Yoshida Keiji's Unstable 1.0 Randy Extreme Tropical Forest Small Hills

Started by Yoshida Keiji, June 17, 2018, 10:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshida Keiji

Started a game with Randy Extreme in Tropical Forest.

First thing I notice is the Factions now has Neutral Outlanders in cyan. Map Generates and now animals have more definition.

I open the Work tab hoping to see "Repairs" and it is still not there...sigh... I see Plant Cutting now has flames.

Checking Animals tab and I see all pets are already tamed...makes sense to me.

Wildlife tab is for pussies.

Research tree revamped, cool. Noticed Prosthetics and Bionics now available.

History tab with Show letters looks interesting, lets hope all notifications remain listed.

Checking now my first 5 starter pawns that were not randomized as its my own play style.

One of them has "Tunneler" trait...this one was missing for long ago, good job there.

Starting to play:

Day 01:

Look for a sweet spot near the Ancient Shrine if possible and with an ancient room around as I never build my stating room myself, this is a "Small Hills" map, I create a Stockpile and set a roof so my staff won't deteriorate and I get the notification that I cannot build a roof with the presence of a tree, this one is good update, gives a more realistic impression without z-level.

One of my pawns doesn't haul, look at the Character profile and set to Growing my first plantation and slightly heard the sound of area expansion, I liked it.

I now noticed the "Toggle automatically rebuild of destroyed structures"...this must be your way to make up for the loss of the "Repairs" work.

Looooooooooolssss....one of my pets is a boomrat!!!

My pawns start building the colony and noticed the weapon range bubble without need to draft a pawn, that was a sweet and smooth upgrade, thanks.

Double sleeping spot is nice and long needed.

Owwww how cute... my third pet is a Chinchilla!

I always schedule all my pawns to have 1 hour of Recreation/Joy before their sleep time, it looks like the Wandering around joy pathes.... Them too far away, maybe its the same as before.

Finished my first day like this:

Yoshida Keiji

Day 02:

I think I saw a Hauler who is not set as builder placing materials over the blueprints, makes sense, then he re-arranged the raw material stacks...nice surprise!!!

Targeted my first hunt and the prey notification has an animal revenge probability chance based on ranged weapon range, nice nice nice.

Birdskin deteriorating for being outdoors, new thing. Let's hope they are easier to stack than before. Oh... okay everything deteriorates for being outdoors now.

Predator Scanning...because...you know... Good to see a turtle finally put up a fight.

Rushing to make a Storage Room due to the new deterioration factor, this is how I finished my second day:

Yoshida Keiji

Yoshida Keiji

Day 04:

Nice addition, as a Lost Tribe exclusive player, the Faction names need more single words. Just look at us: Canadian, American, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Indian... The name selection has lots of option that start with "The" and have four to five words each. I think that kind of naming should be exclusive to Crash-landed scenario only.

I have this pawn who is good at "Social", I think we need to give this job a bump and if for example all pawns are at their Recreational time, the highly social should play a role that involves the whole colony, as Leader, Storyteller, Messenger, Judge, Police...

Proceeded to close in the outer walls, I noticed that building speed has considerably increased and because of this haulers give priority to construction and the downside being some stuff still left laying outside. I think you should make the raw material that had deteriorated have some sort of effect in the end production, like:

* The outer wall should have different section "Health Points" based on the deteriorated or not raw material.
* The cooked food should have a higher chance of intoxication/poisoning based on the deterioration of the raw material.

This is my progress so far, just looking carefully at the Marshy Soil so that I can build as straight as possible.

Yoshida Keiji

Day 05:

Must mitigate their mood, using the hide of three elephants to make bedrolls for all. In Tropical Forest the heat is being felt now and laid a cooler blueprint but all the wood was taken towards the Eastern wall. Makes sense to prioritize walls over coolers, but that accidentally caused my colony to sleep another night with heat. Maybe construction should have its own "Work tab" of priorities, so that the players tell what has to be built first, but at least at the start, no complaining.

Hour before bed set to Recreation, pawns wander off to map borders...this is dangerous and stupid, must go to the official report page.

Yoshida Keiji

Day 06:

Halted city walls as the imminent first raid should be around the corner. Crafted Recurved bows for my 4 ranged fighters and started making War Masks for protection. Built a second Research bench and laid blueprints for table which will soon be followed by chairs.

Yoshida Keiji

Day 07:

This is odd, yesterday's 2x4 table blueprint got filled with 78/95 wood materials while there's 140 raws remaining uncollected. Why my constructer couldn't finish a table in one day is awkward...

