Add hospitality to the base game

Started by hoaxdream, June 15, 2018, 10:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoaxdream

as the title says, i think it's a nice addition to vanilla game, visitors would make sense

Pizza Mode

I do like hospitality and think it's a sensible addition to the base game & fairly well-balanced. +1

Epishade

It has some imbalances/tricks you can pull off that you shouldn't be able to do really though.  By being able to tell your guests where to sleep, you can put them in a room where you have a bunch of heaters, and crank up the heat until they get downed from heatstroke.  Then you can get free stuff by stripping them and they'll even be thankful for rescuing them! lol

It's a good mod, but some changes would need to be made if implemented into vanilla I think.  Vanilla shouldn't have broken tricks like that.

Pizza Mode

fair enough, I don't use those tricks but yeah they shouldn't be possible. Also I think guests give you pretty big bonuses to faction relations when they leave happy

AileTheAlien

If somebody suffers heatstroke in your room, they should become hostile and/or lower your relation with that faction. That's like, the complete opposite of hospitality. "Come for the room and board - stay for the death!" ^^;

Gfurst

While I don't agree for the whole mod, I do think there should be some form os hospitality type mechanics, as of right now you can have visitors and that will be pretty pointless, with the possible risk of having them downed by other factors (like hostiles or rival faction), and take a reputation hit from that.