Child Birth, an bathroom facilities, xeno-human gene mods?

Started by Voltronguy, October 30, 2013, 02:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltronguy

1. will ur game have children like dwarf fortress????

2. will it have bathrooms so increase mood eventually??? i c from videos yu have hunger but not hygene as much...

3. since there wont be aliens from ur game without modding it in can we see genetic engineered races liek nu-mans and spliced genes with beasts?? lots of sci-fi like urs has this in all human universes..... k thanks!

Kelfka

Ethical questions aside, as far as I know there will not be children in the game.
And at least for the foreseeable future there won't be any sub-human, trans-humans or human-alien hybrids.

AspenShadow

Quote from: Kelfka on October 30, 2013, 12:24:39 PM
Ethical questions aside, as far as I know there will not be children in the game.
And at least for the foreseeable future there won't be any sub-human, trans-humans or human-alien hybrids.

??? I have no idea where you got this information Kelfka. Children will be VERY unlikely and I disagree with having them included personally speaking as well.

But the canon already has well-established xeno-humans, spliced humans, augmented humans, Transanimals, and their less intelligent cousins: the Optianimals.

Hygiene has been an on-going discussion Volt and while a lot of us would like to see it eventually, it will be unlikely to arrive in the game for quite some time. There's a lot to get done and everyone has different priorities for what content they want added to the game, Tynan's getting around to ensuring he has a fun, functioning Pre-Alpha for the Kickstarter backers before adding anything too game-changing that will produce many bugs.

Kelfka

Quote from: AspenShadow on October 31, 2013, 07:55:18 AM
??? I have no idea where you got this information Kelfka. Children will be VERY unlikely and I disagree with having them included personally speaking as well.

But the canon already has well-established xeno-humans, spliced humans, augmented humans, Transanimals, and their less intelligent cousins: the Optianimals.

Here:
Quote from: Tynan on October 26, 2013, 12:32:22 PM
Quote from: AgesBeyond on October 26, 2013, 11:01:28 AM
Hey there, I read through the longsleep revival briefing and thought the idea of transanimals overthrowing their human creators was a pretty interesting concept. With a Pirate King tier donation, would it be possible to create a reasonable transanimal leader that still fits in with RimWorld's lore? Thank you!

Sadly no, just because transanimals aren't really on the horizon for actually being in the game.

And here:
Quote from: Tynan on October 26, 2013, 06:05:47 PM
Quote from: SleepyFox on October 26, 2013, 01:50:09 PM
What about, say, ears and tails under the 'Fashion-driven genetic modifications' area when it comes to flavor for a pirate leader? Since I don't expect that you'll actually see them so they wouldn't need to be put into the game as an art asset. (...yes my pirate queen is supposed to have fox tails and fox ears... but it's negotiable)

In general I'd prefer people restrain themselves from this sort of thing. These kinds of gene mods really should be handled by a real game system which represents them in graphics and gameplay, and that hasn't been developed yet. Also, this isn't really part of a character backstory, it's part of a character description (see the guidelines for info on this). You'd be struggling to comfortably fit this under the 50 word limit.

However, since you're a pirate queen, I'l probably allow this if it were subtle. I really just don't want 200 people sending in all sorts of weird xenohuman/genemodded/transanimal characters; if that happens we'll have to disapprove a lot of entries. However, Pirate King backers are allowed to be slightly weirder if they wish.

I know that xeno-humans, spliced humans, augmented humans, Transanimals, and Optianimals are an intergrated part of the RimWorld Univers. But for now the ones who would need extra graphics and coding will not be included in the game.

As for the kids. The game is meant to be played in 3 to 4 hours. I don't think the player will have time to manage them. They would also need extra graphics and a different coding, as children do not behave as the adults do.