Yoshida Keiji's Unstable 1.0 Randy Extreme Tropical Forest Small Hills

Started by Yoshida Keiji, June 17, 2018, 10:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshida Keiji

Day 16:

Stone block production started, my map has only two types: Limestone and Marble, limestone being the most resistant of the two, I start making a limestone wall on the Northern side to finally close the City Walls.

Yoshida Keiji

Day 17:

Lurch being my best builder, goes on an Ambrosia binge (Chemical Interest), and I only had 2 units. His burning passion at building skill level 8 wasted for the day. But the Northern Wall construction must continue, so I send "Black" instead who only has Interested Passion at building skill level 4, he takes some blocks and only completes a 6 ticks left limestone door plus 4 wall segments.

Fifteen monkeys approach my base from the Northern West side, so I ordered grass cutting to halt their advance, I notice the new graphic representation has bubbles as a sign while dragging the mouse cursor. I think I shall complete the Northern Wall starting from the Western side so as to keep the monkeys at bay...

Yoshida Keiji

Day 18:

Another character mental breaks, this time is "Black" the replacement builder, so I send "Rat" instead who is my best grower and the one tasked to finish the heal root plantations, she is also Interested Passion at construction skill level 4.

At 15.00hs, another Prisoner rescue event triggers, this time a "Rebel Fighter", I don't know the stats of this one, hopefully a good shooter.

Let's see where he is:

Four days away... I didn't went to rescue Lolita at two days away so... guess what?

A few hours later a Thrumbo appears, gonna fight it only if I finish the Northern Wall. Lercha, recovers are resumes construction operation, I left Rat to help him for the day, but tomorrow, she must continue the heal root plantation.

Yoshida Keiji

Days 19 20 & 21:

These three days were all the same trying to complete the Northern Wall. I noticed the thrumbo was leaving the map, so I iniciated an attack to retain it and then I sent another pawn to help the hunt, but both were weak at Shooting, many arrows missed and couldn't help much after a chase across the whole map, the beast left with 197% bleeding.

Some faction relations points dropped... don't know why cos I didn't do anything...

The Northern Wall is almost done, just need to connect both sides in the center.

The 15 monkeys made a turn backwards on their advance, a benefit of the tropical biome with its constant vegetation respawn.

Yoshida Keiji

Day 22:

YAY finally some action! Cave tender stats: Cooking +4; Medicine +3; Crafting +2. Let's hope the new guy at least has Interested Passion in Cooking which is the only vacant slot non-specifically designated to anyone in particular but tasked by shifts mostly.

No Interested Passion...oh well...unluck me. Trigger-happy... I don't like those, at least not at early stage...

Raiders arrive from the outlander faction, a total first for me because so far I never pissed off outlander factions, except for a few accidental friendly shots that were easily reverted after rescuing some of their members and released them on recovery. I wish selecting all the enemies would besides displaying their weaponry, would also count the numbers. There's more than 1 with revolver, so a Revolver x3 indicator would polish the new display.

Hummm...one of them "Edouard", is the brother of their Faction leader, if not K.I.A., Im definitely capturing this one!

Two of them go chase the refugee through the South and the others go to the North as the City Wall is incomplete yet.

Okay...things get nasty here, but this is "half" my fault... Undrafted pawns eats while under fire at the door...yeah...I should have just moved it "1" tile below before undrafting...but "Ideally", I would have prefer the pawn to go for wound treatment first than eating... "Orange" doesn't "Haul" so I cant take the meal to close the door...

Why pawns eat while getting shot at is really perplexing to me... Maybe an AI patch that prioritizes recovery over eating can solve this. After all any Doctor can feed patients too, right?

And now... What really pisses off every RW player..."Pathing"...

I would have expected Lercha, to fall back from the right as the walls were not erected yet...but instead... He goes left...to eat bullets... I get it, Ludeon fixed the problem where everybody would walk over a tile under construction and the building would stop, making it a never ending task... And on the other hand...there is no "heat map" for pawns to identify where are the bullets coming from... so to pawn AI its just walking in the park time...

...and Lercha dies...meaning savescumming time... which means Version 1.0 has tons of QoL upgrades but nothing really substantial in what "really" matters...

Yoshida Keiji

Day 23:

Following the game after a save scum. Whenever there is a "Pathing" problem, I have the tendency to reload after a fatality, I don't care otherwise if its just wounds that don't leave a permanent mark.

