonists are getting hurt but no-one has died yet.

My colony is growing more quickly than usual as I'm doing rescue prisoner quests, that I've never bothered with before, and chased refugees more.  Only  recruited one prisoner so far though as mostly raiders end up dead or are not desirable additions if they do survive.  Recruitment was straightforward, liked the new 'reduce resistance' mechanic.

Tried to attach my graphs but it told me the upload folder was full.  No idea what that means - any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?  Total size is under 600 KB.

jchavezriva

Trade offers are still visible on world map after faction became hostile.