Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snafu_RW

Quote from: erdrik on August 12, 2018, 04:15:20 PM
Im a few days into my next run, and I noticed that one of my colonists has "serious pain" from a scratch scar on their left arm. I shrugged and put it to the back of my head as something I would have to try and fix later when I had the resources to do so. The -10 mood is going to be a pain but I could handle it.
I also decided to double check the health of the other colonists to see if there was anything else Id have to keep an eye on. Thats when I noticed another colonist with a scar on their right leg. I noticed some odd inconsistencies:

Scratch Scar, Left Arm:

• hp: 24/ 30
  • scratch scar: 6
  • efficiency: 78%
  • pain: 19%
  • Colonist Traits:
    • Great Memory
    • Tough
    • Pretty

Bite Scar, Right Leg:

• hp: 24/ 30
  • bite scar: 6
  • efficiency: 78%
  • pain: 1%
  • Colonist Traits:
    • Undergrounder
    • Bloodlust

Both scars are the same amount of damage and the same amount of efficiency loss, but impart a very different amount of pain. Im not complaining about the pain difference, because I like having to deal with those kinds of differences, but I feel there is a lack of obvious feedback on why there is a pain difference.
Does a scratch somehow impart more pain than a bite? and if so why? I would imagine it would be the opposite...
or is something not mentioned in the traits affecting it?
or is the amount of pain imparted just completely random? if so, shouldn't that randomness be reflected in the damage score of the scar?

I can see new players being confused by this and developing the belief that the health display is unreliable...
Looks like the inconsistency is in the Tough trait: it's not mentioned in the tooltip, but maybe it imparts an ability to withstand pain better (makes sense IMO), which has somehow been reversed?
Dom 8-)

zizard

Pretty sure the pain is loosely tied to old injury severity but largely random.

erdrik

Quote from: zizard on August 13, 2018, 05:33:12 PM
Pretty sure the pain is loosely tied to old injury severity but largely random.
The problem with that is that both of those old wounds are the same severity.
At least if damage is any indicator...

alxddd

Storyteller: Phoebe
Difficulty: Rough
Biome/hilliness: Temperate Forest/Mountainous
Commitment mode: Yes
Current colony age (days): 628
Hours played in the last 2 days: Too many
Complete mod list: Conduit Deconstruct

Graphs: https://imgur.com/a/ORl52PW

Well, the ship is built! I've been caravanning left right and crooked to try to collect enough supplies to build not only the ship but enough defenses to ward off what I'm scared will be the attack to end all colonies. So I thought I'd just lay down a few thoughts here before going for blast off.

--

The long range mineral scanner starting working frequently for me after my last post. It seemed to go from almost never doing anything to giving me big bursts of finds all within a very short period of time. The scanner is a really smart way to have late game researches not go idle, and to help players with late game resource shortages. I did have some problems specifically with steel though. It's so heavy I had to send a literally army of muffalo with the miners (I don't remember exactly how many, but over 12). The rest of the minerals were not a problem, just the weight of the steel made the mechanic seems broken.

--

There is still a lot that's wonky about caravanning. I actually think that the travel speed might be a little too fast. Although I haven't tried to traverse the planet to the AI ship yet, 55 or so days doesn't seem realistic for a (more or less) pole to pole walk. I also wonder what's behind the decisions to let the colonists stay in different kinds of generated maps for a different numbers of days. Like, an item stash (I think it's an item stash) lets you stay for 15 days and while you're there you don't get raids of any kind - clearly exploitable. But a destroyed enemy base lets you stay for literally only 24 hours - not even enough time to heal up and explore the whole base sometimes. Why different lengths? What's the logic behind these decisions? Is it possible to let a pure caravanning game settle in any generated map as their home to solve this problem? That's maybe the simplest solution I can think of. Also once you're kicked out of a defeated enemy base you can just select every item possible to form an immobile caravan and then settle in the same tile and everything will be collected nicely in the middle of the map. and, ridiculously, the enemy base will have disappeared.

I've been watching a great playthrough which I will link at the bottom which I think really acts as a deep dive into caravanning (and where I saw this enemy base disappearing act in episode 14). The whole playthrough really highlights a lot of what I think is clear and unclear to the player about the interface and mechanics, what works and what doesn't, what's exploitable and shouldn't be and what's undoable but maybe should be.

