[B18](WIP) Monster Hunter RimWorld

Started by Nilokka, June 20, 2018, 09:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilokka

This mod is still under development and will take a loooooooong time before its first release comes out.

What is this mod?

Months ago, the new game of the Monster Hunter saga came out. After a few hours of play, I realized that many mechanics could be added to RimWorld to get a new and exciting gaming experience. The mod will initially treat only the Monster Hunter World elements and monsters, and later (if the hits are positive) even those of previous titles.
For more information on the most important additions, you can take a look at this post (Later I will manually insert the points proposed in that post).

Can i be part of the dev team?

Well, a team is made up of several people and since I'm the only developer of the mod we say it is not a team. But hey ... if you're good with the programming and the "artistic" part (especially the latter) then you can be part of the team! :3

I do not have the skills to develop the mod, but I would like to help you, how can I do?

You can help me by writing what you think of the mod or a particular point and / or discuss with us some things to make the mod more interesting and well done.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, google translator has done his best.

Work in progress: Stay tuned...

Nilokka

Question for you!

The parts of the monsters in MH are recognized by icons. They are distinguished among the various monsters through the color (generally, the dominant color of the monster) and between the various types through the image depicted (even if some parts are represented by the same image). As RimWorld's style provides real semi-realistic graphic representations, I would like to ask you whether to keep the icons (saving so much time) or try to draw these parts "freehand" (it will take a long time given my drawing ability).

To help you understand how icons are made, I am attaching the image of a scale in MH.

Roolo

Quote from: Nilokka on June 23, 2018, 10:03:16 AM
Question for you!

The parts of the monsters in MH are recognized by icons. They are distinguished among the various monsters through the color (generally, the dominant color of the monster) and between the various types through the image depicted (even if some parts are represented by the same image). As RimWorld's style provides real semi-realistic graphic representations, I would like to ask you whether to keep the icons (saving so much time) or try to draw these parts "freehand" (it will take a long time given my drawing ability).

To help you understand how icons are made, I am attaching the image of a scale in MH.

It's all up to you. Just taking the icons will save you time, but they might not be as fitting as icons made especially for Rimworld, but I personally wouldn't mind it too much when playing, I think they look quite ok already.

Nilokka

Thanks for the answer Roolo  ;D
To take me forward in the development of the mod I added the icons "temporarily", but I also think that for the moment I could leave them like that. In addition, the icons are easily recognizable (except for some where you have to read the name to distinguish them) and give an intuitive gaming experience.

1m.f1ckl3

I'm good at artistic stuff.  You can check my IG @1m.f1ckl3
I'll let you know my discord or email if you're interested, we can talk about what you need, see if we can work anything out  :)

Nilokka

Quote from: 1m.f1ckl3 on June 30, 2018, 12:50:21 PM
I'm good at artistic stuff.  You can check my IG @1m.f1ckl3
I'll let you know my discord or email if you're interested, we can talk about what you need, see if we can work anything out  :)

Thank you for the answer and for the avaibility! I've already sent you a PM so we can talk privately without clogging the topic (except for changelogs and important notices).

For anyone else who wants to join the development team, let me know via PM. :D

lllMWNlll

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Nekomory52

Nilokka

Well, unfortunately due to my job I cannot find time to dedicate to the creation of the mod. If you want to help me, we could organize ourselves and make this mod come to light. I apologize for the long wait