This day there was a Party so people spent most of the day inside with nothing being done.

From now on because all my screenshots displaying my entire colony were at night with darkness, I will be taking pictures at sunrise to improve visibility for readers. This is the base layout so far...

Yoshida Keiji

Days 24 25 26 27:

I get a Caravan request:

* They want 110 Gold.
* For: a Vanometric power cell and 2 Orbital Bombardment targeters.

I don't really need the price specifications, what was that meant for? An extra incentive to players weak in maths? The rewards are clearly high priced regardless of their silver value. The pathing information for traveling distance and time is certainly a shortcut for checking the World map instead, saving us some analyzing time and effort.

But unfortunately...my map has no gold mines visible at least... so why did the game prompted me to prepare Gold?... Yeah...28 days is a lot of time and maybe Gold just falls from the sky but...couldnt it have been something else? And as a tribal I don't want to travel 6~7 days on my early phase...worst considering I'm in tropical biome.

Finished "Complex Clothing" on day 25. It's time to use those excessive furs clogging my stockpile.

I started placing Sandbags on each entrances.

Dromedaries join!!! Yes!!! I was always wandering why I can't get them in Hot biomes but wool bearing animals only. I need Camelhair cowboy hats when still far from Electricity so this is a real well done job.

...and the guy...couldn't wait a sec...and had to unload asap...

I finished research of "Devilstrand" and now currently studying "Smithing" at 535/1400. My growers are at "Orange" level 8 and "Rat" level 9...so a few more plant sowing and ready to start plantation of Devilstrand.

With the City Walls completed, now it's time to start building private rooms of stone at the Southeast corner of my base since we are settled towards that map corner and I need fast reaction/combat positioning in case enemies appear at night.

Yoshida Keiji

Days 28 29 30:

On the 28th I get another Caravan request:

Unless it was meant to be a chained quest, as it requests the reward of the first Caravan request... I don't see how a tribal is supposed to get such item, anyone?

On the 30th I can finally harvest some Healroot, I should be getting advanced medicine now for Plague and Malaria mostly.

Later on at night, a manhunter pack of six Cassowaries. No stone gathering outside the walls for a few days I guess... at least not from the direction they are coming...

Yoshida Keiji

From day 31 to 37:

Raw food was being left outside due to lack of storage space, so I reassigned new stockpiles. The Northern Wall room of stone to keep my wood, a bit far but okay. The Workshop shall store stone and stone blocks, leathers and apparels.

Four days later, I get an Escape Pod, hoping the occupant would become a new member as Im lacking hands a bit.

The occupant turns out to be a member of an Outlander faction, so cannot recruit for myself. On the same day Smithing research is completed, so I start to craft better weaponry, Gladius for my melees and soon Greatbows for my ranged fighters.

A day afterwards, the Escape Pod occupant from the outlander faction called: "Arora" leaves and my relation improves to 39 points.

On that same day, "Rat" reaches Growing skill level 10 and Devilstrand plantation starts, "Orange" is at Growing skill level 8, soon to turn 9 and will catch up while training more in a Potato field. Soon to replace both rice and strawberries. Made another stockpile for steel by the Steam Geyser.

On the 37th day, two rooms had already been completed. One room was given to "Huntsman" who is a Quick Sleeper and always wakes up early, so that one cannot be in a barrack for long. Second private room is assigned to "Rat" who happens to be the most always getting minor mental break alerts. Other two more single rooms are currently being built.

Research is now on "Plate Armor" currently at 435/3600, cant wait to see this new feature.

After I finish 6 individual rooms, I shall start "Fireproofing" my base, surroundings are too flammable.

Yoshida Keiji

Days from 38 to 41:

On the 38th, a Wanderer Joins...name is "Bascullo" sister of "Huntsman", I guess she followed Huntsman bread pieces. Good to be Doctor, Burning Passion for Shooting and 26 years old Nudist (no complaining).

Same day but at night, 2 Bulls join, not 2 Cows as the notification letter says, but since both are males...no breeding...that's gay...

On the 39th, an Escape Pod crashes over a wild boar... Let's see what we get...

Ummm...nope...this Ramsey looks stupid...

He belongs to an outlander faction with negative relationship and also is brother of the Prisoner rescue event character "Lolita" who is 2 days away from my colony and still has 17 days for rescue...

It would be fun if we could have a game opportunity in which we tell the guy a deal like: "-If you join us, we go rescue your sister.-"...but I guess that's too much to ask, right?

