What's with those saved game titles?

Started by Injured Muffalo, June 26, 2018, 11:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Injured Muffalo

I've been meaning to ask this. I assume it is linked to the seed. For instance, a game called "Secretary's Smalltown."

Seems to have nothing to do with the faction name, or...anything, really. It's interesting, but also a little confusing.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

Bones

It is your faction name, I only play with a single pawn at start and when I get a second pawn it shows a window asking to name the colony and the faction and it's usually names like this for faction.

I guess if you start with several pawns it may ask right at the beginning or not ask at all. idk.

jamaicancastle

It asks you eventually. Normally in the first couple of days, but typically before any population-adding events (in my experience, anyway).

There was a bug in A17 where it just wouldn't ever show up for some games. I think they got that ironed out eventually, though.

Lys

Pretty sure the question is in relation to ironman games, where in the past a random name would be used for the save.

In 1.0 it seems fixed though, once your colony has chosen a name the save will be properly labeled by that name.

Injured Muffalo

Oh, it's supposed to be the faction's name? I've been used to random names on the saved game and different names (I obviously chose) for the faction.

Well, that's...boring... :P
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.