--

I like to setup my tailoring bench to include equipped and automatically remake everything that everyone is wearing once it starts to fall below 60% (I do the same with flak vests right now and as I mentioned in my last post, would love to be able to have similar control over assigning and making bills that included equipped food and weapons). However, when anyone who's clothed (hopefully eveyone who leaves is clothes) leaves in a caravan, the bills no longer count those equipped items and a colonist starts to make more at the bench. If it's just a couple peeps going to collect some gold you can see why you wouldn't want this to happen. BUT, if you were sending a year long caravan out into the world, maybe you would want to start remaking those clothes. Can you create an Include Caravans check in the bills options alongsidethe Include Equipped to allow us to avoid this?

--

In all the games I've played of 0.19, I've never had a failed surgery. I was part of the consensus that the surgery failures were briefly ridiculous a few alphas ago when they were first introduced (or changed I don't remember), but this has seemed a little too easy. I don't even really have to think about a surgery because I'm so confident it will go off without a hitch, and that kind of defeats a lot of the purpose of glitterworld medicine for me.

--

I still think Food Poisoning is too rampant. In a big colony with an exclusive cleaning pawn I still find it impossible to keep the kitchen area clean enough, even with sterile tiles, to prevent constant food poisoning. It is also really debilitating to colonist speed. I bring that up to suggest that you could either lower the likelihood of it happening, or decrease the severity of the symptoms to make it less impactful to the colonists.

--

Wish me luck in our battle to get to the stars!

The Nomadic Tribe Playthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8tznYxl698&list=PLkr09O8z61-rg6EEPu9_TgTMwCIY3LTg7

[attachment deleted due to age]

mebe

Quote from: Tynan on August 08, 2018, 05:01:29 PM
Quote from: Polder on August 08, 2018, 10:53:23 AM
I agree. I'm trying to make it more worthwhile to keep animals for things other than defense or hauling.

Tynan,

Surely there is a plausible and logical system you can use - slaughter and butcher and animal and you get the maximum amount of meat and skin possible, shoot a pig full of holes with an assault rifle (or burn it with a charge rifle) and there is going to be a lot less useable stuff.

Simply, hunting or killing packs reduces the yield when butchered.

(or farmed animals yield more, whatever balances easiest)

I totally agree with the goal, once upon a time I did a ton of analysis and balancing to try to make the farming case viable (several alphas ago), but it's hard as hell to actually get all the balance points working. Especially given how straightforward hunting is, and how manhunter packs deliver mass meat/leather. It's hard for raising animals to compete with that without being ridiculous in other ways.

Orionreach

Running into some issues with character bio and effects in-game. My colonist has:

Quick Sleeper
Psychopath
Tough

However I'm noticing negative debuffs such as

tainted tribal wear x2
witnessed a dead body

I have been wearing tainted gear and passing corpses for a good hour of my initial start and they weren't effecting me at the time. After reloading the game I noticed it due to break risk warnings, unsure if it's related. 

Goldenpotatoes

I'm far into a ship playthrough (206 days), with all research done and most of the ship built. Since minerals are hard to come by at this stage, I've been sending out mining caravans via drop-pod to take precious ore sites and drop-podding them back to the colony with the ore.

This is where my major gripe comes in:

I've done at least 4 of them by now with no issue, 5th one has a manhunter ambush with 12+ foxes vs 2 people. I'm thinking "fuck, they're probably gonna get downed." I start getting extra pods built to send in reinforcements with my melee dudes to rescue these two.

The caravan people go down, the scenario map is force-closed and I'm told that the caravan was lost.

This actually kinda pissed me off, because I just lost both my best builder and miner to something that could of been salvageable, but the game decided that scenario was done and therefore they're lost forever. It's not like they died from a mid-caravan ambush, they were downed in a static spot where I could of easily sent in reinforcements if it wasn't for the fact the game auto-closed it.

These scenario maps should not auto-close at all unless all colony pawns are dead or taken off-map. If I wasn't running commitment mode for this, I probably would of reverted to a previous save. If you want to push for commitment mode as the 'default' mode, these kinds of situations need looked at so the player doesn't feel like they were just cheated out of an interesting situation.

