Why still only one type of lamp?

Started by Zombull, June 27, 2018, 05:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombull

I know mods exist that add ceiling and wall lamps. I don't understand why the base game only has the one rather silly looking giant light bulb floor lamp.

ashaffee

Well seeing as he is updating almost every day and sometimes twice a day. I bet cosmetics are a little lower on the to do list.

Ser Kitteh

Lava lamp as a legendary item. Only one spawns per game. Gives a + 100 "Groovy" moodlet.

tynan plz

Zombull

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on June 27, 2018, 09:18:46 AM
Lava lamp as a legendary item. Only one spawns per game. Gives a + 100 "Groovy" moodlet.

tynan plz

I love it!

Trallhatt

Quote from: Zombull on June 27, 2018, 05:51:10 AM
I know mods exist that add ceiling and wall lamps. I don't understand why the base game only has the one rather silly looking giant light bulb floor lamp.

+1. This should be fixed.. mods has wall and ceiling lights, i want this in the base game since lighting is pretty important + does a lot for the aesthetics of the game.

Lava lamp, sure. But again that's a standing lamp. We have a red "party lamp" that can be researched. Didn't notice any red light from it though.

Pretty sure this should be in the Suggestions part of the forum :)

Zombull

Quote from: Trallhatt on June 27, 2018, 11:18:54 AM
Quote from: Zombull on June 27, 2018, 05:51:10 AM

+1. This should be fixed.. mods has wall and ceiling lights, i want this in the base game since lighting is pretty important + does a lot for the aesthetics of the game.

Lava lamp, sure. But again that's a standing lamp. We have a red "party lamp" that can be researched. Didn't notice any red light from it though.

Pretty sure this should be in the Suggestions part of the forum :)

It's been suggested there many times. This was more of a whine...I mean lament about being limited to vanilla options in the 1.0 unstable builds.

DNK

I was really hoping we'd get a massive influx of new assets for 1.0. The standard vanilla assets were perfectly fine for alpha/beta work, to keep things simple and not require too much updating each cycle. However, for a final release, having 1 type of chair, 1-2 beds, 1 lamp, etc, is just underwhelming.

I know we have it all in mods, but i also would expect the official dev team to build up a pretty beefy selection for a final release. Hopefully that is in the cards still and they have the artwork done and are just waiting to have a pretty final form of the code to work from before importing it all...

Canute

I wouldn't await much more from the 1.0 release.
Beside the caravan and the 64 bit , the rest is just minor twink and balancing.

But with the 64 bit, we can new use alot more mod at once, which cause alot more errors, which lead to much more unloadable safegames.

Serenity

At least a wall light should be included

Gfurst

What I want is for auto lights that come up when someone is in the room. Give it a passive/active power usage, and I don't even care about labeling it as "presence sensors", just roleplay it as the pawn fliking the lights when he enters the room, like any sensible human being would do. I don't even care about power usage, just something more variety to your base visuals as it goes through the day. And for the matter why not flicking automatically powered benches when needed?

But then again, this is something that should go in suggestions forum, and probably way down the wishlist line.

DariusWolfe

Quote from: Zombull on June 27, 2018, 12:00:25 PM
This was more of a whine...I mean lament about being limited to vanilla options in the 1.0 unstable builds.

Have I got good news for you: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1420721800

Caveat: I haven't tried it yet, but it's supposed to just be an update of Skullywag's original mod.