[1.0] Turret Extensions v1.0b (17th Jun 2018) - merged into main thread

Started by XeoNovaDan, June 17, 2018, 03:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Should be safely addable to and removable from existing savegames. TE will also work fine with turret mods that don't use it, in fact doubling as a QoL mod.

TE naturally won't be compatible with Combat Extended, and also won't work with Beta 18.

If using Humanoid Alien Framework by erdelf, load this after.

There are no other known incompatibilities.

Download
GitHub
Steam
- when 1.0 officially releases

Overview
Turret Extensions (TE) is a combination of two things: a tool for modders which allows them to create better turret mods, and a quality of life improvement for those who use a lot of turret mods. Naturally, any mod that uses any of TE's framework extensions will need to have TE active in the load order since it's a dependency.

The quality of life improvements introduced by Turret Extensions include being able to see a full list of a turret's stats when inspecting it, and also the ability to view more information on turret ammunition such as mortar shells. A demonstration:

On the framework side of things, TE currently allows for the following:

• Proper manned turrets that factor in their operator's stats
    • Customizable shooting accuracy for turrets
      • Automatic turrets that can be manually aimed

For information on how to use the framework extensions by Turret Extensions, I have written some documentation (also proofread by Diana Winters). Click here to view it.

Planned additions:

• The ability for manned turrets to modify the operator's accuracy when in use
        • The ability to implement turret upgrades