5thHorseman

Turned on the ship on day 600. Exactly. Without planning it or even knowing until 2 days later. At about 326k wealth basically split 50/50 items and buildings, items slightly more. Cassandra Rough in a temperate forest on a river with year-round growing. It - and the 3 starting colonists - were chosen at random at game start. 13 colonists, each with a berth in the ship, were ready to go.

Mods installed: While You're Up, Deep Ore Identifier, Auto Seller, Hand Me That Brick Lite, Prosthetic Icons, No Forced Slowdown, Squad UI Tweaks, and QualitySurgeon (that I'm not sure is working)

15 days
Mechanoids dropped, 7 of them in various places outside the base and 1 inside the base. Turrets and traps took care of them no problem.
14 days
Quiet. We spent the bulk of the time rebuilding all the trap.
13 days
Mechanoids again. 5 lancers and 4 centipedes. Took them out but lost some serious defensive infrastructure doing it. Lots of burns but nobody seriously hurt.
Then a Lynx started hunting a colonist! Oh no! It ran into a trap and died.
12 days
12 Scythers wandered onto the map right before we rebuilt the last two traps. 10 of them died going trough those traps and the other 2 went down to gunfire the moment they stepped in the base.
Then we got a psychic soothe which is nice, but not all that necessary as pretty much everybody's happy already.
11 days
One guy lost one toe, so we gave him a bionic leg. The only injuries are now to torsos and you can't replace those.
I upped everybody's construction to 1 to get the traps rebuilt.
With 1 trap to go (we ran out of marble so I switched to Limestone) we got a late night raid, 3 groups of 7, 7 and 8 raiders from an outlander union. They were "preparing" by standing around so we mortared all 3 groups.
Before they even started attacking, though, more guys in drop pods right on top of us. In the most heavily turreted area of the base.  I took them out handily
With 4 in the hospital and 1 tending wounds, the 3 outside factions started their advance. The first set made it through the first third of our traps - the wood ones - before fleeing. The other two groups gave up together halfway through my steel traps - the last third. We killed the ones banging on the outside door before they could get away.
10 Days
We got a call from someone's grandmother. She was over a day away so we had to ignore her. No way I'm thinning my defense this late in the game. I hate to say it but she would still be there when we took off, so no bad feelings for the colonist.
Kimmy, a 15-year-old medic was being chased. We told her to shove it.
Someone got a permanent scar in an eye. So he got a free bionic eye.
A doe self tamed. We're eating doe for dinner tonight.
Ran out of limestone, so now we've got granite traps. If those run out I guess we'll do wood. Or maybe plasteel, we don't need any more.
9.7 days, the psychic soothe ended.
9.5 days, a dry thunderstorm started and an exotic goods trader entered orbit. Before I could call them, 15 Scythers dropped on the far corner of my map to the entrance to the base. Two of them fell to my IED/roof traps. The rest started falling to our normal traps when we called the trader. Nothing good, so we bought components out of habit.
9.2 days. Almost immediately after the last Scyther fell (with a single steel trap left) we got a siege. Well we know how to deal with sieges: Mortars.
They attacked, and one of our guys went down but wasn't dead before they started running. We finished them off for good measure.
8.7 days, we got a caravan request. 3 charge lances from us for 31 advanced components. I'd have taken that normally but what are we going to do with 31 advanced components?
We're basically out of stone, but have limestone chunks lying around. I queue up limestone traps. Hopefully they'll get built. We've got 3000 wood so if all else fails I'll use that.
8 days, a mad alpaca takes out two precious wood traps. The jerk.
I turn on some deep drillers for marble. Hopefully between that and the limestone I'll keep my stone traps up.
7.6 days, a granite meteor falls. I don't bother with it.
7.4 days, 25 tribespeople want to use sappers on it. Bring it. They bring it, right to where all the sappers have gone every time. Where I have IEDs just where they tend to go after they've all bunched up. BOOM. It only gets 4 of them, and the rest get in the base. I and my turrets mop them up.
6.2 days, more sappers. Good thing I repaired that wall and reinstalled those IEDs. But they go to a different wall... MY SHIP. ALL HANDS ON DECK. Two of our melee guys went down but right as their sapper broke the wall, they ran. WHEW. One of our guys died, but we have two resurrection serums. I used it without thought or delay.
6 days. But delay was forced on me. 3 more groups, also sappers, came in from all sides. This could be bad. We take out the one closest to the ship (and our dead colonist) and then slap the serum on him. The other two go to the happy zone and get blown to bits, but they keep digging so we head there too. The sapper gets through, we shoot him, and the rest run. WHEW. We leave the dying and concentrate on our own people. The dead of 5 raids back still litter the landscape.
4.6 days, all these raiders left a chemical fiend's paradise lying around. He could have picked a worse drug than go juice though. So I say go for it, dude.
4.5 days, mechanoids drop on top of us. Only 4 though and one's separated from the rest. We lose 2 turrets but nothing else. I notice we're out of non-insect meat, so I move the insect lavish meals to the top of the list and we'll finish the last 4 days on them an simple meals of corn and rice.
4.2 days, the guy binging has OD'd. I consider putting him in cryosleep. I don't.
3.4 days, more sappers. At least they gave us a day to fix all the holes in the walls, and our people. Their Molotov guy throws one at our granite/plasteel wall, then steps on an IED. Before his friends arrive. Jerk. The rest don't go to the boom zone and break a nearby wall. Jerks. We kills them. The stragglers run and don't do any real damage.
2.3 days. Scratched up eye? No siree, our last bionic eye goes in you.
2 days, everybody's fully healed, and we're actually cleaning the place up a bit. Then 19 tribal sappers show up. Great. They go for the ship, but we learned from last time and set up an IED roof trap. It kills 4 of them. We eviscerate the rest before they flee. We set up the roof trap and patch the wall.
1.2 days, thunderstorm right in the middle of the base. No actual damage though.
13 hours, another raid. Our last? 28 tribals and not a sapper in sight. Before they can kill themselves on our traps, Doctor Shrew (Yes that's the name he came with) steps on one of them. Great job, man. The tribals don't make it halfway down the trap corridor.
0 HOUR. While heading toward the ship, one guy throws a tantrum. SERIOUSLY? I give him one chance, and attempt arrest. He does not resist, but instead of stopping he just goes into a wander. I decide to leave him. As the final colonist gets in a chamber, he snaps out of it so I let him on too. A heat wave starts, and we lift off.

Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

gkolocsar

How do you setup those IED roof traps? With regular roofs? Didnt know that worked...

Quote from: 5thHorseman on August 15, 2018, 09:05:56 AM
Turned on the ship on day 600. Exactly. Without planning it or even knowing until 2 days later. At about 326k wealth basically split 50/50 items and buildings, items slightly more. Cassandra Rough in a temperate forest on a river with year-round growing. It - and the 3 starting colonists - were chosen at random at game start. 13 colonists, each with a berth in the ship, were ready to go.

Mods installed: While You're Up, Deep Ore Identifier, Auto Seller, Hand Me That Brick Lite, Prosthetic Icons, No Forced Slowdown, Squad UI Tweaks, and QualitySurgeon (that I'm not sure is working)

15 days
Mechanoids dropped, 7 of them in various places outside the base and 1 inside the base. Turrets and traps took care of them no problem.
14 days
Quiet. We spent the bulk of the time rebuilding all the trap.
13 days
Mechanoids again. 5 lancers and 4 centipedes. Took them out but lost some serious defensive infrastructure doing it. Lots of burns but nobody seriously hurt.
Then a Lynx started hunting a colonist! Oh no! It ran into a trap and died.
12 days
12 Scythers wandered onto the map right before we rebuilt the last two traps. 10 of them died going trough those traps and the other 2 went down to gunfire the moment they stepped in the base.
Then we got a psychic soothe which is nice, but not all that necessary as pretty much everybody's happy already.
11 days
One guy lost one toe, so we gave him a bionic leg. The only injuries are now to torsos and you can't replace those.
I upped everybody's construction to 1 to get the traps rebuilt.
With 1 trap to go (we ran out of marble so I switched to Limestone) we got a late night raid, 3 groups of 7, 7 and 8 raiders from an outlander union. They were "preparing" by standing around so we mortared all 3 groups.
Before they even started attacking, though, more guys in drop pods right on top of us. In the most heavily turreted area of the base.  I took them out handily
With 4 in the hospital and 1 tending wounds, the 3 outside factions started their advance. The first set made it through the first third of our traps - the wood ones - before fleeing. The other two groups gave up together halfway through my steel traps - the last third. We killed the ones banging on the outside door before they could get away.
10 Days
We got a call from someone's grandmother. She was over a day away so we had to ignore her. No way I'm thinning my defense this late in the game. I hate to say it but she would still be there when we took off, so no bad feelings for the colonist.
Kimmy, a 15-year-old medic was being chased. We told her to shove it.
Someone got a permanent scar in an eye. So he got a free bionic eye.
A doe self tamed. We're eating doe for dinner tonight.
Ran out of limestone, so now we've got granite traps. If those run out I guess we'll do wood. Or maybe plasteel, we don't need any more.
9.7 days, the psychic soothe ended.
9.5 days, a dry thunderstorm started and an exotic goods trader entered orbit. Before I could call them, 15 Scythers dropped on the far corner of my map to the entrance to the base. Two of them fell to my IED/roof traps. The rest started falling to our normal traps when we called the trader. Nothing good, so we bought components out of habit.
9.2 days. Almost immediately after the last Scyther fell (with a single steel trap left) we got a siege. Well we know how to deal with sieges: Mortars.
They attacked, and one of our guys went down but wasn't dead before they started running. We finished them off for good measure.
