Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Thanks everyone for the great feedback! These stories are very useful.

Please keep it coming and please do include this information at the top:

Storyteller:
Difficulty:
Biome/hilliness:
Commitment mode:
Colony age (days):
Hours played in the last 2 days:
Complete mod list:

A new build is up.

A lot of effort in this build went into making transport pods a bit more usable, with fewer stupid AI failures. Various changes were made in this direction.

Bed assignments won't be lost when pawns go on a caravan.

We also addressed an old AI limitation/bug that caused them to interpret open doors as closed, which should make them act a bit less stupidly around opening/closing doors. It remains to be seen how this affects strategy, but I'd be happy to hear about it.

Pelvis and ribcage and similar bones are now impossible to "destroy" since there's no reasonable way to replace them and anyway, a human can't "lose" his pelvis.

Also a bunch of bugs were fixed.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

5thHorseman

I know we're supposed to not comment on changes but
Quote from: Tynan on August 15, 2018, 09:39:50 PM

THANK YOU
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

fritzgryphon

QuoteA lot of effort in this build went into making transport pods a bit more usable, with fewer stupid AI failures. Various changes were made in this direction.

We also addressed an old AI limitation/bug that caused them to interpret open doors as closed, which should make them act a bit less stupidly around opening/closing doors. It remains to be seen how this affects strategy, but I'd be happy to hear about it.

Yes!

Yoshida Keiji

Mechanoids, particularly Scythers and Lancers feel like they are made of paper. Make them tougher to destroy like before. Same goes for the ol'mighty Thrumbo. It just cannot be that insectoids beat down mechanoids this easily. Bring Scyther Blades back together with their salvageable weapons. Why aren't Mechanoids scary anymore?

1000TinyLlamas

Curious as to a potential implementation of the "medical emergency" alert when dealing with toxic build up affect

Starbug3D

Quote from: 5thHorseman on August 15, 2018, 09:12:22 PM
This always bugged me while playing but never lasted until I got to the forum. I think the lower right where it says "Development Build" should say "Development Build 0.19.1987" or whatever.

When you click on the Menu in the bottom right, the build number is displayed in the upper-left corner.

pktongrimworld

hmmm, I dunno about the ribs/pelvis being errrm, indestructible... *maybe is time to add wheelchairs lol.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Starbug3D on August 15, 2018, 11:32:37 PM
When you click on the Menu in the bottom right, the build number is displayed in the upper-left corner.

Wow. It also shows up when you hit ESC. And even though I've done that sometimes a dozen or more times a session, I have never, ever noticed the build # was up there.

Thank you.
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.

Ser Kitteh

The new transport UI is great!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/457773643473354753/479556610042363935/20180816153205_1.jpg

Thanks Tynan. However, can we have a more blatant alert for transporting? My pawn was stuck in that pod for like 4 hours before I realised. Maybe have the transport pod shine up or light up? Ensure that the alert never goes away until it's launched or unloaded?

Motokosworld

Hey! Thanks for the update. (I am from Germany so sorry for the bad English.)

I have an idea for a nice feature.
If someone from your colony get crazy can the other colonists only knockdown the person instead of attack?

In the real life you wouldnt attack a crazy person with full force. You would try to knowdown them.

The same with prisoners or enemys that you like to catch. They should be markable as "knockdown not kill". Maybe its possible to use the same kind of function like the animal hunt or tame mark.

cactusmeat

Having caravans lost upon all pawns being downed feels quite silly, at times abrupt. There's no reason i can think of that it couldn't be like the main map of your colony where you watch them bleed out to see a game over screen. sometimes people get downed with blunt weapons and would be capable of walking within a minute, even with no enemies on that map.

I'd use the hell out of an unarmed attack option, i never want to break fingers of colonists or prisoners when they go berserk. It's a huge hassle to unequip all their weapons. This is also another reason to unequip your melee pawns if they are about to break, dont want them spearing the cook in the face...

Also would be nice to have a right click menu on paste dispensers. you can wait for a pawn to grab one and while they are on the tile you pause the game and draft and undraft them until you have the amount of meals you want, but for some reason you can't set a bill or even prioritize it. what if i want extra paste meals?

username2

Tribal, merciless, temperate forest, 40 days in.

Building speed feels way too fast for me with wood, steel.
I feel like I was able to achieve way too much with 40 days in merciless.

Also way too much steel around, and steel gets mined super fast. I had standing reserve of 1000+ 2 weeks into game.

Food gathering speed is also bit too fast, I have tons of food and my cook is mostly wandering around even though he's feeding 5 people + 3 animals.

Crafting needs some love already, 1 skill for many different activities, still not enough useful shit to craft.

If colonists cared more about what they wore at each point ("this armor is heavy - 8" / "I need a hat -6" / "wearing nice shirt +2", "wearing shitty pants -3"), had affinity for certain weapons ("I prefer using bows -5/+5"), etc, would probably make the whole crafting game much more relevant and help make the mood game less extreme

Animals follow into building when door hugging, massive difference, boom animals fucking scary now.

Muffalos self tamed after I got first quest in tribal, not sure if intentional, but I finally did first caravan runs and that felt great!

If that could be constant that getting quests add some chance for muffaloes to self tame would be awesome.

At same time my quests are giving me rewards that are far beyond tribal level. I would prefer to be given relevant rewards or at least not be able to do a power claw surgery on day 20 as a tribal.

Maybe random thought, but why does patchleather exist if we dont need to convert all leather to it before creating clothes? is it not meant as another (correct imo) step before crafting clothes?

I find that with tribals I need 2 research benches to make decent progress, and at the same time there's still not enough for my tribe to do in between discoveries. Having animal handling be worth while, or having to actively sustain def options like fire wall / oil wall, water moat with ammunition that needs to be continually created would fill that gap of things to do.

[attachment deleted due to age]

zizard

Ground penetrating scanner has only 50hp? Bit small for something worth 1k.

xion1088

Initial high Building Wealth even on Naked Brutality scenarios bug didn't get fixed this release, gotta keep waiting.

5thHorseman

Quote from: xion1088 on August 16, 2018, 09:38:59 AM
Initial high Building Wealth even on Naked Brutality scenarios bug didn't get fixed this release, gotta keep waiting.

Have they acknowledged it as a bug?