Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby23590

Quote from: Tynan on August 19, 2018, 12:14:55 PM
1. What happened?
2. What did you expect to happen?
3. How can I reproduce the issue?

Thanks.

1.When giving your pawn that you can control a range weapon. You can shoot in min-range it only works on your guys that you control only and use attack on your own pawn you control or on a building.
2.It's a 100% Accuracy in melee range but a shooter which is my guy i'm controlling is shooting his weapon in melee.
3.It's reproduce-able, bring out two colonists both in melee range. The shooter can fire in melee range inside of min-range shoot his friend.

But it also works in structures/buildings too if the shooter is in melee range including enemy outpost mini-turrets.

I kind of stumbled it by accident by shooting a pawn that's in a mental break going in a fire spree in melee range as i lost my apathy with that pawn who i lost care with. Luckily with manhunters and raiders, including berserk colonists. This works as intended and the shooter doesn't shoot in melee range.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

mlzovozlm

Cassandra Rough
Mountainous 30/60 Temperate
time: 9 years
Commit: No

sometimes it got really annoying that an incident happens just as those caravans come to my base, a manhuntting pack for example, i can either run out to help them, or ignore, running out mean i leave my perfect preparations with traps and all, not running out means a hefty minus into faction relationship -_-

seem like infestations're now not "baited" into dark rooms anymore, but sometimes, it ends up being very annoying when combined with solar flare, once, an infestation spawned in my weapon room, which is barely 'mountainy' at all since it's the very outer room of the base, so now i always have to get the pawns back into "Alert" zone (which is pretty much an 'extended' version of "Roof") whenever solar flare happens

the new wealth system in 0.19.1996-8 really gave me a suprise since it now take into account the bionic parts as the raids' strength jumped after the update, though it's reasonable i suppose, now ppl should stop giving pawns "unneccesary" bionic parts, i guess

i also noticed that, one of my non-chemical interest/fascinated pawn went on a psychoid tea binge, meanwhile one non-gourmand went on food binge :/ is it intended? (no, there wasnt a single "break risk" at those times)

the raid deversity seems off, with most of the raids 're mechanoids, which actually fine by me, since i can get free plasteels, especially raids with lots of centipedes, with the EMP traps & firefoam poppers in place, inferno centipedes 're basically useless, meanwhile heavy blast ones 're simply inaccurate, the only problematic mech raid's mass scyther rush

by 5507, everyone in the colony has already gone full cyborgs except for the sole problematic body purist, it's 5509 now & all i've ever got was 5 resurrect & 2 heal mech serum, of which, 3 resurrect get exchanged in caravan request, 2 heal mech serum used for some nose shatters (eventhough it was intended for torso injuries, the game recognize a lost nose's more 'important' than those brain scars & torso injuries, it's annoying, one way to fix this is smply review the weight/importance of each body part, each injury, or let player choose what they want to fix using the serum)
in any case, with all the healer mech serum used, i've been waiting for ages for another healer mech serum just to fix the cut off hand, scratch torso, & replace the bionic leg of the body purist, it's too rare for an important item, especially for those annoying purists :|

afterall, pawns naturally degrade overtime with all those injuries, now, with the artifical body parts counted into wealth, everytime a pawn get injured, you've to choose between banish them off because you can't fix them up, fix them up with bionic eventhough you may not want to upgrade them than what they already was before the injury, or, suffer the penalty of useless pawn for ages before a healer mech serum comes

roben

Quote from: roben on August 18, 2018, 05:56:06 AM
I noticed very frequent body part losses due to social fights.

It happened again. I did not really play much since the last post and I can't remember another social fight occurring since then.

[attachment deleted due to age]

alxddd

Storyteller: Phoebe
Difficulty: Rough
Biome/hilliness: Temperate Forest/Mountainous
Commitment mode: Yes
Colony age (days): 781
Hours played in the last 2 days: 10
Complete mod list: Conduit Deconstruct

Graphs: https://imgur.com/a/8QBwLnx

I wanted to start by talking about Bicarle a little bit. Bicarle was a crafter at heart. Right from his early days cutting stone, or refining chemfuel, to his slow but steady mastering of the tailoring bench, we knew he was destined for greatness with his hands. Together with his friend Lucy, they were the lifeblood of this colony. They ran the fabrication benches. Bicarle alone assembled almost every piece of clothing this colony wore. They build advanced components, all the bionics, every gun - everything - each with their own dedicated bench - never complaining about the long hours, or underground shelter. They just got it done, masterwork after masterwork. And that's why it was so difficult when an infestation from deep within the mountain and the biggest by far we'd ever seen (and right after the latest update) took his life. So we knew what we had to do - we had to bring him back.