8.7 days, we got a caravan request. 3 charge lances from us for 31 advanced components. I'd have taken that normally but what are we going to do with 31 advanced components?
We're basically out of stone, but have limestone chunks lying around. I queue up limestone traps. Hopefully they'll get built. We've got 3000 wood so if all else fails I'll use that.
8 days, a mad alpaca takes out two precious wood traps. The jerk.
I turn on some deep drillers for marble. Hopefully between that and the limestone I'll keep my stone traps up.
7.6 days, a granite meteor falls. I don't bother with it.
7.4 days, 25 tribespeople want to use sappers on it. Bring it. They bring it, right to where all the sappers have gone every time. Where I have IEDs just where they tend to go after they've all bunched up. BOOM. It only gets 4 of them, and the rest get in the base. I and my turrets mop them up.
6.2 days, more sappers. Good thing I repaired that wall and reinstalled those IEDs. But they go to a different wall... MY SHIP. ALL HANDS ON DECK. Two of our melee guys went down but right as their sapper broke the wall, they ran. WHEW. One of our guys died, but we have two resurrection serums. I used it without thought or delay.
6 days. But delay was forced on me. 3 more groups, also sappers, came in from all sides. This could be bad. We take out the one closest to the ship (and our dead colonist) and then slap the serum on him. The other two go to the happy zone and get blown to bits, but they keep digging so we head there too. The sapper gets through, we shoot him, and the rest run. WHEW. We leave the dying and concentrate on our own people. The dead of 5 raids back still litter the landscape.
4.6 days, all these raiders left a chemical fiend's paradise lying around. He could have picked a worse drug than go juice though. So I say go for it, dude.
4.5 days, mechanoids drop on top of us. Only 4 though and one's separated from the rest. We lose 2 turrets but nothing else. I notice we're out of non-insect meat, so I move the insect lavish meals to the top of the list and we'll finish the last 4 days on them an simple meals of corn and rice.
4.2 days, the guy binging has OD'd. I consider putting him in cryosleep. I don't.
3.4 days, more sappers. At least they gave us a day to fix all the holes in the walls, and our people. Their Molotov guy throws one at our granite/plasteel wall, then steps on an IED. Before his friends arrive. Jerk. The rest don't go to the boom zone and break a nearby wall. Jerks. We kills them. The stragglers run and don't do any real damage.
2.3 days. Scratched up eye? No siree, our last bionic eye goes in you.
2 days, everybody's fully healed, and we're actually cleaning the place up a bit. Then 19 tribal sappers show up. Great. They go for the ship, but we learned from last time and set up an IED roof trap. It kills 4 of them. We eviscerate the rest before they flee. We set up the roof trap and patch the wall.
1.2 days, thunderstorm right in the middle of the base. No actual damage though.
13 hours, another raid. Our last? 28 tribals and not a sapper in sight. Before they can kill themselves on our traps, Doctor Shrew (Yes that's the name he came with) steps on one of them. Great job, man. The tribals don't make it halfway down the trap corridor.
0 HOUR. While heading toward the ship, one guy throws a tantrum. SERIOUSLY? I give him one chance, and attempt arrest. He does not resist, but instead of stopping he just goes into a wander. I decide to leave him. As the final colonist gets in a chamber, he snaps out of it so I let him on too. A heat wave starts, and we lift off.