Day 40, a Pirate merchant arrives, selling that stupid Ramsey would only give me $100? This means that in Version 1.0 Extreme difficulty...one cannot become a "Slaver Colony"... Maybe this was the same in previous versions...but it feels like a game strategy variant was taken away from me...

Since this caravan gave me nothing, let's perform a Black Ops, get the last Panther in revenge mode and see what happens...

Look...the Panther goes to hunt a Chinchilla and my pawn "Black" shots at it and the panther flees but comes back to feed, then gets another hit and flees again...then once more returns to feed from his prey and now is killed by my pawn... Looks like Predators in VU1.0 got stupider ... But the Community is more scare than before...

On day 41, more faction relation deterioration.

Current base layout, 4 rooms finished and an extra small prison for Ramsey, gonna release this one to reduce the friction with his faction.

Already removing some trees and building flagstones on their tile as "Fireproofing" technique so nothing else grows in the spot, there's also had been maybe tree chopping at three tiles from wooden structures, trees that were at 100% growth already for max product. Waiting for more stone block production.

Yoshida Keiji

Days 42 to 49:

On the 42nd, an Incapacitated Refugee quest triggers, a scout named Yakov.

Let's see where he is:

One third of a day trip? Sure, I can do that. Okay, let's form a Caravan...

New user interface:

Nice upgrade, icon display to distinguish "bonded" animals and "pregnant" females, helps greatly to avoid taking the wrong pet.

Hummm...visibility percentage as stealth level, nice.

I released that stupid Ramsey from my prison and gained relationship point with his faction, from -40 points to -25 points.

Caravan forming has new icon display on the colonist bar.

Out in the World map, the notification log in white at the top is kinda redundant with the info box below, they say the same thing...

I notice the new Caravan User Interface in World Map. It looks mostly like a status check window as all that data can already be obtained prior leaving your Colony... oh well... I guess some people need double checking.

Ummm...this is NOT okay: You can now "Pause" your caravan so that...People can interact socially... This is kinda unrealistic...I'm an outdoorsy person, I go hiking mountains, I ride 100kms a day on a road bike, I camp and barbecue at the beach... and one thing you learn while being out there...is that you go talking with others all the way... This makes me think that Tynan never leaves Ludeon Studios, orders delivery pizza has a cleaning lady and any supermarket purchase is also delivered... Get some fresh air Tynan... What makes you think that going out doesn't relieve stress? I can play chess while in outdoors, I can play Game of Ur in outdoors, even Poker... Can't carry a billiard table of course.

Next day on the 43rd, I arrive at the hostage location and get a notification letter that reads: "Enemy turrets"...but doesn't count them...there are five of them.

One single guardian... with a Revolver and Shooting skill 1...

If you have been Caravanning for a long time, you know that there is no need to go forward and charge brainlessly, so I look around and see and old structure I can use as my own leader tent, I draw an area zone that won't put my guys at risk. Close the room with a door and fill up the openings. Make a stockpile inside and also place some sleeping spots. Pawns automatically unloaded raw food but not the Medicine, you have to order to drop manually.

This is the Incapacitated Refugee Health and Character stats:

I like him, so yeah let's do this. Were him to be a Chemical Fascination or an IoV, I would have just left after letting him die in 22hs.

A Solar Panel breaks down while I oversee some planning strategy.

Meh...this is lame... Greatbows outrange Mini-turrets...

The single guardian decided to attack... four of us... that's very wise...

...yeah...well...yeah...

Back at Home, "Plate Armor" research is completed, switching to Electricity.

Destroyed three of the five Mini-turrets and with cover of a solar panel I approach the refugee, and its only at close range that he notices me and triggers the joining.

I cant really pack much as I didn't came with any animals, so I take only the berries locally foraged plus 11 Components from the Deconstructed devices, I should have deconstructed the Batteries too, they are too heavy to load.

On the 44th, a Psychic Ship crash lands in my Colony, so instead of chilling around here, I need to return asap... It landed near a Small Hill, facilitating defense preparations.

Back at the refugee site...one thing that always feels "odd" is that you have to destroy everything...why? The turrets at the back are no threat to me... I could have just left them there...

My Caravan returns on the 45th... from the Northeast corner...which is kinda weird as I was coming from the Southwest...oh well...

I start to prepare defenses for the crashed ship, and two days later, on the 47th day, I get another Incapacitated Refugee event from "Sleepy", a 20 years old Cave Tender...