We sent out two caravans. Now, I've sent caravans a lot in this now 781 day colony. But nothing like the search for the resurrection serum for Bicarle. We had a caravan of two out around the mountain range already fulfilling a caravan request, and so they starting walking in the other direction, moving from town to town. And we sent out another transport pod in the opposite direction doing the same. When both caravans started they journeys it was the very beginning of the spring, and they did not return home until winter. They visited almost 40 different towns, going probably more than double the transport pods' longest travel distance. But almost every town had the exact same things, and every town was missing the exact same thing. It wasn't until, while still on these long caravans around the globe, that we got an offer for the exact thing we needed in exchange for some measly thing like a few charge lances or marine armors. It was nothing to our booming colony, and just like that it was ours. The caravans began the long journey home, to get ready for space travel.

I have to say that while this journey was epic and entertaining, maybe in 40 towns you could have a little more variety, and maybe one of them might have a resurrection serum? I get you don't want them to be common, but when a player shows this kind of desperation, it's nice to be rewarded. I see that I was rewarded in the end (although it didn't pan out for us as you'll read), just in kind of a backhanded way. Also, when I say they all had the same things, I mean literally almost the exact same selection at every town, just different versions of the same things. I know we want to be able to depend on being able to buy certain things, but for immersiveness and fun, more variety would be better.

----

And so, we finally started the ship, and I took notes during the whole thing. They are a bit scattered maybe but all the details are there. Notes are followed by comments.