Yoshida Keiji

Day 08:

Some of those 140 wood had been hauled but most still remain outside...why?
I mined some steel and those did got hauled...

Jailbird, the name of my boomrat pet, got Plague, and because it's bonded, I treated it with Medical Herbs.

Now this... I have to say it... Most people don't like me already but it is something that HAS to be said...

Remember the wounded Panther of Day 02...it bleed out... that must have been some "ninja" turtle (Heroes in a half shell, turtle power!)...Again and again...Why oh why are people so scared about Predators? Its not like the Predators Schwarzenegger had to fight off...

Free meat thanks to "A" turtle!!!

Hummm... my pawns quit all their tasks and start to take random break times...must be the low Recreation bar, so... adding "Hoopstone Ring" & "Game of Ur board".

Midnight in Japan now...so...nite nite.

Yoshida Keiji

Day 09:

There are 3 rats walking over my rice field, lets get rid of them. Pawns start to shoot at them and... Chased refugee event triggers...

Cool...looks like I can get an "Exotic Chef"...okay...

...wait a sec...ond... Wasnt he an Exotic Chef...????? TYNAN!

I manage to capture the raider which I plan to use to improve relations as his stats are bad, to hopefully remove the -20... made a prison and as soon as Im done incarcerating the enemy... An "Escape Pod" event triggers...

I rescued the fallen and in the meantime, Lurch my builder, makes a Masterwork stool, oh okay.

The Escape Pod occupant decided to leave... Trigger happy...so yeah, you can go...

Yoshida Keiji

Day 10:

WOW...the Escape Pod traveler was a member of the Outlander faction and rescue him gave me +20 relationship! I didn't notice his alliance until he left...lucky me that I didn't attempt capture... Maybe this needs to be indicated with some sort of highlight in the character profile... I did liked the score notification.

Coolers get "refueled" now...? Practical but not realistic, but Im fine with it I think... I did my homework of the wind towers in Middle East countries.

Noticed a panther approaching slowly and because its food bar was 3/4... I left it for tomorrow. When I wake up in the morning, I will send all pets to the safe zone and hunt it down with 4 of my ranged, the other 2 being melee.

Again... Whats exactly scary about Predators? Today while I was at work I couldn't stop thinking about that brave little turtle who died with honor, it fought bravely and earned my "Respect". Something that most people in this Community will never gain. I should have made a Sarcophagus for that turtle and maybe name it either Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael or Leonardo.

Yoshida Keiji

Day 11:

Sent 4 Recurved bow shooters to mass shot arrows.

Released the prisoner and improved relations, one more and I get "Goodwill".

This is Tropical Forest, the land of diseases and Im low on Meds. I found three patches of Rich Soil which I will use to plant Herbal Medicine, but my two growers have skill level 5 and 7... Healroot requirement is 8. So to help improve their skill, I make a Strawberry plantation for skill leveling rather food. Those two pawns are "Orange" and "Rat". Until today, Orange (Growing skill lvl 5), was assigned to Cooking, both growers are also the Researchers and my Stonecutting is still at 505/600. I also have the new member Zug, the Exotic Chef who doesn't cook. Non of my 6 pawns have any passion for Cooking, so now I sent "Huntsman" to the kitchen, it was the member going idle the most as there is still not much to do unless I start developing more technologies...

Yoshida Keiji

Day 12:

Nothing really exiting today, just covering basic needs, the full day was spent at the plantations. Doubled the stock of rice. Growing skills overall are still low so it takes time.

Yoshida Keiji

Day 13:

Strawberry plantation was finished and my two growers who are also the researchers went to the lab, it took us 13 days to learn Stonecutting...thats kinda slow. In the meantime, the others were tasked to open a path surrounding the Ancient Shrine and also to build the future workshop room of 14x14 to host all workbenches, we need to start production of stone blocks. Fire will be a real hazard here.

Yoshida Keiji

Day 14:

My first raider.

Positioned three of my shooters to fire from different directions...the enemy used a rock for cover but...he starts to tend himself?

Well...thanks for all the apparel and the gun I guess...

I guess this is how the Community wants the game to be...

Yoshida Keiji

Day 15:

Prisoner rescue quest event for a Machine Collector: Social -3; Crafting +6 and Research +6... Taking into account my current colonists, they only job that has no one with interest/passion flame is Cooking so I'm not that much interest but lets see where he is...

Two days out...ummm...nope.

Both my growers were still low skill level to plat Healroot yet so I set a random plantation of Smokeleaf... until "Rat" finally reached level 8 and started working on the Herbal Medicine.