After I'm done with the Psychic Ship...sure

The ship emission intensifies and Yakov, the new guy, mental breaks to "Gave Up" and decided to leave my Community. But Bascullo being two tiles away, captures him in time.

On the 48th day, another Incapacitated Refugee triggers, this time is "Proctor" a Joywire. Let's see where he is...

Two days away... pretty much like Lolita still imprisoned there...
Don't know man... first come first served so...take a seat...

Let's tackle the crashed ship for once and for all, my colonists enter mental breaks one after the other now...

I like the new Centipede skin...luckily for me the Inferno Cannon ain't much scary when raining...

Because the threat level was low, I send "Huntsman" to bash his gladius against the ship to mitigate everybody's psychic suffering. Great! We get Advanced Components from ships now? That's awesome.

Battle ends with Lercha only suffering some minor burns, nothing life threatening...

Yoshida Keiji

Following day 49 up to day 58:

Three days had passed since the Crashed Ship part, mostly recovering from my first trip and the rushed operation to get rid of the psychic annoyance. Six single rooms had been finished within the Colony, population is growing slowly and the barracks shall be left for the new comers, the founding members shall have their reward with privacy. Now it's time to go get "Sleepy", the other Incapacitated Refugee. So on the 51st day, we set another caravan.

Next picture doesn't really show much, but that "Forward!" march when pawns had already gathered all items and are moving towards the map edge is always exciting... We have a regular soundtrack and another for combat when raided... Why don't we have an "Expedition" soundtrack? Now I got an Alpaca joining the journeys.

Later at night, we get some Visitors and I sell the first primitive weapons I had on early days plus some degraded apparel.

On the next day, 52nd, Toxic Fallout hits my Colony and also an Uranium Meteorite... It's still lucky me, right?

We arrive to the location and I get the other notification letter, this time saying "Sleeping mechanoids", 3 Scythes and a Lancer. There is an ancient room to the west that also has a small mountain to the South, I could create a mini base there...but the guy would probably bleed out...

Let's check his Health and Character stats:

Not bleeding much...

I could use more guys good at Doctoring...

The game prompts me "Victory" already... old dogs like me know a few tricks...  ;) ;) ;)

You can just "Reform Caravan" without doing anything in the temporary map, and still getting the Incapacitated Refugee, very convenient trick...specially versus mechanoids, the Caravan on its way back will patch up her wounds so no worries.  ;) ;) ;)

A few tiles back home, I get "Ambushed" in a map nearly identical to the rescue one but without the ancient room. Enemy outnumbers me by one, they have better cover than me but no time to complain about it, use some rocks and hope they don't cross the river. Luckily they are 5 guys with short bows and I have 2 with great bows, one with pistol and a melee with ikwa.

Quickly! Go use the rocks by the river, there's deep water so they won't cross, pistol guy wait until they lock target and then close in to range! Melee guy cross the river by the South and surprise them from behind!

Yes sir!!!

There you go.

My company got many hits, so we need to take a real break, plus, since we didn't fight at all at the temporal map of the refugee we are low on food, gathering the spoils of war, they were carrying some Pemmican, and a good chance to forage some berries, all this must be done in 24hs!

Later on, the Caravan makes it back safely home, and on arrival the Toxic Fallout dissipates, it lasted 4 days...but took out all life form...and now since Version 1.0 we cant haul dead animals anymore as they rot right away... I guess it's fair. It used to be free meat versus just a small bit of environmental poisoning, so long as you were fast at spotting the corpses and didn't waste much "safe" time wandering around pointlessly. Fortunately Im not in a cold biome, so regrowing plantations are easy here...but my Devilstrand plantation got wasted to 50%...

On the 56th, a cow and a bull join my colony... 3 to 1... busy lady...

A day later, 57th, a Siege arrives...

I'm definitely putting some deadfall traps there later on...

Hummm...that's too close guys, sucks for you but I'm pot shooting you.

Like this...

They don't have much range weapons, so I easily "down" one of them and wound other 5 before they even decide to attack... You guys are fools...

Something is wrong here...

The raider self-patch up is causing them to tend themselves in the open...

Then... the EMP grenadier throws those to my walls...like if that would accomplish something... This isn't an electrical fence dude...

...and this is how battle ended... no damage taken for me...but them...that was miserable...