15 days to launch - colonists alive 17 - nothing happened
14 days to launch - colonists alive 17 - sapper raid, 29 people. trying to dig into a spot the have never tried before which doesn't really make any sense at the very edge of the map, a looooooong way from the base. mortars and some turrets and a uranium slug turrent took them out easily.
13 days to launch - colonists alive 17 - "several separate groups" land in pods, 29 scythers. took out my whole south side outer defence, but nobody wounded.
12 days to launch - colonists alive 17 - without enough time to rebuild, "several separate groups" of tribespeople come from three corners of the maps, 35 total. they all act like sappers which really throws me off. a few minor injuries but they were only from social fights that broke out during the raid. I was able to fight the two of the three with just mortors.
11 days to launch - colonists alive 17 - a group of mechanoids land right in my barn, 9 lancers. they kill almost all of my animals - luckily the only bonded animal, Ilarion, made it through with only a shredded heart and body (only! hahaha). I also had a colonist, Lucy, incapable of violence, caught in the crossfire and get an arm shot off. no bionics in stock, so that's just gonna have to be her life now. then with barely any time between, several separate groups of mechanoids are at the edge of the map ready to attack again. 4 inferno cannon centipedes, 7 heavy charge blaster centipedes, 2 scythers and 2 lancers. My south entrance is still decimated so at least they're only coming in from the east and north this time. my outer uranium slug turrents take care of the scythers and lancers, although I lose both in the process. these guys make a mess of things, destroying all kind of outer defences. this is the first attack i fear I might not fully recover from, if only for the damage they caused to my power grid and outer defences.
10 days to launch - colonists alive 17 - 9 centipedes, 9 lancers from the east. Kelly is in a daze in the field so I get Duster to try to sneak around and arrest her to avoid her getting killed. she went berserk when he tried it and she rad ran head on into the lancers. they downed her in the field. Joel is lit on fire from behind sandbags and he gets downed and Onesan gets killed trying to save him. Bicarle goes berserk because he's suffering from Resurrection Sickness. he attacks our Thrumbo and gets himself killed. Meanwhile the Thrumbo attacks the centipedes and gets downed in the field, only to die soonafter from her injuries. The rest of the colony retreats to the inner defences and a group of 49 Tribespeople come in from the south and are preparing to attack . Cristina goes to call for backup. The Eastern Verus Confederation sends 10 people in pods and they get downed by the mechs and flee almost immediately. Krystal is downed and Hurley is asked to rescue her but goes into a daze while carrying her to the hospital. Cristina waits for the Friendlies to get off the map so we can call for additional help (they won't come until the Friendlies are all gone because all our friends are enemies with each other) and then rescues Krystal herself while the rest of the colony tries to kill the rest of the mechanoids from behind sandbags. By now Duster is able to rescue Kelly except that he won't carry her back around the long way he came and the way he wants to go is through the remaining Lancers, who are out ranging and out shooting my colonists. Kelly dies in the fields. The 8 people West Mendos sends are more helpful and are able to go toe to toe with the Lancers and manage to take them out right as the tribespeople begin their assault. The tribespeople barely get through my already tattered defences and we are able to get a moment to breathe.
9 days to launch - colonists alive 14 - I'm just trying to rearm all my turrents, and repair and rebuild what can be rebuilt before the next attack. But then the Mental Breaks begin: Duster Goes Wild, Kaleun goes on a food binge, Joel goes on an alcohol binge, Hutch goes corpse obsession, Kit and Cam both go into a daze, Krystal and Bill both go catatonic, Hurley goes Slaughterer, and Trig literally GIVES UP and leaves the community (this one seems a little silly considering their days away from getting off the planet, but okay, I get it). I'm literally working them to death but it's the only way to get the defences back up.
8 days to launch - colonists alive 12 - But alas, a group of (only) 4 Scythers crash INTO MY HOSPITAL and start tearing things up. With only a few cuts we manage to take them down, although my only two meleers are dead or gone, so it does provide a special kind of challenge for the gunners. We get a caravan request. Bleh. I'm completely out of steel now so even the turrents I've managed to get back up an running, a lot of them are without any power.
7 days to launch - colonists alive 12 - I've been sending transport pods with everything I have left to give as gifts to my Allies to try to keep up the goodwill for when I need them, but since shit hit the fan a few days ago there's been no time to load them. I'm trying to dig enough granite to remake the traps and deep drill enough steel to be able to have some turrent defence. Cristina goes Berserk and gets shot in the kidney for it. I'm sure the dozens and dozens of dead bodies everywhere doesn't help, but there's no time to cremate them all. Another Mech raid, 10 Scythers from the south east. I call for backup immediately because we're still hurting. The help lands in my hospital and destroys the bed with Cristina in it. Not cool. The mechs are too fast to get to the mortars in time so we line up at the sandbags and wait. The Friendlies just barrel right into them - screw sandbag defences they say - but they manage to take all but two of them before fleeing, and before I lose 20 goodwill with them for "attacking Ellis" with my turrent. I manage to save Ellis though. One remaining Scyther chases one of their fleeing colonists all the way to the edge of the map and we have to wait for it to go all the way to the edge and back again. And while we're waiting, more mechanoids drop right on top of us - just 4 scythers this time. Our wealth hasn't dropped that much since the countdown began, but these smaller raids are definitely a welcomed "break."
