[1.0.1948 - 1.0.1949] Stonecutting, Incompatible Stockpile?

Started by erdrik, June 29, 2018, 11:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erdrik

I have a "Stockpile zone 4" with the following settings:
-0% to 100% hitpoints
-any quality
-Stone Chunks checked
-everything else unchecked

I am assuming the "Look everywhere" button in the details tab is where you set where to grab the chunks.
But my Wooden stonecutter's table does not recognize "Stockpile zone 4" as compatible.
"Stockpile zone 4" is 32 tiles away, and has a single door between it and the table.
"Stockpile zone 2" is 50 tiles away, has two doors between it and the table, has Stone Chunks unchecked, and is recognized as compatible.

If I uncheck Stone Blocks from "Stockpile zone 2" that zone becomes incompatible for both the "Look everywhere" and "Take to ..." buttons.

It would appear that the "Look everywhere" button is filtering its selections as if it were the "Take to ..." button.

EDIT:
Edited because I got mentally turned around in writing this post out.
I initially wrote that I assumed "Look everywhere" was for finished products.
But I mistyped, my assumption was actually that it was for ingredients.

Trblz42

I just wanted to open a bug report too. Here's a screenshot of my case:

Stockpile zone "Slate" with only Slate chunks in it
Stone cutter bill wanting to set only to look in stockpile zone "Slate" - INCOMPATIBLE

[attachment deleted due to age]
Don't panic and carry a towel

BlackSmokeDMax

Is the feature perhaps using the "Look In" setting for counting purposes only? So if you want so many units in stockpile X it does that?

Trblz42

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on June 29, 2018, 02:08:51 PM
Is the feature perhaps using the "Look In" setting for counting purposes only? So if you want so many units in stockpile X it does that?

"Look in" means for me: use this stockpile only for this bill. So my expectation is that if in Stockpile X I have >0 slate chunks then my bill to make slate blocks should work when it meets other requirements. Within the current design I consider this a bug.

I've also suggested a way to optimize it, see https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42069.0
Don't panic and carry a towel

harpo99999

the stone cutting table outputs stone BLOCKS and inputs stone CHUNKS, so it is looking for the output  location to place the stone BLOCKS

erdrik

After reading the replies and reviewing my post I realized I made a pretty major typo in my OP.

I said I had assumed "Look everywhere" was for finished product, when actually I had assumed it was for looking for ingredients.

Ive updated the OP to correct this mistake.