Lancefighter

Quote from: gkolocsar on August 15, 2018, 09:25:02 AM
How do you setup those IED roof traps? With regular roofs? Didnt know that worked...
if you look on the left of the image he linked, youll see a number of wooden walls with roofs attached, with ieds next to them. Nothing particularly special, just a wood pillar and a roof zone.

basically, bait enemies under roofs by providing 'cover', and line the cover with enough ieds to explode the cover. Once the single wood pillar explodes (as wood tends to do next to ieds..) the entire roof falls on anyone nearby.

alxddd

I too had this happen and could not believe that my downed colonists were lost forever. This has to be something that is planned to be changed I imagine.

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on August 14, 2018, 08:47:40 PM
I've done at least 4 of them by now with no issue, 5th one has a manhunter ambush with 12+ foxes vs 2 people. I'm thinking "fuck, they're probably gonna get downed." I start getting extra pods built to send in reinforcements with my melee dudes to rescue these two.

The caravan people go down, the scenario map is force-closed and I'm told that the caravan was lost.

This actually kinda pissed me off, because I just lost both my best builder and miner to something that could of been salvageable, but the game decided that scenario was done and therefore they're lost forever. It's not like they died from a mid-caravan ambush, they were downed in a static spot where I could of easily sent in reinforcements if it wasn't for the fact the game auto-closed it.

These scenario maps should not auto-close at all unless all colony pawns are dead or taken off-map. If I wasn't running commitment mode for this, I probably would of reverted to a previous save. If you want to push for commitment mode as the 'default' mode, these kinds of situations need looked at so the player doesn't feel like they were just cheated out of an interesting situation.

5thHorseman

Quote from: gkolocsar on August 15, 2018, 09:25:02 AM

Quote from: Lancefighter on August 15, 2018, 02:04:08 PM
if you look on the left of the image he linked, youll see a number of wooden walls with roofs attached, with ieds next to them. Nothing particularly special, just a wood pillar and a roof zone.

Basically what Lancefighter said, but for clarity here's a closeup of the area with roof visuals (zones and roofs themselves) turned on.

It also shows how I got the idea. There was a small mountain just outside my base and I took out all but one pillar, and then thought how cool it would be to make that collapse on raiders. Once I put IEDs there I realized I could make my own "mountains." I don't claim to be the first to discover and use this, but I did think it up on my own.

You can see several iterations of this, and how to add turrets in the inner wall. Sometimes the raiders just step on the traps (especially while they're wandering around waiting for the sapper to dig through the wall) and sometimes they use the pillar for cover (that's the best).

Having the pillar away from the main base wall helps keep the wall from exploding, but severely limits the usefulness of the trap. As an example of this, nobody EVER hit that "under the mountain" one even though one of the two most favorite sapper entry points was directly north of it (where those two IEDs are in that dead-end hallway).

I found that the best way to set up the IEDs was forward/back from the wall, not side/side as shown here. When running around your walls, raiders jog left or right to miss pillars by one square, and never run all the way up and THEN turn. So that one in the lower right would get far more attackers than the ones up the left wall. I never fixed it because I'm lazy, though in hindsight I could easily have moved them. You don't have to disassemble and reassemble them now.

I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.

EvadableMoxie

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on August 14, 2018, 08:47:40 PM

This actually kinda pissed me off, because I just lost both my best builder and miner to something that could of been salvageable, but the game decided that scenario was done and therefore they're lost forever.

I agree with everything you said, but for the record, they aren't lost forever.  Since they never actually 'died' the game considers them alive and out there somewhere.  I had this same thing happen to me and I got both pawns back eventually via prisoner rescue events.  This is despite their friends having negative mood buffs saying they died.

Snafu_RW

Hmm.. <animal revenge> letter (eg while hunting) no longer auto-cancels once <animal> is downed/dead

FWIW I can't find a quick way to discover my build version in-game: only option I can see is to save/exit then reload :(
Dom 8-)

5thHorseman

Quote from: Snafu_RW on August 15, 2018, 09:09:39 PM
FWIW I can't find a quick way to discover my build version in-game: only option I can see is to save/exit then reload :(

This always bugged me while playing but never lasted until I got to the forum. I think the lower right where it says "Development Build" should say "Development Build 0.19.1987" or whatever.