Auto-recruit if prisoner and a colonist become lovers

Started by {insert_name_here}, June 22, 2018, 07:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

{insert_name_here}

So, basically, if a prisoner and a colonist become lovers, I'm pretty sure the prisoner is going to want to become a part of the colony in order to spend more time with their lover.

For example, in my current colonist I have a tribal prisoner whom I've been trying to recruit for about a year. In fact, he's been prisoner for so long that he's managed to become lovers with his recruiter. I feel like it would only make sense (in real life, at least) for the prisoner to now want to join the colony - I mean, he's unhappy about being unable to sleep with his lover.

I'm not sure how this would work if the prisoner is already lovers with a colonist when they're captured, but I'm open to other ideas.

Shinzy

what if the colonist wants to plan a prison break with her lover and run away together into the sunset?

Aerial

Quote from: Shinzy on June 22, 2018, 08:38:44 AM
what if the colonist wants to plan a prison break with her lover and run away together into the sunset?

Maybe one of two things should happen.  The first, and far more likely is that the prisoner's recruit chance goes up by a big percentage (like 40%) reflecting that he now has a big reason to want to stay.  The second, less likely, is that the colonist abets a prison break (automatically triggers the existing prison break event) and switches to the other faction.  The two then attempt to flee but can be chased/recaptured and re-recruited if the player wants to.

Bolty

I like both of those ideas. It adds a good event but still with a risk.

One thing I would say is that the likelihood of both of options happening could depend on the relationship between the colonist in question and their fellow colonists. If relationships are generally poor, then it could make the defector option much more likely than if they were all on good terms?

Aerial

That would be a nice addition, too.

I think something similar should happen if a colonist's relative or lover visits the colony with a friendly faction.  If the colonist is happy/has good relationships/colony wealth is good/whatever, there's a good chance the relative/lover will ask to stay, a small chance the colonist will switch factions and leave with the visitors, and maybe a chance that nothing will change (i.e. neither one was willing to give up their faction to be together). 

If the visitor joins, it causes a small faction loss with their old faction, and if the colonist leaves, it causes a faction gain with the other faction.

This one has less player agency because the option to capture/recruit is much riskier (i.e. have to take on all of the visitors) but it would be nice to feel like the relationships between colonists and non-colonists actually mean something beyond a bad moodlet if they die.

OFWG

It would be nice if the game recognized these relationships at all. When you rescue someone's spouse they should automatically join too.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."