6 days to launch - colonists alive 12 - Nina goes catatonic. We manage to at least get the dead colonists buried. We get an item stash quest. (maybe these should be disabled upon starting of the ship?) Raid - 3 Scythers land in different places in the fields. No problem. I just restrict everybody to the indoors and let the defences take care of it. I discover Wild Duster has been downed from food poisoning and so we rescue him. Lucy goes corpse obsession.
5 days to launch - colonists alive 12 - a group of 12 sappers are here, taking the barn entrance they seem to love so much. mortar time. with six mortars and 3 layers of granite wall for them to dig through I miss every shot except the last one. They make their way through the barn, across the river and continue digging into the hydro room. I move a couple of turrents there and wait. They are easily defeated and except for when I accidentally order three colonits to shoot Kaleun until she's downed it goes well. Hutch goes Slaughterer again, and I only have one Muffalo and my original Labrador Retriever, Ilarion, left. I planned on taking Ilarion with me and can't afford the bonded animal death at this point so I have Bill Anesthetize her and take her to a crytosleep casket to protect her from Hutch. As soon as I tell Bill to go through with the command (which says reserved by Hutch), Hutch changes which animal he's going to kill, which seems exploitable. theoretically couldn't you continue to interrupt his animal choice until he stopped his mental break? Anyway, I only realize now that Krystal has actually lost a leg days ago, so a peg leg is in order. Ellis, Duster and Kaleun are still in the hospital covered in slag metal and dirt from multiple pod crashes into it. Hurley is sad wandering still and starving.
4 days to launch - colonists alive 12 - Duster rises from his hospital bed, now stripped naked, and Kit is able to tame him with milk. Hurrah! Things are looking up! Kit falls into a Daze. Kaleun goes Wild. Damnit! Things are not looking up. We also can't leave with Kaleun and Bill, because they are the two original living colonists and they're married and despite Bill's shortcomings as a husband, they need to get off of this planet together. We're going to skip the taming and try to arrest her. She doesn't fight back! Duster goes into a Daze because he's still naked. I might have accidentally sent his clothes to an Ally for goodwill. Cristina is downed, I think because of a mangled scar on her brain. And Nina wakes up from her Catatonic State.
3 days to launch - colonists alive 12 - Raid, 23 tribepeople who will prepare for awhile. With only 2 days to go I'm going to use up all the goodwill I have. My tribe friends are unable to arrive in time due to being tribespeople (why is there an option to call them if they're never going to be able to come in time?) so I call West Mendos and they send 8 or so guys. They go straight for the tribespeople and get slaughtered but help thin the crowd a little. Taisia goes on a pyschite binge because she's recreation-deprived. Some cows join the colony. Ellis, the saved friendly, gets up from her hospital bed and leaves the map, but not before almost getting herself killed along the way. The tribespeople begin their assault but very quickly we kill a couple of them and they flee. We run to put out the fires that our Allies caused fighting the tribespeople in the corner of the map. Joel goes into a daze. And then the toxic fallout hits. We decide to arrest Joel and Duster to prevent them from getting toxic buildup. Joel doesn't put up a fight but Duster does so we just drag him straight to a hospital bed.
2 days to launch - colonists alive 11 - We release Joel and he immediately goes into another Daze. And the a Raid of two separate sets of 12 tribespeople each enter. But they're preparing and Joel doesn't resist his arrest again. I call for support again and another 10 colonists come landing to help, this time going straight for the north group and fending them off and then coming down to help with the Southern group's attack. Flawless execution. Once they all flee, the Friendlies stick around and wait for more raids, which I like. Hurley immediately goes slaughterer again, but it's only the recently joined cows that he has to kill since Ilarion is safe in the casket. I decide to try releasing Kaleun since we don't have time to recruit her. She runs off, still wild, and B-lines straight off the edge of the map, gone forever. Did not see that coming. We release Joel and he's fine, for now.
1 day to launch - colonists alive 12 - Cristine and Duster are still unable to walk, so we load them into the ship early. Everyone's got toxic buildup, but we need to be repairing. I don't know what the last day will bring. Bill goes on a Murderous Rage and tries to Kill Camgorar. My broken and bruised colonists go on a slow wild chase around the maze of our base trying to stop him. Once them catch him they can't knock him down through his marine armor. After he knocks down Joel and takes a real beating, he falls. they fix them both up. Bill doesn't look like he's going to be able to walk for a bit so we carry him to the ship. I've limited everyone to our Toxic Fallout area just in case, and have changed everyone's work schedule to Anything all the time so they can tend to their needs. But on the last day, there were no raids. So with 12 colonists mostly in tact, and one dog, they departed.

