Balance for Tainted Clothing

Started by Mitz, June 20, 2018, 04:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitz

lemme be up front and forward:
either use silver upfront or a bin & something purchased in bulk with silver to "bleach" clothing, getting rid of the tainted tag but adding a "bleached" tag preventing selling and allowing wearing.
you're welcome tynan.
It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

Injured Muffalo

Just my opinion, I don't see why the deadman's clothes are important. Yes, raiders wear clothes. But they're not your size and covered in blood, &c &c.

I don't feel they are worth recovering.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

Aerial

I like Vegetable Garden's solution of letting you scavenge cloth/leather from apparel, though I think the amounts should be reduced from the VG levels (they're a bit OP).  That way the deadman's clothing is of some minimal value rather than just an irritating chore to gather, store and burn.

Previously, that minimal value was achieved by being able to sell the tainted clothing, if not for much.  At least you had a way to get rid of it that didn't occupy lots of a pawn's time.  Storing it was still kind of a pain.

kingy10005

i just use the cremator to burn all of it unless its a valuable item such as armor that's better than my current gear. would be good to be able to make use of it mmmm what about scraps for low level clothing or for use to make tribe gear good way to get the nude prisoners a little less nude  ;D

TwoThe

I don't really see the problem with wearing a dead persons clothes. In most countries that's a pretty common thing to not just throw everything away that someone owned in terms of clothes but to gift them to others instead.

I don't see a balance issue here as well, as most of the stuff invaders "donate" is crap anyways, so beyond the first hour of game-play it is of no value.

In other words: this whole mechanic can be dumped imo.