Hay spoils in 60 days now? Gr.... no more barn storing?

Started by dearmad, June 20, 2018, 12:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabe Lincoln

Bro, 60 days is literally a full year in game. Even with a small farming zone, you should be seriously outproducing the spoilage. Unless you have a lot, and I do mean a LOT of animals, or you're on a map with a very small farmable area, you shouldn't be having too many problems just storing hay where you want to.

DariusWolfe

If you have a LOT of animals, they should likely be keeping pace, or outpacing, spoilage as a risk anyway. If you're producing so much hay that a year of spoilage is a problem, then you probably just need to cut back on production.

I am a bit sad about various things spoiling under a roof, though; My 'barns' have traditionally been open-ended rooms under a roof; But given that I often use shelves for food troughs, I guess that's not much of a debuff anyway.

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: DariusWolfe on June 22, 2018, 04:58:19 AM
If you have a LOT of animals, they should likely be keeping pace, or outpacing, spoilage as a risk anyway. If you're producing so much hay that a year of spoilage is a problem, then you probably just need to cut back on production.

I am a bit sad about various things spoiling under a roof, though; My 'barns' have traditionally been open-ended rooms under a roof; But given that I often use shelves for food troughs, I guess that's not much of a debuff anyway.

You can use held open doors + sufficient roofing and the game still treats it as indoors --> no deteriorating.

DariusWolfe

Yeah, I know. I just like the aesthetic (and the lower material cost) of big, open entrances. I guess I'll just start using the expansive door mods (either Jec's or the other one I found) for my barns.

dearmad

Quote from: DariusWolfe on June 22, 2018, 11:33:50 AM
Yeah, I know. I just like the aesthetic (and the lower material cost) of big, open entrances. I guess I'll just start using the expansive door mods (either Jec's or the other one I found) for my barns.

This is the same for me... it was a cool little mechanic in the game that made sense.