----

Honestly, that was really wild. I think I got a bit screwed by the install bionics wealth bump, because I never faced anything like some of those bigger raids for this whole game. I think the game could use some kind of Battle Won moodlet, or Adrenaline Rush moodlet, or even just a We're Going To Space moodlet - something to help with the mental breaks at these crucial times. They were unexpectedly the second hardest part of keeping up with everything over these 15 days, way unlike everything we'd had previously, and really impossible to keep up on the causes of them. The dead bodies alone would cause everyone to break during those days. The hardest part of all was all the Mechanoids - which I did not love. It felt like 3/4rds of the raids were mechs. Why so many? Why not more pirates? I was friends with 3 other factions, but now I'm thinking that's probably not worth the trade off of having more mechs at the end. The first couple I thought, "This is great, I can break them down and I'll have more steel to rebuild with!" But there's no time for that when you're getting pummeled like this. I'd much prefer to have larger numbers of raiders and tribespeople than more of these insanely powerful mechs. I'm thinking about doing a mech-free game next just to shake off that experience.

I hope this was overall helpful and not too long or rambly to be useful. Now to figure out how I'm going to traverse a 100% map to the AI ship in my next game!

[attachment deleted due to age]

Dashthechinchilla

For me the ship cost was fine, and it took an ok amount of time to build. I would say the biggest shift was going from making it so you can't find enough uranium to not enough plasteel. I didn't have a deposit above ground on my temperate small hills map, but I did get a meteorite of it. The process of deep drilling for it was painfully slow. One cycle dosent even make enough to make one advanced component, which you need tons of.

5thHorseman

Bug report with mods installed so in theory it could be a mod:

SHORT:
Either reforming a caravan twice (I visited 2 quests in the same caravan), a caravan member dying, or a new member joining resets the bed assignments to "unassigned" for the (living) caravan members.

MODS:
Hugs
Soil Clarifier
Toolboxifier
Prosthetic Icons
Squad UI Tweaks
Auto Seller
Hand Me That Brick Lite
No Forced Slowdown
Deep Ore Identifier
Modsync RW
While You're Up

LONG:
I created a caravan and sent it of. The 3 members of the caravan's beds were still saved in the colony (yay)
I went to my first quest and dealt with it unscathed (yay)
I left that first quest and went to a second one, which was a prisoner rescue quest. One of my colonists got shot but didn't die yet. We rescued the prisoner, and then the shot colonist got an infection which eventually killed her.
I then reformed that caravan and sent them to a third location, a town to sell all the junk so we could walk home quicker.
Then I noticed that the bed assignments had at some point reset.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

mlzovozlm

Quote from: 5thHorseman on August 19, 2018, 09:10:53 PM
(may be, suppose so, i'm not too sure) this happened to my run too, kinda

basically, i send a 7-pawn caravan on a item stash, which was guarded, 1 pawn get killed, instantly, INSTANTLY, by a poor-sniper-rifle-low-shooting-skill pirate eventhough the guy was wearing full marine suit (power helmet+armor) :|, anyway, he got resurrected after the caravan get home 1.6d later, but i remember having to reassign 1 or 2 beds, aside from the resurrected pawn

RawCode

Quote from: fritzgryphon on August 19, 2018, 01:25:53 PM
Each major ship part requires a unique component that is only attainable from quests, or sacking pirate bases.  Pirate bases respawn in a random location if destroyed.  The player always has something interesting to do while building the ship (and finally a reason to carry out offensive raids).

dat absurd grindwall.
it will be like Dig of Die when your superior engineering mind can't make ablative coating from anything expect specific "demon" skin owned by single specific demon.
you have entire world, but must visit very specific pirate base that for some reason have singular mandatory item.

game should not forcefeed and demand from player to do caravan stuff, yes this is major feature, but it should not be forced and absolutely mandatory.

Jarl

Storyteller: Cassandra
Difficulty: Merciless
Biome/hilliness: Temperate Forest, Flat
Commitment mode: self-enforced yes
Colony age (days): 390
Hours played in the last 2 days: 8
Complete mod list: Numbers, Export Agency, Harvest Mature Plants!

I just lost my game during the launch countdown - which is fine, I like idea of the final challenge. At 400k wealth the raids are intense, which is also nice.
With that said, when i started the countdown I lost pretty much immediately, due to the raids coming so fast, that i had 3 raids on the map at the same time (normal size map). The first raid being a 40man sapper raid, that i shelled with 6 motors and used 3 artifacts on to stop mining - still they got through 5 spread walls and the following two raids of finished the job, as i was still fighting the first raid.
Is it intentional that there can be this many raids at once? (I get it if it is sieges and you try to wait them out).

Tass237

Quote from: Tynan on August 18, 2018, 10:13:12 AM
Also, I'm looking for feedback on the cost of the ship. It's much less than B18, but how is it? Does it feel like it takes too long to build, too short, or okay?

I'm in the middle of building the ship in my playthrough right now. Cass Rough, Boreal Flat, ~450 days, ~13 hours in last 2 days, No Mods. Self-Imposed Commitment mode.

