1.0.1948: Transhumanist moodlets from artificial parts offset by one tier

Started by Boboid, June 28, 2018, 01:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boboid

Transhumanists correctly suffer the -4 penalty for not having an artificial part and it is correctly removed when one part is added. However they do not get the corresponding "Transhumanist Pleased" bonus for having an artificial part until a second part is added.

This trend continues all the way to Machine Body Complete, At 0/1/2/3/4/5/6/7 artificial parts they receive -4/0/4/6/7/8/9/10 mood.

If this is the intended progression then each of the tooltips for the various moodlets need to be changed because they all specifically list the number of currently attached body parts with the exception of Machine Body Complete.

A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Canute

I would say it is intended.
After he got 1 part he is just pleased not to be a "normal" human anymore.
And with each part he mood increase because he is closer to his dream to become a human brain in a robot body.

Boboid

Well he's not "Pleased" to have the 1st part. He's totally neutral.

The first bonus which currently requires two parts "Transhumanist Pleased" reads "This artificial part is cool. I want more"

The second which requires three parts " Transhumanist Quite Pleased" Reads " Two artificial parts are better than one! I wish I had more"
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

YokoZar

There are two hard problems in programming...

Naming things, cache invalidation, and off by one errors