[solved] Mods in Offline Mode

Started by Titoxin, June 18, 2018, 02:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titoxin

hey there,

i got the steam version, but it is a big hassle to get mods working on it while using offline mode. i wanna play rimworld on my laptop when i am traveling, but i dont have internet on it when i do. so i decided, after looking up different threads to get this to work, to buy the non steam version on the official website.

sooo now i try to get my mods in, but the thread in this forum to extract steam mods into the non steam version doesn't workt

its this one https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29440.0

whats happening ingame is that all the mods show up, but are just red. names are numbers, which should be fixed like explained in there. but on the top right corner it says version unknown. also there are no info or something on the right side of the window. so it seems like rimworld just shows all the folders, but cant use the steam version of the mods. also the folder where steam stores all the mods seems to have a different name. its only one folder which is called 241100. so i dont know if there are actually mods saved in it for rimworld or other games.

so could you guys help me get this to work? :D

BlackSmokeDMax

If mods are showing up in red, it means they are not for that version.

Has the game updated to the new unstable 1.0 and you are trying to add Beta18 mods? If so you can go into Steam and set the beta build to be "opt out of all betas" and you should have version 18 back up and running.

Titoxin

i have not changed anything and the mods are working fine when i am playing online. are you sure its the correct folder where the mods are stored for me? i will look into them and see whats inside. funny enough i have no other game in steam where i use the workshop.

Titoxin

im sorry, i found out what the problem was. its really stupid. i have my games stuff installed mostly on another hard drive and there i found everything in terms of mods for rimworld. put it in etc. works fine. im happy now ;) still not a bad idea to ahve both versions since i can keep subbed to my mods on my regular pc.

thank you everyone, i think this thread can be deleted then.