Cannot create bionic workbench (need material) it's built, unable to use, RBSE

Started by Bobisme, June 23, 2018, 12:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobisme

i am using RBSE and a dog said. I am using version B18, I have built animal parts no worries, i just tried to make a prosthetic hand for a settler and the bionic work bench keeps saying: 'Cannot create bionic workbench (need material) ' The bench is built, the bill is in place, i have the materials to build the hand and the required skill, but it wont let me :(

I've done a bit of googling I found 2 things, one post had the issue when using RBSE and they said uninstalling the 'other mod' fixed their issue, (they didn't state what the 2nd mod was) which i don't think i can do as a few of my animals have prosthetics  the other was a patch but the author stated the patch is no longer needed? :)

Any help greatly appreciated :)

For the hell of it, a steam link image of me trying to craft on the bionic work bench with the previously mentioned statement: 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1420008196

Canute

I was using RBSE and "A dog said" many times together and didn't encounter any problems.
And both mods got different recipes and shouldn't interfere.

Just try to delete the RBSE mod folder, and copy/unzip it again.

Another thing i could imagine, the pawn got limited area and the resources are outside.
Or the search slider of the recipe is lowered.
Btw. did you do all the nessesesary research ?
Maybe use Helptab mod to check the recipe and the requirements.

Bobisme

Thanks for the help, uninstalling the mod and reinstalling seemed to fix the issue, i had also deconstructed the work bench, though now when i get my settler to make prosthetics it states 'prioritize making workbench', when it should say 'prioritize making prosthetic hand' or the like, not that it matters, along as he can make it.
(I know i had the resources before, I double checked to make sure. )

Canute

Sometimes it happen that your restrict pawn to example Home area, but the stockpile is outside.
You know for sure you have the resources at the stockpile, and the damn recipe don't work, because the pawn isn't allowed to move to that stockpile.

Bobisme

Yeah, true, he was set to unrestricted, though i heard distance to a resource in comparison to the 'bill' can cause an issue