1.0 Tuques have not been updated to the new textile system and require old stuff

Started by tophsyoutube, June 23, 2018, 12:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tophsyoutube

This bug is for the unstable 1.0

It seems to be a simple bug that I ran into, but I don't think the Tuques have been updated to the new leather/fur system in the tailoring menu. I was trying to tailor using the Electric Tailoring Machine, and it was still requesting things like Muffalo Wool or Alpaca Fur. Looks like in the update to the new system for leather and fur, Tuques are stuck, which means you can't craft them except for using textiles that haven't changed like Cloth or Hyperweave.

It messed up my attempt to craft 24 tuques for a quest for healing serum. Oh well. xD

DariusWolfe

So far as I've noticed, tuques require actual cloth or wool. You can no longer (could you ever? I didn't make tuques that often...) make tuques out of leather, given the fact that they're supposed to be a woven cap. Some sort of 'fur' cap wouldn't go amiss, though.

BlackSmokeDMax

AFAIK, tuques use same stuff as last beta. Just made some an hour ago with cotton. List of other materials that are allowed look good to me.

Mihsan

Tuque is a knit cap. It should not be made out of leather/fur by design.

On the other hand it brings up the same problem again of people confused about what tuque is. Why not "knit cap", Tynan? Not all of us are Canadians.

Also there is only one proper winter head dress and it should be made out of fur. Just saying.

[attachment deleted due to age]
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

tophsyoutube

I know that Tuques can't be made of leather, the issue is that it still requires items like Alpaca Wool, Camelhair Muffalo Wool, and Megasloth Wool as shown below.

The problem here is that because a lot of textiles have been merged together in 1.0. For example, I have a bundle of "Bluefur" that I got from Muffalos, because they don't count as "Muffalo Wool". The "Heavy Fur" that I got from killing Megasloths also don't count as Megasloth Wool because they aren't the same item.

It has nothing to do with the leathers, it has to do with the renaming of new furs and wool that doesn't work for Tuque recipes.

BlackSmokeDMax

It it possible you still get muffalo wool when you have a tame muffalo. Perhaps the bluefur is what you get when you butcher them? Guess we'd need to know that for sure to see what the deal is.

Mihsan

Quote from: tophsyoutube on June 23, 2018, 10:02:45 AM
For example, I have a bundle of "Bluefur" that I got from Muffalos, because they don't count as "Muffalo Wool". The "Heavy Fur" that I got from killing Megasloths also don't count as Megasloth Wool because they aren't the same item.

But "Bluefur" should not count as "Muffalo Wool" because it is a different item. Bluefur is a leather from butchering muffalo. Wool you can still get by shearing muffalo.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.