Possitive Storyteller Incidents

Started by Semmy, October 27, 2013, 05:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Semmy

During testing i noted something. And i think we briefly talked about it on irc.
But the game seriously lacks in positive storyteller incidents.

So let me start of by throwing in some random positive incidents.
And maybe some more people have some. This way the storyteller will atleast get the occasional love.

- Awesome sunlight incident or a muffalo shitted all over your plants incident.
Your outside crops grow twice as fast for 1 day.
- Raider weaponcache found
You find a stash of guns left behind by raiders. What you find is offcourse dependent on where you are in the story
- A comet hits the planet.
Creating a new geyser for more powahhhhhhhhhh

Well im not that creative so i'd rather have you people throw something in here (-:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

salt1219

meteors could rain metal down on the plains, if you don't get hit or burned by the fires you gain a lot of metal.
(could work like lightning) hmm guess that was more neutral and less positive

love the idea of a weapons cache 

Finjinimo

- Perfect Day: a beautiful sunrise, a tasty meal and some good company. The colonists have a renewed sense of hope, if only for a moment (Increased happiness for 24hours).

Raufgar

Couple of suggestions, in order of rarity :

1) Food cache discovered - food stores increased

2) Eureka! moment - your researcher gets a breakthrough in the tech he is researching, and provides one or more of the below possibilities :
a) research is immediately successful
b) give a percentage of completion to an un-researched tech
c) bonus (if any) provided is increased by 10%
d) researcher is refreshed (hunger & sleep stats increased or maxed)

3) An abandoned storage pod makes planetfall (provides resources)

4) Several more colonists makes planetfall (more people to tort- support the colony)

5) During a pirate raid, one or more of their number has a change of heart and turns on his fellows (pirate(s) change sides during raid)

6) Stockpiles items are mysteriously increased overnight while colonists were sleeping...Ascended assistance? Some mysterious benefactor? Weird buried alien tech duplicating items randomly? Who knows... (stockpile count doubled)
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Semmy

raufgar i like nr 5.

pirates with a good hearth (-:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

AspenShadow

While I seriously agree that there needs to be more positives in the game to balance the negative incidents, I thought it would be done via one event happening and then depending on a random roll the outcome of that neutral event would be good or bad for the player.

As opposed to having many positives and negatives, it just seems easier for everything to be neutral with a possibility for each. Makes it easier on the storyteller then to just change the negative/positive chance ratio depending on the player's current situation. Not to mention it then surprises old players from time to time when an event occurs that last time they thought they knew to be a bad thing and it suddenly has a good outcome this playthrough.