[1.0] Wires in smoothed walls.

Started by BlackSmokeDMax, June 18, 2018, 01:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSmokeDMax

I know there is another thread that is talking about something similar, but I didn't want to pile my suggestion into someone else's thread.

My suggestion would be to have another work operation for preparing walls for conduit. After they were smoothed, you would then queue up a job called "Carve Conduit Path" or something similar. This would still prevent needing to mine out all the walls and replace them, but make it a bit more work intensive than just the smoothing for beauty.

Perhaps have this available at any time as well, meaning you *don't* need to smooth them first if you aren't worried about the beauty. While I think the first way is better, the 2nd may be less of a mess to deal with in regards to UI.

edit: To add in some more to my suggestion...

After smoothing or preparing for conduit, make it so either there is zero chance of getting a rock chunk if you later decide to mine that tile, OR make it if you were to be able to deconstruct this into blocks, have it so that it is one or zero blocks max per tile returned.

Injured Muffalo

To me a minor annoyance, but I would like this.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.