[1.3] Sladki mods

Started by Sladki, June 23, 2018, 10:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sladki

Idle Power Consumption

Description:
Small mod that reduces idle power consumption of devices:

1. Operable devices and machines such as Stoves, Drills, Research Tables and other consume base 20W when not in use by colonist. Some additional energy can be consumed if a device emits light.

2. Auto-Doors consume 10W when idle. Opening or closing doors consume 10x more energy (500W).

3. Auxiliary devices like Multi-Analyzer, Vitals Monitor consume 10W when no one use linked devices and furniture.

Download
See the first post.

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Should be compatible with other mods. Does not require new save and can be safely deleted from existing.

Canute

Quote2. Auto-Doors consume 10W when idle. Opening or closing doors consume 10x more energy (500W).
10x 10W = 100W   50x 10W = 500W

Why you use different idle power usage ? Basicly the pawn detector is the same at every device and need the same amount of power.

Sladki

Quote from: Canute on November 02, 2018, 03:55:47 AM
Quote2. Auto-Doors consume 10W when idle. Opening or closing doors consume 10x more energy (500W).
10x 10W = 100W   50x 10W = 500W

Why you use different idle power usage ? Basicly the pawn detector is the same at every device and need the same amount of power.

Unmodified 50W x 10 = 500W

Balance. There can be more doors than worktables on the base, doors are less effective (useful) than worktables.
Demand. Worktables and their inner electrical blocks need more power.

Actually, only auto-door has pawn detector. It's like real devices: you don't need to unplug a power cord to turn off your TV or computer, but when you turn them off just by pressing a button, they still will consume some power. Think that with the mod, colonists will press a button and turn on/off devices automatically, but you can still assign them to plug/unplug a power cord manually.

alexus30f

Sladki

Storage Tweaks

Description:
Tiny mod that allow to tweak storages and hauling:

Limit storage capacity per item type.
50% means that half of the storage cell can be filled with items of the same type)

Prioritize hauling items to the nearest (to the items) storage.
Radius 16 means that the storage will have Important priority for items not further than 16 cells, even if the storage has Lowest priority normally.

Prevent uneffective hauling of small stacks of items.
50% threshold means that if the storage is filled with items of the same type on half or more, it can accept only full stack of items (or as much as a pawn can carry). Otherwise (the storage is more than half empty), the storage will accept items with any quantity.

Download
See the first post.

Should be compatible with other mods. Does not require new save and can be safely deleted from existing.

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

zizard

So many players have asked for partial stacks, thanks for making a mod for it.

temple_wing

Please provide mediafire download. Dropbox is banned by chinese gov.

Sladki

Quote from: temple_wing on November 02, 2018, 06:17:22 PM
Please provide mediafire download. Dropbox is banned by chinese gov.
Done.

Quote from: zizard on November 02, 2018, 02:57:13 PM
So many players have asked for partial stacks, thanks for making a mod for it.
There were a mod with variable storage cell capacity per item type already. You are welcome.

Sladki

- Possible fix of buildings, that do work internally (like QE Vats) and always consume low power.

- Fix for Comms Console and Nutrient Paste Dispenser: they consume power for some time after being used now.

EPD

Hi, today I checked updates via ModSync, and there was 1.0.2.1 build of IdlePowerConsumption waiting for me to download - so I did.
Unfortunately from that point it stopped working for me. I tried updates, fresh clean install, reloading with/without mod - nothing. 100% power consumption all the time. And I don't have previous build anywhere to rollback...

Any ideas? :( Maybe I'm missing something, but im loading mod as last now...
[small edit] - Could you upload 1.0.2 build so I can test if it is problem with build or with my mod collection?

Sladki

Quote from: EPD on November 20, 2018, 02:17:06 PM
Hi, today I checked updates via ModSync, and there was 1.0.2.1 build of IdlePowerConsumption waiting for me to download - so I did.
Hi. Do vanilla worktables consume 100%? The mod doesn't affect consumers that have no power or switched off.
Have you tried to test with the new game? Try to create a new game, place an electrical stove and power it, please. Make sure that the mod installed properly (no duplicating directories in the mod folder).

There is no 1.0.2 version. Unfortunately, I don't have 1.0.1 too.

Sladki

It is the same version, just a typo. The next version will be 1.0.3.x: you can ignore x.

Canute

Btw. could you maybe move the download links at the first posting ?
It is easyer/faster to find, special since the storage tweak link lead to Idle power.

EPD

Quote from: Sladki on November 20, 2018, 06:42:40 PM
Quote from: EPD on November 20, 2018, 02:17:06 PM
Hi. Do vanilla worktables consume 100%? The mod doesn't affect consumers that have no power or switched off.
Have you tried to test with the new game? Try to create a new game, place an electrical stove and power it, please. Make sure that the mod installed properly (no duplicating directories in the mod folder).

There is no 1.0.2 version. Unfortunately, I don't have 1.0.1 too.

FIXED. Apparently Infinite Storage was somehow corrupting Idle Power. I changed mod order so IdlePowerConsumption is after HugsLib, and turned off InfiniteStorage as I didn't use it all.

Thanks for great mod :)