Yoshida Keiji

Day 59 to 72:

On the 59th, Sleepy the "captured" Incapacitated Refugee joins.

Due to the fact that 4 out 8 characters have the disease Fibrous Mechanites, it's time to sit within the Colony and whatever happens in the outer world is not our business. Other 3 Malaria disease patients now join the inflicted. Lercha, my best builder get both together.

During the course of time until today, day 72nd, nothing really noteworthy happened.

Electricity research was finished and we got a Wind Turbine protected by stone walls, built 3 coolers to make a proper Freezer which we didn't had until now, Torches were replaced by Lamps.

And also built a quite large Stockpile room over the Marshes, the latest build came up in which Marshes are now "water" terrain and causes item deterioration. Makes sense, I always abused Marshes to build Storage Rooms. But that was easily countered with the new "Bridges", which is like "flooring" over the marshes. I don't understand why bridges can "ONLY" be made of wood... Stone bridges anyone?

I turned my research towards "Complex Furniture" only because I wanted the "Shelf" to store the scavenged Mortar Shells from the Siege near the Mortar, which was also taken from the raiders. On the technological part, continued with Machinery and now currently working on "Gun smithing". Here I got a surprise, the Flak Armor set, which require "Cloth", so I created a Cotton Plantation in the little space I have left. At the "Machining Table", you can now also craft Molotov cocktails, Frag grenades and EMP grenades.

A drop pod raid came, but they suffered like a kind of short-circuit or malfunction, I cant remember now the in game wording but it caused them to land separated from each other, which make dealing with them much easier, they all fell at the map borders though and none of them landed inside my base.

Because nothing else besides that happened of importance, I just leave you a few pictures of Colony Development until date.

My new large Storage Room:

A hay plantation since the Toxic Fallout wiped a lot of green, and easier farming for my tamers to handle the milking and shearing.

Colony overall layout, no changes, just waiting for the Devilstrand to reach 100% growth so that I can use that space for more rooms, there's still three colonists sharing the barracks and I want to build them individual private rooms.

My future planning after harvesting the Devilstrand, and besides finishing all single rooms, is to expand towards the North-West direction, aiming at the map center, mostly because with all the room constructions, there won't be much space left to keep the plantations within the City Walls.

And it's time to start mass production to earn some income...I'm still unsure what I would use the money for since in B18, my only spending was on Prosthetics and Bionics... which we can now craft by ourselves...so... Let's see if there's any need that requires payments.

I will be needing to research Transport Pods and send away Lercha, because he is a Chemical Fascination guy and he won't help me with Drug manufacturing, I don't know yet who I shall send with him as well as single guy alone is not good. I will be using Lercha to start a "Second Colony" were all addicted would join him. I usually don't do this, but out of the "Unstable Testing", I want to send some of my crew to another Biome in direction of the "Hidden Ship", I'm not planning to particularly end my game that way but just having a direction is better than random or none.

Yoshida Keiji

From day 73 to 109 (summary of  2 quandrums and a few extra days):

On the 75th, a second Siege shows up. Contrary to some local fallacies made within the forum (based on older B18 instead), no enemy carries a Sniper Rifle. (Not that said weapon would present any difficulty anyways, raiders just lurk around so you only need to wait until the wielder goes to the backline) It's always better to talk knowing what you are saying and with proper back-up document/facts.  ;)

Considering I'm playing in Tropical Forest, I decided to throw them Incendiary Shells, the other option being High Explosive Shells. This is due to the flammable surroundings which wether I hit them or not, the fire shall keep them busy.

Funny enough my first two shots hit with 95% accuracy on the targeted tile, no mortar gets built for me to claim afterwards, and they just chose to charge right away.

The battle was swift and I captured two of them: Nickel and Gore. The first had bad stats so I released after healed to "gain" some Faction relationship points and Gore, I decided to keep for recruitment.

Six days later, on the 81st, Ambrosia Sprouts pop within my Hay Plantation, they will get cut out automatically after the harvest...pitty, but that space is already taken, and since they spawned too wide, I cant spare "their" space for it's commodity as I must prioritize feeding my livestock.

Two days later, on the 83rd, I get a Chased Refugee named "Yu", a 60 years old Weaver: Crafting +5 & Growing +2. Retirement age pawns are likely bad, and risking younger lads doesn't really pay off...but I was bored so...whatever man...yeah...

Let's see what I get... Yeah, Heart condition, has Artery Blockage...

