Small quick changes requested before 1.0 is live

Started by corestandeven, June 18, 2018, 02:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corestandeven

Given that Tynan has said that he wants no suggestions on the announcement thread (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=41766.0), and instead asked they be in the suggestion thread, I thought it may be a good to set up a small/quick change/fix request thread. My idea is that this thread should be things that the devs should be able to remedy easily before 1.0 is live, so not things like vehicles, a factions overhaul, new concepts, new furniture that needs to be drawn, new raider A.I, etc

My three, which I have mentioned before on other threads, are as follows:

1) Sell all deadman's apparel button - I would love a simple button on the trade screen where a player can click, once, and all the deadman's apparel that is sellable moves to the 'sell' side of the slider. This would save having to go through and click each one to sell, which is slow and boring when you have collected several raids worth of useless clothes.

2) Deadman's apparel debuff removed after some time - For armour at least. If a pawn decides to wear an armoured vest by him/herself, it always seemed odd to me they would have the negative buff for it coming from a corpse. I get it if i force them, but they chose to wear it. That said I think after a while, when that vest has saved your life several times, people would't care it was from a deadman. 6 months before the debuff is removed seems reasonable to me.

3) Longer time after successful base attack - As I have mentioned in other posts the time players have to reform their caravan after a successful mission is weird and makes little sense. You attack and destroy an small outpost, or get ambushed, and you get more time to heal your pawns, collect resources, and reform the caravan than the 24 hours you get for destroying a much tougher base.   

Injured Muffalo

I thought you couldn't sell deadman's clothes anymore.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Injured Muffalo on June 18, 2018, 09:03:31 PM

I definitely sold a "tainted" tuque in my first play through. And I just checked and they are not supposed to be doing that per this line from changelog thread:

"-All traders are now unwilling to buy tainted apparel"

Running no mods.

corestandeven

Quote from: Injured Muffalo on June 18, 2018, 09:03:31 PM
Thanks for the update. I've not installed the unstable 1.0 version and was unaware that had changed.

However what can players do with all the deadmans clothes now beside wearing them (if good enough quality) or burning them?

jamaicancastle

Quote from: corestandeven on June 20, 2018, 12:37:13 PM
However what can players do with all the deadmans clothes now beside wearing them (if good enough quality) or burning them?
Nothing, that's the point. Dead raiders contributing to colony wealth has always been one of the problems with the game's difficulty curve.

Rulin

How about an option to transform them into the new patchwork leather and the more metallic stuff into metal?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Rulin on June 21, 2018, 11:00:05 AM
How about an option to transform them into the new patchwork leather and the more metallic stuff into metal?

There are mods for that (Recycling, Mending, Reclaim Fabric) but it would certainly be a welcome addition to vanilla, at least IMO. Even if it were an even lesser return on resources than those mods provide.