I have found it to be reasonable in terms of the raw resources. I can't gain any of the requirements too quickly, but my bottleneck is consistently the Advanced Components. I have 2 high-level crafters, and 1 low-level crafter, and it takes me a lot of time to build up all of the Advanced Components necessary, while also maintaining the colony's needs. I reliably have all the steel, uranium, and plasteel I need sitting around for a quadrum before I can get enough adv. Components for the next part. I'm buying all the ones I can, but I also keep needing to use them for bionics, anytime a limb or eye gets lost. It would help if the structure beams didn't need adv. components, and the cryptosleep caskets didn't need quite as many each.

I also wish that deep drilling for stone chunks didn't take as long as it does. Seeing as how it isn't looking for special resources, and unlike other mined resources, the chunks will still need additional processing to be usable, it would be nice if stone chunks mined up faster through the deep drill.

While I am not using any mods, for purposes of better testing, and 0.19 has eliminated my need for many mods, there are still 2 or 3 mods I intend to use once I am no longer playing on unstable branch. I still want to use the Cleaning Area mod, a mod to decide where traders hang out (in the middle of my largest stockpile, please!), and maybe a mod for better meal control.

I really wish there was some kind of facial reconstructive surgery I could do, to help the "disfigured" pawns with no nose. It is a kind of surgery we have in modern medicine, so I wish I could do it in Rimworld, as there is no other reliable way to fix a missing nose. I would be happy with it mandating normal medicine, rather than herbal, but it sucks that my people lose their nose so easily (9 out of 16 are missing a nose now) but there is no way to replace it.

I love the current iteration of the LRMS, and I'm mostly using it for gold and silver.

RawCode

One more Merciless Randy tribe run ended long before spaceship.
40k wealth, not ever able to get electronics research, chunk of toxic ship fall right on me.
ah no problem, just set some traps and walls around it, easy kill!

trying to build trap near ship ever without damaging it caused mechanoid spawn, single centipede with flame cannon, that started to burn everything around.

well, trying to down centipede with bows gone bad, very bad, just like attempt to melee it, all combat colonists gone down eventually.

Remaining colonists with "violence" locked where kept safe and after centipede wander a bit away managed to carry away few downed pawns, not without getting burned a bit, but they managed it.
Then owner of pets died and his pets gone manhunter and finished colony.

Well, violence locked colonists suck, looking how barely alive husky that othervice will go down from single hit killed two people who refuse to defend themselves was awful.

Dashthechinchilla

Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on August 19, 2018, 09:03:57 PM
For me the ship cost was fine, and it took an ok amount of time to build. I would say the biggest shift was going from making it so you can't find enough uranium to not enough plasteel. I didn't have a deposit above ground on my temperate small hills map, but I did get a meteorite of it. The process of deep drilling for it was painfully slow. One cycle dosent even make enough to make one advanced component, which you need tons of.
I was thinking that there were a few points I forgot to make. First I didn't struggle with uranium because I had some above ground deposits and a meteorite or two.

Second, it is also hard to trade for plasteel. I can't pay traders to visit, and the faction rep is a little challenging to come by with the random visits. I could go to a town, but that takes time and food. Plus you need stuff to trade. Last is the mineral scanner. Not a bad idea, but I am always squeemish about unknown danger. Especially since on my playthrough I only had one miner.

podium86

Is there a problem with slept in heat penalty atm?
Just started a new game and a room with campfire at 28 degrees celsius triggers the slept in heat penalty. Really don't think thats considered HOT.

5thHorseman

Quote from: podium86 on August 20, 2018, 09:53:51 PM
Is there a problem with slept in heat penalty atm?
Just started a new game and a room with campfire at 28 degrees celsius triggers the slept in heat penalty. Really don't think thats considered HOT.
It's not painful or anything but I'd probably be at least mildly cranky after sleeping in that temperature.

Note each pawn has their own minimum and maximum comfortable temperature. I believe if the temperature gets above that max they'll have the debuffs associated with it.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Jarl

The market value of smoothed stone walls seems to be kinda unbalanced.
A normal marble wall is 7,67, while a smoothed is 25.
I get that it gives beauty too, but not enough to justify that increase imo.
I at cant see myself use this cool feature at least, due to it increasing wealth too much.