Let's see her Character profile...okay... I could use a crafter, after all only one out of 10 colonists has Plate Armor.

Of course, nothing is ever free in any world... Let's position ourselves as they will be approaching from a border my base is really close to.

Let's analyze the enemy... 15 tribals and none of them is melee... Just like us, players do.

Piece of cake.

Seven days later, 90th, I get my first UV1.0 Infestation...and I must say...I loved the surging from below sound and animation, it was insanely hilarious. Bugs don't just pop out of nowhere anymore but you will have a "visual" identification of dust clouds of where the hives will appear and enough time to rush away anyone in its proximity. I wasn't really expecting an Infestation to trigger at this stage yet, so I had zero deadfall traps surrounding the Ancient Shrine as I always tend to do. The Ancient Shrine walls are of Steel. Steel is flammable... let's hope no Mechanoid is inside with an Inferno Cannon.

The Infestation spawns a Megaspider and a Spelopede. The AS was guarded by a Scyther and a Centipede. Mechanoids shall win, right?

The Megaspider trashes the Scyther while the Spelopede charges the Mini-gun Centipede and dies in the attempt.

The Centipede's Minion high miss ratio hits a Cryptosleep Casket, and all 5 occupants wake up at once. They all flee the room fast with little damage from the Centipede as it misses most of its shots. I manage to capture 3 of them, while the other 2 resisted capture and died in their arrest attempt.

While I pause the game, I notice three free artifacts and 11 Luciferiums. The artifacts being an Animal Pulser, a Shock Lance...and an Orbital power beam targeter...which is a first for me because in B18...I never caravanned to get one, as nobody really liked to endeavor in such crusades... Out of the three captured Spacers...only one had good stats, so I release the other two, hoping to never see them again...Not another Lambert please...if you recall reading my B18 Unstable reports...

Next day, on the 91st... I get a... Manhunter Pack of 8 Polar Bears in my Tropical Forest map...

Repeating...Polar bears in Tropical forest...and just in case...for a third time...polar bears in the tropical map...

You get it?

On day 96th... Five of my colonists get Muscle Parasites...yeah...Disease biome, remember?

You can also notice that within this quandrum, 4 other additional private bedroom were built. Three extra Solar Panels for additional Electricity. The initial Barrack, no longer hosts any sleeping bag, as it is made of steel and the Freezer cool temperature leaks inside, causing anybody sleeping inside, the debuff of cold. Got my first Hi-tech research bench and the Comms Console plus two orbital trade beacons. And finally the first bed at the southern room.

Six days later, on the 102nd, the only decent Spacer "Anna Zhang" is recruited. The old barrack was made a prison as the temporary prison to the left was too far away from everything else. Finally I get a proper Cook.

During these days, I hunted 2 Thrumbos... which instead of revenging when harmed...they now flee... Starting to move around some furniture, leaving Stools for prisoners and replacing the dinning room seats with Dinning Chairs for an upgrade.

Two days later, on the 104th, a Wanderer joins (relationship), "Laxigoto" happens to be "Bascullo"'s aunt... Surprising how I keep getting elders in a survival game... She is an IoV...but at least has Cooking skill level 11 with Burning Passion, she can even take Anna Zhang's spot.

Two days later, on the 106th, I get another Crashed Ship part. Surprisingly, it falls near the location of the first, also making it easier to build another defense structure to deal with it, its Poison type, so no hurry.

On the same day, 5 more cases of Disease, this time Fibrous Mechanites...again... Looks like I always get them both together or any combination, but still two types at once or near close to each other in time...

You can also notice in this picture than an 11th private room has risen at the top right.

All the defense needed is built in one day, let's see how it goes...

Huuummmmm surprise, surprise, surprise...now Scythes have two variants, the old Melee type and a Lancer type. There's a split version in which one is melee and the other ranged. The melee Scythers, instead of remaining around the Crashed Ship part...now dashes forward and engages in close combat. Causing me to withdraw as I fear limb losses. I managed to kite them easily though. But because of the retreat, two of the Centipedes, one Inferno Cannon and the other Minigun start to slowly chase my colonists towards the base.

"Yu" the latest recruit picked up my first Assault Rifle in vu1.0 before, but was 90% ~ 95% rested, so she joined the fight a bit later, however... the AR was nerfed to an extreme point in which it now only fires two shots per time... WHAT? And while Im shocked by the change... the Minigun centipede one shots her brains out...

