Few Ideas

Started by jpheep, October 29, 2013, 10:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpheep

• Allow for corpses to rot away and also allow for your colonists to burn them.  The graves pile up after a while.
  • Change the equip system to allow for primary/secondary and gear.  The idea being that your members that only do combat really would have a long range and short range / melee weapon.  Any miners that you send out and about could use some mining equipment to do their job faster and a sidearm for defense from animals.  People that stay in the base might drop the weapon all together and use repair equipment, research equipment, farming equipment, etc.  Ideally there could be several sets of gear, like fire resistant clothes, ballistics armor, hauling exoskeletons to increase hauling capacity, etc.
  • Biofuel systems that generate electricity from dead animals and food
  • Wall modifications/upgrades such as in-wall lighting, 'arrow slits', reinforcement to resist explosions, sprinklers to resist fires, solar flare shielding, etc.
  • Electrical grid improvement systems that reduce output but also decrease chance of electrical failures
  • A safe way to remove roofs or prevent them from being constructed, for example, i want to wall off my solar panels for protection, but not cover them up
  • Call to arms, allows you to assign members to be recruited and where they are supposed to go, allowing for a single click deployment of your forces
  • Non-lethal weapons such as stun guns, bean bag rounds, batons, etc.
  • Prisoners can perform jail breaks
  • For the love of god, a roomba to help clean
  • Rain washes away blood over time.  Blood attracts hostile creatures
  • Cloaking enemies
  • Highly coordinated raids can call in planetary strikes from their support ship
  • Light vehicles such as RVs for hauling or APCs from the enemy to attack
  • Sensor system to actually know when events are coming instead of instantly knowing a raid is coming
  • light/dark affecting combat, for example, take the fight into your base and shut off the lights near your members so they are harder to hit or putting spotlights outside to help aim at raiders during the night
  • Various defenses such as barbwire, trenches, electrical fences, barricades
  • Lightning rods to help precent damage to your base
  • Leadership roles, such as commander, preacher, or leader giving various bonuses such as better performance in combat, reduced affect of death, or higher loyalty.  Possible events could start to occur such as a coup, inquisition, or rigged elections causing unhappiness, conflict, or executions, trials leading to exile
  • Target practice, sparring, social event time such as drinking/playing cards/etc
  • Send teams of colonists out on expeditions to gather resources, research, survivors, go on the offensive against raiders.
  • food storage systems such as barrels, processing, refrigeration, etc.
  • hydroponics to improve soil quality, plant growth, and provide more bountiful harvests
  • trade for books to create a library, helping improve intelligence and provide relaxation
  • set the maximum amount of work that should be done, such as bob should only haul for 2 hours but bill can haul for 8
  • Colonists will visit the graves of their fallen friends

SteveAdamo

hi jpheep... even though the thread is a little long in the tooth, this might fit better in the "cheap ideas" thread... ;)

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=174.0

GC13

I dunno Steve. A lot of this stuff looks very un-cheap to me...  ???

Voltronguy

i agree with all these ideas ples add!

Wonky

Yes! All of this in the next patch or the second, cant wait :D

SteveAdamo

Quote from: GC13 on October 29, 2013, 11:49:32 PM
I dunno Steve. A lot of this stuff looks very un-cheap to me...  ???

hahaha... fair enough... i admit to having not read each bullet item... ;)

nnescio

Quote from: jpheep on October 29, 2013, 10:35:48 PMAllow for corpses to rot away and also allow for your colonists to burn them. ...

You can manually burn corpses if you have molotov cocktails hanging around (draft + force fire). Still, I agree, it would be nice if corpses actually rot and colonists can burn corpses with a simple click. (or by assigning a funeral pyre dump site where corpses get automatically burnt by colonists with the cleaning task enabled. Alternatively, an incinerator/crematorium may also work.)

For added bonus, make it like DF where rotting corpses produce miasma when underground (or indoors, in the case of Rimworld.)

Quote from: jpheep
... light/dark affecting combat, for example, take the fight into your base and shut off the lights near your members so they are harder to hit or putting spotlights outside to help aim at raiders during the night ...

This is actually already implemented. Darkness reduces accuracy by 40%. I use standing lights as makeshift spotlights near chokepoints and/or firing zones while my colonists huddle around a roofed area with cover around so that they are always in darkness when fighting.

jpheep

Quote from: nnescio on October 30, 2013, 10:59:30 AM
Quote from: jpheep on October 29, 2013, 10:35:48 PMAllow for corpses to rot away and also allow for your colonists to burn them. ...

You can manually burn corpses if you have molotov cocktails hanging around (draft + force fire). Still, I agree, it would be nice if corpses actually rot and colonists can burn corpses with a simple click. (or by assigning a funeral pyre dump site where corpses get automatically burnt by colonists with the cleaning task enabled. Alternatively, an incinerator/crematorium may also work.)

For added bonus, make it like DF where rotting corpses produce miasma when underground (or indoors, in the case of Rimworld.)

Quote from: jpheep
... light/dark affecting combat, for example, take the fight into your base and shut off the lights near your members so they are harder to hit or putting spotlights outside to help aim at raiders during the night ...

This is actually already implemented. Darkness reduces accuracy by 40%. I use standing lights as makeshift spotlights near chokepoints and/or firing zones while my colonists huddle around a roofed area with cover around so that they are always in darkness when fighting.

I had been trying to use the moltov cocktails to do that, but it didn't seem very reliable.  I reverted to killing the fire rats when they were walking over the graves.  I would think this could be a decent mechanic, burning former colonists would decrease morale.  Certain traits might get offended by it too.  Alternatively too many rotting corpses or graves to attract unwanted attention from native animals or scavengers.  And I agree, rotting things should cause other unwanted affects like miasma, mold, or insect swarms.

I am glad to hear that the lighting is already in the game.  I thought it might be, but wasn't sure. To that point, it might be nice to be able to have flares as equipment that can be tossed out as needed.  Alternatively, if gear is implemented, night vision could be some such gear that would reduce penalties in dark and increase them in light.