looking for 'installed mods on old save compat' fix ..mod :)

Started by Bobisme, June 22, 2018, 02:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobisme

Sorry, hard to explain in a title. i am after a mod that will fix any compatibility issues with putting mods in after you start a game?

I am getting save issues with my rimworld.
I put in RBSE and a dog said, i felt terrible for my squirrel, one dammmnn hard life...  any way :P ..  i installed the mods after i began playing and it was running fine, i finally installed a bionic spine for my 'wild boar 1' and a new liver n tail for my squirrel some 20 game day  - auto saves later it decides to tell me it can't save, i put it down to a backwards compatibility issue with saves? and luck it didn't screw it back then?

Other wise i don't know what the reason may be
This is my last ditch effort to 'save' my game
Any help greatly appreciated

Canute

Hi,
that's the first time i hear that someone can't safe.
Normaly is that people can't load anymore.

The only known reason why you can't safe are when your volume is full, the file you maybe want overwrite is locked at some way (like when it is open from an editor) or the file is corrput by the filesystem.

RBSE and "A dog said" don't cause any known errors so far. Maybe attach an error log from after a failed safe, maybe there are some useful info's in it.

Bobisme

Thanks for the reply, it would seem that it my have been something as simple as my C drive being to full to save as it randomly came up with 'unable to save' and a whole pile of code, clearing some space seems to have resolved it :)