I'm fine with the character loss because until now I always used to charge aggressively on Mechanoids using my Tribals...and that was never..."okay"... Mechanoids had become stronger and having a third variant makes them more threatening, a new strategy/approach will become necessary now.

There was no melee in my team formation, so we flee inside our base with the remaining 2 centipedes on our asses, and I send "Bascullo" the nudist to keep them at bay for as long as possible while my Medics patch up the best shooters. In the rush...Bascullo the Nudist...engaged without armor...and also got killed with a shot to the Spine... So I lost two colonists on a same battle...for the first time in a long, long, real long time... Now that is exciting! I'm glad to see the Mechanoids got tougher.

From now on, I shall rush both Plate Armors and Flaks real fast, as enemies hit harder now! So instead of surrounding the Crashed Ship Part like before, we shall trigger shot the crash-landed part from afar so as to trigger their melee from good distance enough to weaken them before they reach my pawns. Melees will be brought back to action again in Version 1.0, which in B18 were left useless. I hope Sycthers won't cause 1 hit limb loses. At least the three that spawned in this occasion didn't.

Next day 4 Labrador retrievers join my Colony... I was missing not having puppies...

This is all for now...

Yoshida Keiji

From days 110 to 125:

Six days had passed, and on the 115th, "Laxigoto", the old woman who was left to cook meals enters "Insulting Spree" mental break, I check the notification to find out who she will target. You can draft the future victim away and keep him/her on the move until the mental break wears off. I cant recall now who was the target but somewhere during the kite, Laxigoto changes target and walks towards another colonist who was picking up items from Cargo Pods that crushed at the Northern map border.

Laxigoto being of age, walks slowly and as she approaches the map border, a Raid triggers. She had no chances to survive the attack, specially when in mental break. As she was a IoV... I don't care...

As I start to fend off the imminent attack an Escape Pod crashes nearby, containing a survivor from a hostile faction.

Rescuing the survivor helped me to improve Faction relationships.

On day 121st, three Huskies join my colony and while I love dogs... too many animals in my colony are starting to overwhelm the workload of my people and that is something that worries me and must be addressed as soon as possible.

An hour later, 5 people get the Plague. Two of them being prisoners from the previous raid, I really need to decrease the overtasking of my men, so I keep the prisoner without any kind of medical treatment to ensure they won't survive the disease and release them afterwards. One disease wears off and now another one strikes my colony in a large cycle that is going to keep me in quarantine. Now I know who will be the companions of Lercha in the endeavor of rising a second colony, somewhere within Transport Pod range and away in another biome where elderly won't be at risk anymore as in here now. That's a good call and a project to work on in the days ahead. They may not survive the next disease at this pace.

My colony just lost 3 members and the impact is felt considerably in the crafting department. The last Mechanoid confrontation left my boys somehow worried so I was making them all Plasteel Advanced Helmets. Crafting more stone blocks for future expansion was also halted. As well as Devilstrand apparels like Dusters cannot continue for a while. The Disease chain showers are also crippling my progress as half my people gets tired 70% faster and the colony overall schedule is messed up.

The setback thought was worrying while all of a sudden, three days later, we receive a "Chased Refugee" request for help, which I agree to.

Lucky for us, now we get a character named "Chef", who actually DOES cook, unlike "Zhang" the Exotic Chef who is disabled in Cooking.

Let's see who are the chasers... Raiders came with a Doomsday Rocket Launcher and a Triple Rocket, Sniper Rifles and Assault Rifles... about time combat starts to really heat up.

The battle was easy, I used the Shock Lance to burn the brains of the Triple Rocket Launcher enemy and then I pot shotted the Doomsday Rocket Launcher enemy as the warm up is long, and I could hide behind doors after every shot before the enemy could launch the rockets to me.

Next day, I get a Tribals raid of 25 people, things are starting to get interesting here... And since we are testing the v1.0 unstable, let's also try out the Triple Rocket Launcher... Can you believe that this is my first time ever using this weapon despite already logging 4.500hs in RimWorld? I always played to launch the SpaceShip so that explains it, somehow... Again I noticed none of the tribals are melee...

I took other three prisoners from the tribal raid, none of them being any good within their stats, I choose the release them, I didn't want any of those for recruitment. Their release turned them Friendly (Goodwill gained).

Next day I get my third Siege, only this time there's a "Relationship". The related pawn did not survive the fight. I claimed their 2 mortars.