Updating my Mods, Help? How do i do this.

Started by DizzyCrash, June 20, 2018, 02:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DizzyCrash

Okay so i am a veteran modder for DF but never really got into modding Rimworld. I just need the most basic of help right now, how do i update a simple file to be compatible with V1.0. I need it the most clear cut way you can put it. I get overwhelmed and confused easily...

Most my mods are clothing and hair stuff like apprello so it shouldnt be hard.  what is the step by step process to updating a mod?

BlackSmokeDMax

The simplest change is looking in the mod's "About" folder and then opening "about.xml" and then find the line that has the rimworld target version and changing that to the new version number.

That said if anything has changed in Rimworld with how the mod hooks into the game, more changes will be needed. Which could be anything from minor things like def names being changed slightly to massive changes like whole systems being re-worked.

DizzyCrash

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on June 20, 2018, 03:06:43 PM
The simplest change is looking in the mod's "About" folder and then opening "about.xml" and then find the line that has the rimworld target version and changing that to the new version number.

That said if anything has changed in Rimworld with how the mod hooks into the game, more changes will be needed. Which could be anything from minor things like def names being changed slightly to massive changes like whole systems being re-worked.

Well looking at the mod changelist i dont see any problems immediately, at least not with hair and clothing and gun mods.
I just like veriety, i might wanna hold off on any of the ones that add new tech trees, those seem to have been altered quite alot.

So the new version is 1.0  thats all i have to changethe target version too? Nothing  more complicated like 1.0.99994944 or something like that?

DizzyCrash

Nevermind... i got the right version by loading up the game, but uhhh... I thought apprello would be a simple update but i got a error log a mile long... I guess i will just have to wait for all the modders to upload everything again.