Friendly faction guy attacks me - friendly faction declares war

Started by Jan2607, June 18, 2018, 02:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan2607

I got into a really interesting situation today.
I had visitors from a friendly faction on my map, when a manhunter pack of rhinos showed up. The rhinos killed one of the visitors and downed the two others. For the killed visitor I got -5 relationship, so I concluded it would be better if the two others would survive it, so I rescued them.
Bad decision, as I noticed soon.
One of them had asthma and cancer and as soon as he could move, he wanted to leave. He had a move speed of 31% and was starving (he even didn't wait until my doctor fed him). And so he left my colony... Well, not really. With this condition he clearly never would make it to the edge of the map. He made it to my entrance and then decided to go berserk on my colonists because he was very hungry. WTF? Really? I would have fed him, but he did leave too quickly and ill.
In selfdefense one of my guys shot him and he was downed again (he wasn't even killed!). In the same second his faction declared war on me. If I would have left him for bleeding out, I would've only lost 5 relationship. Now I have minus 80!

What the hell does this game want from me? Because I rescued a friendly from bleeding out, he attacks me and his faction declares war on me, because I shot him in DEFENSE?!? Is the game saying I should let friendlies in need die rather then rescue them? Isn't this a really strange view on morale?
Tynan!!! At least give me a chance!  :'(

Injured Muffalo

Yeah clearly the leaving as soon as able to walk thing is flawed.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

ashaffee

It seems flawed but such a rare situation to fix I bet they have their hands full with things to fix.

jamaicancastle

I think it would make sense if factions treated people currently in (dangerous) mental breaks as non-members. Like, if your colonist goes berserk and hits a caravan, they gun them down but don't blame you, nor you them. Likewise if their guy goes berserk and tries to stab you, you don't get penalized for defending yourself.

Honestly though, with the way the friendly AI is in this game, factions are more of a liability than anything else.

Rafe009

What you might have done and might try next time is using medicine to sedate him but this requires you predicting this outcome; his break and/or his inability to make it to your border. If i recall sedation only lasts about a day but that might give you some time to feed them.

In your current situation i think you should run from this kinda prisoner rather than engage them but it is a very special circumstance.

Nameless

What actually started this whole thing is them getting out of bed as soon as they are no longer incapable of walking. I think they really shouldn't be getting out of bed until they are fully healed.

saulysw

Maybe not fully healed, but healed enough to at least have a reasonable chance to get to the edge of the map before falling over again.

Canute

I think too, Rescued neutral pawn's should stay until full healed.
But same faction pawn should take these pawn when they leave.
And we need an open to lead the pawn out of the base (similar to prisoner release) if we don't like to feed him anymore.

PatrykSzczescie

Interesting. Once I had a berserk pawn from a non-hostile faction and killed him, I didn't get any penalty. It was A17 or B18.